Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman and Batwoman team up to fight... Medusa?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sethysquare
    No Caption Provided

BATWOMAN #13

Written by J.H. WILLIAMS III and W. HADEN BLACKMAN

Art and cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III

1:25 B&W Variant cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III

On sale OCTOBER 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

• Batwoman and Wonder Woman team up!

• Batwoman and Wonder Woman team up! (We’re so excited we had to say it twice!)

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. The variant cover will feature the standard edition cover in a wraparound format.

· Batwoman and Wonder Woman team up to fight Medusa!

· Batwoman and Wonder Woman team up to fight Medusa! (We're so excited we had to say it twice!)

Is it this Medusa?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

yes I heard of this. I'll curious how this will turn out and how this will change these 2 as a character.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gokuwarrior

probably it'll end up being a bad showing for wonder woman.

it would be great if they make medusa a powerful being,with super strength,super speed etc,then batwoman after facing her,she is completely outclased easily by medusa,so then they can make wonder woman play the key role,since she has god like powers and make a very good fight between 2 super powered beings;but no,probably wonder woman will treated poorly,she has god like powers,but probably medusa will totaly own her,and probably medusa will be just above humans,and still they will make her own wonder woman,and batwoman,a normal human will save the day,sorry i have a bad feeling,when a super powerd being teams up with a peak human,it's more likely that they'll make the super powered character look bad to give the other the spotligh,specially if it's wonder woman,she has the record of being treated poorly by most of the comic writters,sad but true.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Zdaybreak

Meh

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sethysquare

@moywar700: I wasn't interested in this book before cos I don't really like batwoman. But I think I'll pick this up for Diana.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 4_color_image

At the end of this months Batwoman we see Medusa's green/ scaly hand so I am assuming this is the same Medusa from Greek mythology. I am sure with the creative team on Batwoman that Diana will be treated with the up most respect.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By jointron33

I hooe to god Gokuwarrior is wrong, but considering some if the crappy Batman/Superman crossovers I've seen, that's unlikely.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Hazlenaut

It would more impressive if they took away Medusa's mask. When taken away she broken girl. Killing her makes monsters since every time she blood creates monsters. It was just conspiracy to make mankind bow down to the gods.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jointron33: i'm a big fan of wonder woman,but even on her own comic she has been treated poorly many times,and outside her comic

is even worse,many times she is treated like the helper,or just the punching bag,most writters don't develop her properly,and DC doesn't promote her either,so things for her don't get any better,i want to have hope for her in this new 52,but i don't know,she still isn't going anywhere,it's sad,because she is the most iconic female,a powerhouse,and a very good character with much potential.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jointron33: my problem is with most of the writters,they make her power level inconsistent,and they never let her shine when superman and batman are around,most of the timer she is just the helper or the punching bag,while they do the important job,and DC never promotes her,after 71 years,what does she have?,one comic for month tha almost any other comic outsells now,a TV series,and one animated movie.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sethysquare

@gokuwarrior said:

it would be great if they make medusa a powerful being,with super strength,super speed etc,then batwoman after facing her,she is completely outclased easily by medusa,so then they can make wonder woman play the key role,since she has god like powers and make a very good fight between 2 super powered beings;but no,probably wonder woman will treated poorly,she has god like powers,but probably medusa will totaly own her,and probably medusa will be just above humans,and still they will make her own wonder woman,and batwoman,a normal human will save the day,sorry i have a bad feeling,when a super powerd being teams up with a peak human,it's more likely that they'll make the super powered character look bad to give the other the spotligh,specially if it's wonder woman,she has the record of being treated poorly by most of the comic writters,sad but true.

you need to stop this.

DC is not sexist. You're just obsessed to make WW the most powerful person in the world.

Good story telling like the current Azzarello run isn't concerned about that. You remind me of those angry Superman fans that are upset that they depower Superman.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moywar700

@sethysquare said:

@gokuwarrior said:

you need to stop this.

DC is not sexist. You're just obsessed to make WW the most powerful person in the world.

Good story telling like the current Azzarello run isn't concerned about that. You remind me of those angry Superman fans that are upset that they depower Superman.

you said you wanted to make ww a solor system buster in the other thread. You only WW to be more like DBZ.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sethysquare

@moywar700 said:

@sethysquare said:

@gokuwarrior said:

you need to stop this.

you said you wanted to make ww a solor system buster in the other thread. You only WW to be more like DBZ.

oh god thats funny. Haha.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gokuwarrior

@sethysquare: no i want her to be what she is supposed to be,a powerhouse and a skilful warrior that is part of the trinity,but writters don't show her like that,because when superman and batman are around,they put her aside,superman and batman make the important job,and save the day,while she is shown as the helper,or they treat her like a punching bag,while the other 2 take care of more important things.

if you like to see her being knocked by batman,owned by deathstoke,tagged and knocked out by humans,defeated by aquaman,taken down by a sand storm,defeated by,owned by clayface,etc,,and if you want to see her villans being humiliated by catwoman all the time,then fine,just keep supporting that,because that's what DC does to her most of the time,but for me,it's important that he most iconic female get to be written and treated properly.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gokuwarrior

