Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WONDER WOMAN #45 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This was a really good issue. There's a scene in it that was a real shock to the emotions, if you're not use to violence in the media.

It appears that Ares' lover or wife is after Diana and blames her for his death.

Diana gets saved.

Donna dies in this issue.

Violet dies in this issue.

Very well done, in my perspective.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@dshipp17: I could complain about Donna´s death, but she back in Titans Hunt.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@vitalius: The question of the day is: How do you kill a character in your story after you established that they can't die.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@malachi_munroe:

1. I wasnt dead i was just "insert here the reason"
    2. Magic
    3. Redone everything bad after final issue of that arc.
    4. I was healed or rescurected because "insert here the reason"
    5. Writers dont care or didnt pay attention causing plot hole in both stories.
    Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And hurricane Finch rages on, the death toll mounts, the Finches will leave the Wonder Woman verse in shambles. At first blush, I thought it made sense that Meredith would write to her husband's strengths, if you're gonna write rubbish you might as well showcase the artist's fortes, but now I realize this run is basically a display case for David Finch, that you pay for.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Dammit you're right! This is just f'n horrible writing. How do you establish that a character can't die then kill them off anyways? How can David read this stuff and agree with it being published?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book suck badly I mean the reveal behind this was so weak I just want this story to be over

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Archizooom

@somayareece: I don't know that she's dead, the arrow turned Donna to stone which is probably reversible at this point

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@somayareece: I don't know that she's dead, the arrow turned Donna to stone which is probably reversible.

Well, Hippolyta turned to clay was also reversible... right up to the point when it wasn't.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: She's alive and well in Titans Hunt so I reckon Donna will meet a different fate than Hippolyta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: @outside_85: That's weird considering Diana was turnt back to clay in a Post-Crisis story and it was reversed.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I don't think she's truly dead, I mean she's been turned to stone because of the God Killer Arrow. Maybe they just need to pull the arrow out of her for her to heal? It was a really good issue in my opinion. It was sad to see Violet die specially so soon.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not dead. As bad as it was, I enjoyed this issue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I feel especially bad for Wonder Woman in this issue at the treatment from the Finches to be honest. She gets suckered by Aegus and doesn't fight back against him, she fails to inspire Donna or teach her to be a better person since she drops those teachings the minute her friend is murdered and she's still fighting with the other gods of Olympus to boot too. I know the Azzarello haters didn't like how he depicted Wonder Woman's difficulty in solving her own problems but I think she put up a better show with more effort and attempt than she's displaying here. Worst of all is how Donna's being butchered beyond repair, I'm surprised Wolfman still works for DC when the characters he's worked on in New Teen Titans are ruined by incompetent creators.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

The only problem I had with this issue was that Wonder Woman seemed to he everyone's punching bag, Aegus beat her down, then Donna took her turn. I mean I get that she doesn't want to beat them down because they're young and all but she could at least block a hit or two.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh happy days, hurricane Finch is laying waste to the Wonder Woman verse, destroying everything in its path, meanwhile she's a bit player in the drama that's Superman's life in SMWW, her characterization is spot-on! And her role in Darkseid War is HUGE so everyone but Wonder Woman is getting a one-off. Even a debby downer such as myself is overcome with joy.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: The question of the day is: How do you kill a character in your story after you established that they can't die.

right? and now Aegis is all "sorry I tried to kill you and become the GoW, now I'm on your side because the god who hired me is actually crazy" ... seriously? How is he just now catching on that the god who set him up is crazy?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Oh happy days, hurricane Finch is laying waste to the Wonder Woman verse, destroying everything in its path, meanwhile she's a bit player in the drama that's Superman's life in SMWW, her characterization is spot-on! And her role in Darkseid War is HUGE so everyone but Wonder Woman is getting a one-off. Even a debby downer such as myself is overcome with joy.

She gets the main title. The others are one shot tie-ins. WW will be the main player in the whole second phase and the rest of the league isn't mentioned at all. Check the solicits at least.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Archizooom

@squalleon: I read the solicitations, she's sharing the spotlight with Mister Miracle and the Crime Syndicate which is fine really, it's just that it's dawning on me now that perhaps her role is not as big as I originally thought. That's what happens when I set my expectations high.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I read the solicitations, she's sharing the spotlight with Mister Miracle and the Crime Syndicate which is fine really, it's just that it's dawning on me now that perhaps her role is not as big as I originally thought. That's what happens when I set my expectations high.

I'm happy that it's her thoughts we hear throughout the war. This makes her central to the proceedings more so than any other member of the League. Batgod and almost murderous Superman aside, this is her baby and I'm loving it.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: I'm enjoying it too, I feel like I should say that. But obviously the more the merrier, especially as we go through this great Wonder Woman drought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I'm glad I am not the only one to know that her role isn't big in Darkseid. Everyone is getting power ups and literally becoming gods except her. How do you establish that someone is going to have the biggest role in a storyline and proceed to make them the least relevant one?

