Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 36 your thought

• 160 results
    Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I loved it, Tony S. Daniel was the best WW artist of the New 52.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

My point is he's a great artist, even if your not a fan at the very least respect him for the work he's done, and for the care he's putting into WW's book.

Still waiting for the 'superstar artist' to create any superstar worthy work.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By CSG_CL

@csg_cl said:

@scorpio_cassadine: no shame in makeup or heels! Or in no makeup and combat boots. I'll never understand why it matters so much to people, it's not like in Diana's deepest thoughts she's ashamed of her looks or the shape of her legs or feels pressure to wear heels and makeup because her male teammates think she should

There are no make-up and combat boots superheroines, Wonder Woman is not one of them. Except on special occasions.

And despite what was said about WW in flats Post Crisis, Diana has worn heels since the start of the New 52, like she did in the Golden and Silver Age. It's a costume distinction like the blue/black boots or chevron top. I hate both, but I'm forced to live with them.

I have no problem with heels and make-up ... it's no different than 12-pack abs on every male, it's an artistic choice that is used to "beautify" the characters. It's not like we see Diana shopping for shoes and make-up or obsessing about this, it's not part of her character traits ... it's her costume, she wears it with little fuss. Is it practical? Of course not, but then I'm fairly certain Batman's full body armor/kevlar suit or the GA Flash's helmet aren't practical for what they really do either. Imagine wearing a suit that weighed over 100lbs and trying to run around in it? And capes? What real use to capes have ... always makes me think of The Incredibles :)

Also, Have you seen the new Batgirl? Definitely combat boots

No Caption Provided

Anarussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today, it's hard to find some artist i really like, they 're so horrible, specially Finch's. Omg. What the hell i just read? Creepy, Awful. There's no way this is gonna better... give up. Give up of the new 52.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@csg_cl said:

@captainmarvel4ever: IMO he's way better at monsters than something like WW. His interpretation of Diana makes me feel like we are reading wonder girl rather than WW ... I hope he can learn to draw a more mature looking Diana

I don't see what you mean. Also if your wondering why I'm responding this late, it's because I wasn't notified you sent me a message until just now.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: the fight between them was interesting I mean aquaman did try but he more annoyed swamp thing with his attacks then do damage he managed to get get swamp thing eaten by army manatee which was funny didn't work btw

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@captainmarvel4ever: IMO he's way better at monsters than something like WW. His interpretation of Diana makes me feel like we are reading wonder girl rather than WW ... I hope he can learn to draw a more mature looking Diana

I don't see what you mean. Also if your wondering why I'm responding this late, it's because I wasn't notified you sent me a message until just now.

No worries, I think the notification thing has been goofy lately as I have not been getting them consistently either and I think I've seen a few others comment on that problem too :)

All I'm saying is that I think Finch's art looks better to me when he's drawing something like Swamp Thing (i.e. monsters). His Diana looks like a 15 year old girl, her face is very young looking, thus it gives the book the feel of Wonder Girl not Wonder Woman.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

My point is he's a great artist, even if your not a fan at the very least respect him for the work he's done, and for the care he's putting into WW's book.

His Forever Evil and Brightest Day work is stunning. Even if you don't like it you have to admit it's amazing.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

His Forever Evil and Brightest Day work is stunning. Even if you don't like it you have to admit it's amazing.

Not when it makes my eyes bleed. As a guy who is drawing in the same category as Jim Lee, or trying to, he is the undisputed worst of the lot in DC's employ.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@outside_85 said:

Not when it makes my eyes bleed. As a guy who is drawing in the same category as Jim Lee, or trying to, he is the undisputed worst of the lot in DC's employ.

Now your just purposely being recalcitrant, your never going to get your point across if you don't offer a well constructed argument. Until then I just can't take what your saying seriously.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now your just purposely being recalcitrant, your never going to get your point across if you don't offer a well constructed argument. Until then I just can't take what your saying seriously.

You could try and name someone worse for starters. Thing to look out for is that Finch (like Lee) mainly tries to make their work look as if it was real, unlike people like Jay Lee of Cliff Chiang who take a stylized approach to their work. However, Finch's approach to realism has left Diana look like someone that suffers a from a horrible mix of Downs Syndrome, Scoliosis and retarded aging.

And likewise, I can't take anyone seriously that thinks Finch is a good artist.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I wouldn't say he's trying to make it look photo realistic, he's just drawing it the way he likes to, with more detail and shape.

Once again, unless you actual want to be serious about this, stop talking about it. If you don't find his work appealing, then don't buy, it's that simple, you don't need to be petulant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.