Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Against Katana?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the stuff leading up to the trinity war it was hinted that Katana was chosen to be in the JLA to go up against Wonder Woman. Maybe I missed something (totally possible since I haven't read any stuff with Katana in the New52), but I feel like Wonder Woman would destroy her. I get that Katana is a great swords-woman and that her background is slightly magical/mystical, but I still feel like it's a pretty one-sided fight. Can anyone explain to me how she could hold her own/what skills she has to put her on par with someone of Diana's level?

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're probably going to write Diana as an idiot and she'll just fight Katana with her sword, completely forgetting she has super strength, super speed and flying on her side.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure WW would stomp her

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Outside_85

The only way Katana could beat Diana would be by ambushing her, otherwise the fight is best described as a melon getting stepped on by an elephant.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@laserlambert: Basically, it will be the thrust that broke the ho's cervix

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so unimaginative. Not to mention STUPID. Really? They couldn't find Exoristos from Demon Knights and power her up? They couldn't reintroduce a revamped Artemis? They couldn't make a NEW CHARACTER?! Sorry but if Katana even manages to nick Diana in that fight, Johns will be receiving some very interesting responses. Possibly fatal to his health

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#9  Edited By Black_Claw

Wonder Woman wins with one punch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're probably going to write Diana as an idiot and she'll just fight Katana with her sword, completely forgetting she has super strength, super speed and flying on her side.

I'm afraid that Johns will end up going this route...

The only way Katana could beat Diana would be by ambushing her, otherwise the fight is best described as a melon getting stepped on by an elephant.

I don't even see how she could legitimately beat WW through ambush. She could maybe hurt her, but after that I still feel like she'd get trounced.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divingfalcon713 said:

@lolzstastic said:

I'm afraid that Johns will end up going this route...

Idiocy is expected with a match up like this.

It's so unimaginative. Not to mention STUPID. Really? They couldn't find Exoristos from Demon Knights and power her up? They couldn't reintroduce a revamped Artemis? They couldn't make a NEW CHARACTER?! Sorry but if Katana even manages to nick Diana in that fight, Johns will be receiving some very interesting responses. Possibly fatal to his health

They probably wanted to give Katana a push even though all they needed to accomplish that is to not give Ann Nocenti her ongoing series.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: Haha. That's funny though I can't actually agree as I have no personal experience of Nocenti's writing. I get the impression I should be thankful for that

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lolzstastic: this is the ultimate proof that DC doesn't care about wonder woman,they let her be the punching bag of street level characters,they treat her very bad,some fans still want to believe she is part of the trinity but she isn't,they don't treat her as part of it,superman has had bad writtin moments too,but they would never let superman get a hard time fighting an street level character in a very important event that affects the whole DC universe,but they don't have any problem to let wonder woman get the low part of the contract as usual,wow,what amazing treatment for the most iconic female,when you see how bad they treat the best selling female comic chararacter,then it doesn't surprise you when you see how bad the other females are treated in the comic world,we haven't come too far when it comes to female rights in the comic world my friends.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: Oh you are, you are. I have no idea how bad her Katana is (it's probably pretty bad) but her Catwoman is by far the worst thing in stands right now and her Green Arrow was abysmal, I'd go as far as call it the worst run on the character ever.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Nice rant bro but TL;DR. I have no idea why you even replied to me.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Geoff Johns, so Katana will beat Wonder Woman if he wants her to and that's just how its going to be. If he's feeling generous, then he'll offer some half-assed plot device explanation, but I wouldn't even count on that.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I feel like I'm the one who should be asking that question... what just happened?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: i responded to a comment you made,i can't do that?.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lolzstastic

@gokuwarrior: Well, if your response doesn't have much to do with my original comment...

Sporedust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sporedust

Well... A katana is a whole lot cooler than a lasso

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: it has to do with your comment,because the bad writtin moments that she has had through the years are something that most A list characters don't have as often as she does,proving DC doesn't care about her,and this karana fight will probably prove that once again.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sporedust: that's your oppinion,for me,an unbreakable lasso that can destroy darck creatures,can make anyone tell the truth,can create a hestia circle that monsters can't pass,can heal insanity and can disable any type of illysion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a katana.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Yeah, problem is, I said nothing that had to do with that so...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: you said they are going to writte her as an idiot that forgets all the powers she has,and that has to do with bad writtin,the many bad writtin moments that she has been getting through the years because it's obiously that DC doesn't care about her,they don't treat as a true part of the trinity like some fans want to think.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK yeah its just plain dumb to square off wonder woman against katana

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana's katana better have some powerful tricks up it's sleeve.

