Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 39 Discussion spoiler allowed

• 57 results
    FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@foamborn: But wasn't Diana's mission to help the world by bringing peace and equality to man's world? Of course, her Amazon upbringing does mean she won't be afriad to use force in order to achieve it.

That's the "Wonder Woman paradox". Wonder Woman knows better than most that sometimes peace cannot be achieved through peaceful means.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder Woman can kill; this incident was very different from the situation with Maxwell Lord.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any Wonder Woman fan will know that this issue was complete trash. This issue contradicted against everything Diana stands for. She is the God of War, but that is by far, the worst thing DC have done. The point of the character is peace, but they made her the God of War... BS. Another thing that's even more ironic is the fact that the God of War began to cry because she made a small mistake. This whole God of War concept does not fit for Diana. This issue was terrible.

anibal336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By anibal336

@captain_batman_ftw:
    If there is to be a God of War there is no one better than Diana to hold the mantle. She can keep war in check and only wage it when necessary. Ares chose her to train for that very reason.

The mantle of of peace would be wasted on Diana. Everyone already knows she fights for peace.

The notion that being the god of war is already making Diana more violent is ridiculous and cliche. Get this awful writer off this title now!

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

If there is to be a God of War there is no one better than Diana to hold the mantle. She can keep war in check and only wage it when necessary. Ares chose her to train for that very reason.

The mantle of of peace would be wasted on Diana. Everyone already knows she fights for peace.

The notion that being the god of war is already making Diana more violent is ridiculous and cliche. Get this awful writer off this title now!

Yeah, but in Wonder Woman #39, she was all like: ''I'm the God of War, I'm gonna kill you!'' It pretty much sucked.

Morlock50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Morlock50

@captain_batman_ftw:

I have to agree with you here. Wonder Woman is one of my favorite characters, and I gave this new team 4 issues, but I'm ready to drop it now. Diana hasn't done anything remotely awesome in her own title for months now.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morlock50: Meredith is just trashing around with Wonder Woman. She probably hasn't researched on her in the past, and now that she's the God of War, Wonder Woman has become more violent in her series. That's not how she's supposed to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.