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're saving the best for last. :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@agent41 said:
    @lvenger said:

I feel especially bad for Wonder Woman in this issue at the treatment from the Finches to be honest. She gets suckered by Aegus and doesn't fight back against him, she fails to inspire Donna or teach her to be a better person since she drops those teachings the minute her friend is murdered and she's still fighting with the other gods of Olympus to boot too. I know the Azzarello haters didn't like how he depicted Wonder Woman's difficulty in solving her own problems but I think she put up a better show with more effort and attempt than she's displaying here. Worst of all is how Donna's being butchered beyond repair, I'm surprised Wolfman still works for DC when the characters he's worked on in New Teen Titans are ruined by incompetent creators.

Not everybody that doesn't like Azz's work has to be a hater. Hit/miss moments, that's been WW in the New 52. As far as WW solving her own problems goes, Azz wasn't going anywhere. He got her personality right and was more consistent with his writing style, i will give him that. But being more consistent is somethig we should expect in a veteran vs new writer situation. If his writing wasn't more consistent compred to a writer that is new in the game, that would have been very sad.

Fine, it's also people who don't like Azzarello's run and his critics who didn't like that aspect of his Wonder Woman run as well, does that smooth my original phrasing over? And the rest of your post doesn't really connect with how Azz at least had Wonder Woman try to solver her own problems, admit where she went wrong and learn from the experience to better deal with it next time. Here Diana is just failing in everything she does under The Finches' pens and that is far more damaging and disrespectful handling of the character than what she went through in Azzarello's run.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Archizooom

@somayareece said:

@brunnhilde: I'm glad I am not the only one to know that her role isn't big in Darkseid. Everyone is getting power ups and literally becoming gods except her. How do you establish that someone is going to have the biggest role in a storyline and proceed to make them the least relevant one?

I think Wonder Woman will be the leader of the resistance, the Princess Leia of the Darkseid War, but we'll see. I'm just a bit bummed about the bracelets, some consistency across the board would be lovely. I happen to really like the berserk-mode

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CSG_CL

@somayareece said:

well, she's already a God so what do they do make her a "double god"? ... I suspect we'll see Diana need to embrace her true power in order to stop the Justice League Gods

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @agent41 said:
    @lvenger said:

Not everybody that doesn't like Azz's work has to be a hater. Hit/miss moments, that's been WW in the New 52. As far as WW solving her own problems goes, Azz wasn't going anywhere. He got her personality right and was more consistent with his writing style, i will give him that. But being more consistent is somethig we should expect in a veteran vs new writer situation. If his writing wasn't more consistent compred to a writer that is new in the game, that would have been very sad.

Fine, it's also people who don't like Azzarello's run and his critics who didn't like that aspect of his Wonder Woman run as well, does that smooth my original phrasing over? And the rest of your post doesn't really connect with how Azz at least had Wonder Woman try to solver her own problems, admit where she went wrong and learn from the experience to better deal with it next time. Here Diana is just failing in everything she does under The Finches' pens and that is far more damaging and disrespectful handling of the character than what she went through in Azzarello's run.

Have to agree with you on this one ... the Finch run is a mess. Sooner we get past them the better IMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @agent41 said:
    @lvenger said:

Oh please. I don't even remember the last time someone wrote Wonder Woman properly or handled her without damaging her character. Everyone portrays her differently one way or another. We got Finch portraying her as some naive ignoramus that tries to give advice to people on being a better person like she's some type of angel. I don't know what Azzarello did that is so special except that he is a veteran writer that should know how to give a good story. His characterization was out of the box and doesn't fit a character like Wonder Woman. We can sit here and pick out things that are right or wrong with what these people giving us but nobody here knows what Marston truly wanted.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By dshipp17

@somayareece said:
    @lvenger said:
    @agent41 said:
    @lvenger said:

Oh please. I don't even remember the last time someone wrote Wonder Woman properly or handled her without damaging her character. Everyone portrays her differently one way or another. We got Finch portraying her as some naive ignoramus that tries to give advice to people on being a better person like she's some type of angel. I don't know what Azzarello did that is so special except that he is a veteran writer that should know how to give a good story. His characterization was out of the box and doesn't fit a character like Wonder Woman. We can sit here and pick out things that are right or wrong with what these people giving us but nobody here knows what Marston truly wanted.

I agree; no one has written Wonder Woman in the spirit of Marston, while Batman and Superman are mostly written in the vision of their creators, even to this day. The only writer I'll pluck up is Messner-Loebs, however.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really we need to write a letter to DC to get Meredith off this book. DC keeps hiring bad writers.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: ...is it wrong that I wanted Strife to eat him? (..i actually enjoy the way she writes strife ..mostly because she's that pain in the a** sibling )

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: LOL ... Would have been better than what ended up happening!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.