@moywar700:

i just want her to be what she is supposed to be,a powerhouse and a skilful warrior that is part of the trinity,but writters don't show her like that,because when superman and batman are around,they put her aside,superman and batman make the important job,and save the day,while she is shown as the helper,or they treat her like a punching bag,while the other 2 take care of more important things.

if you like to see her being knocked by batman,owned by deathstoke,tagged and knocked out by humans,defeated by aquaman,taken down by a sand storm,defeated by poison ivy,owned by clayface,etc,,and if you want to see her villans being humiliated by catwoman all the time,then fine,just keep supporting that,because that's what DC does to her most of the time,but for me,it's important that he most iconic female get to be written and treated properly.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sethysquare

@gokuwarrior: I tried to find a wonder woman picture that looks like dragon ball z but i couldn't :( internet is sexist.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gokuwarrior

@sethysquare: it has nothing to do with dbz,you deny the fact that many street level chracters have humiliated her even with her god like power,the fact that superman dominates her easily most of the time,the fact,that batman can survive an attack from a bloodlusted superman,and knock wonder woman,like if wonder woman was nothing,and batman is also just human,you like to se her being treated like that?,well i don't.

Amazon_Brigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Amazon_Brigade

@gokuwarrior said:

@moywar700:

i just want her to be what she is supposed to be,a powerhouse and a skilful warrior that is part of the trinity,but writters don't show her like that,because when superman and batman are around,they put her aside,superman and batman make the important job,and save the day,while she is shown as the helper,or they treat her like a punching bag,while the other 2 take care of more important things.

if you like to see her being knocked by batman,owned by deathstoke,tagged and knocked out by humans,defeated by aquaman,taken down by a sand storm,defeated by poison ivy,owned by clayface,etc,,and if you want to see her villans being humiliated by catwoman all the time,then fine,just keep supporting that,because that's what DC does to her most of the time,but for me,it's important that he most iconic female get to be written and treated properly.

When was she knocked by batman owned by deathstroke? tagged and knocked out defeated by aquaman ETC ETC?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Amazon_Brigade: being owned by deathstroke,clayface,poison ivy,etc,there are all fights from WW v2,i don't remember the issues by the titles,but they are from WW v2,she also has bad showings in WW v3,the one where aquaman defeated her was in flashpoint,and she has bad showings in other comics outside her title,that's why i say that many writters treat her poorly.

Amazon_Brigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Amazon_Brigade

@gokuwarrior: ok I read flashpoint and I am 100% sure aquaman did not defeat her. and I am skeptical of the other claims

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Amazon_Brigade: look it up,batman,clayface,poison ivy,deathstroke,they all gave her a very hard time.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TAneT62

Lets pray Diana is the one to take down Medusa, not some street level fighter who is far below Wonder Woman.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hazlenaut

It would be funny if in the end Medusa hugs Batwoman because she is friendlier. Medusa is Greek Tragedy and Gotham has few of those in their city. How about Batwoman takes Pegasus this will help her get on the Bats good side. The Batgirls will like flying pony. I just want to hear “To the BatPegasus”.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gokuwarrior

@TAneT62: and let's hope that medusa is powerful,and has super strength,speed etc,so she won't make wonder woman look weak,diana is a powerhouse not a street level character.

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
    Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime

Hopefully they do WW justice and maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I don't think as of now they plan on making Kate upstage Diana even if it is her book. I could be wrong, but I'd like to think they'd do two of my favorite characters justice.

Batwoman # 12
    Batwoman # 12
    gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Goldenboy_Prime: if they make medusa a street level character and let her beat wonder woman,they will be humiliating wonder woman,so let's hope they don't make that to her.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hatutzeraze

@gokuwarrior said:

if they make medusa a street level character and let her beat wonder woman,they will be humiliating wonder woman,so let's hope they don't make that to her.

Most of the villains in this recent Batwoman title have all been well above street level. I'd be surprised if any new villain in Batwoman was street level, especially one introduced in a Wonder Woman story.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hazlenaut

I know you guys are asking for moment that would glorify Wonder Woman which she needs, but isn’t odd that dc made good few Greek tragedy characters so other companies but haven’t done one with Wonder Woman’s villains that are believable or worth caring about. Medusa is great example Greek tragedy.

I think there will be similarity with Batwoman and Medusa. Both over-boast themselves and they were they paid for it by having their identities destroyed.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By fodigg

@Hazlenaut: I thought according to Ovid that Medusa was punished by Athena for being raped by Poseidon. Because it happened in her temple and that was somehow Medusa's fault.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hazlenaut

@fodigg: That is the true version of it and Pegasus is Medusa’s child in Greek Mythology. I do not know which version they are going to use since they do need follow Greek version, since DC’s timeline so scrambled.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Hatutzeraze: batwoman is still humasn,if she can deal with her villans somehow,then it would be a bad showing for wonder woman,if they let characters above humans give wonder woman problems,she is a semi-goddess,she shouldn't have problems with characters above peak human level,i hope they don't mess with her in this comic.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32  Edited By x_29

Im not interested in Batwoman, but might read it for WW if she is written well.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hazlenaut

Remember what is said of the blood of Medusa makes monsters. What if that result for a new big time villain for Wonder Woman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.