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By akintoussaint

They'er just building -up up katana for the new Batman series.Pairing her against WW helps her popularity with comic fans.

As for the katana having a victory over WW. I don't think even DC's that stupid

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I only said what could happen, not what happened. ANd honestly, I have no interest in debating this, what you said isn't even the point I was going for, I'm not even that big of a Wonder Woman fan, so leave me out of this.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the supposed pairings between the JL and JLA are pretty stupid. The whole premise of the Justice League is that they are the world's most powerful heroes, so to then make a team with the same number of people and expect any of them to stand a chance is already a flawed premise. Maybe the JLA and JLD will join together to take on the JL. Without strength in numbers there is no reason that ANY JL member should lose his/her respective matchup. Superman and Wonder Woman could probably beat the entire JLA single-handedly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: Yeah, I feel like the JL could easily take everyone on JLA with the exception of Martian Manhunter. He was seriously underrated before the New52 and now they seem to be taking an interest in really using him to his full potential.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ridiculous, stupid, and just plain idiotic.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62: WOAH THERE!

Katana has got this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: Could you tell me why? Like I said in the OP I would like to know why it's a fair fight

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I don't even see how she could legitimately beat WW through ambush. She could maybe hurt her, but after that I still feel like she'd get trounced.

Well I imagine Katana could deliver a fatal blow to WW if she jumps her without WW being aware of her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm assuming that they're not trying to kill each other.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be honest when I say that the only person in the JLA who impresses me is Martian Manhunter. I expect everyone else to be stomped by their respected JL counterparts. Well, Baz might do well since he has a power ring, but compared to the Justice League, I just feel like he'd be taken out pretty easily. Katana, who has no real power, is supposed to be comparable to Wonder Woman? She'd be the first to get taken out in this fight...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gokuwarrior

@theocitylegend: she will probably have an stupid plot in her advantage,that's all she will get if she gets something,15 minutes of fame for poor katana and then back to the shadows,comic writters are so lame sometimes.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gokuwarrior

@outside_85 said:
    @divingfalcon713 said:

Well I imagine Katana could deliver a fatal blow to WW if she jumps her without WW being aware of her.

that will only happen if wonder woman forgets she has superhuman senses and super reaction speed,how the hell someone like wonder woman who has great fighting skills,a lot of experience in combat and with reflexes fast enough to react against omega beams and speedblitzs from supergirl will be taken by surprise by a streel level character like katana?.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good to see Katana getting a push but her solo series kinda makes her look weak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Actually Cheetah has usually had strength enough to compete with Wonder Woman as well as being faster.

I don't care that Katana isn't an A-lister, I just haven't seen any indication that she is in Diana's league

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TAneT62

@justthatkid: Same goes.

@tanet62: WOAH THERE!

Katana has got this.

Give me a legit reason? She is an ant to Diana.

She is no where near Diana's level. She's outclassed in strength, speed, endurance, combat, and just about everything, tenth fold. Unless the writer decides to turn Diana into a vegetable, then maybe Katana has a tiny chance.

And don't try and back you're statements up, unless you have obvious scans that indicates anything.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PowerWoman

Ha

When I'm say wonder woman need high-level feats,someone call me "shallow“they are say "you need read layered story and plot dont care silly feats!!"

Now,Wonder woman got a great adversary,katana

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62: @gokuwarrior:

See?we are hope wonder woman got high level feats,people call us this is shallow,high-level feats is silly,

yes,That just silly and crazy,wonder woman got shame again,Just think,if superman struggle lift 1 tons,I'm really want to know their idea

I am glad to hear them say"Dont care silly feats!we just need good story and plot!"

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read Katana's solo series, any feats worth mentioning?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerWoman

@tanet62: That not a news

No Caption Provided

@gokuwarrior:she has superhuman senses and super reaction speed ,yes,but for new 52,did you see any Impressive senses and reaction speed feats?No

@ostyo: For human,she is good,but for wonder woman?just a shame

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lilben42

@powerwoman: When you say the writer sucks just for not giving high end feats that's when its dumb. WW has enough feats to beat Katana anyways. But knowing Johns he will make it a hard fight, probably.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.