Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 35# Spoiler Allow

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

good ending to quote Strife "I KNEW IT"

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waw words fail me to describe how disappointed I am, feels like someone put dried fennel seeds in my anniversary cake and denied me the pleasure of eating it, not that the cake was bad but what I really wanted was to stuff my face with a sumptuous black forest cake after 12 months of waiting. What Wonder Woman did to the First Born for me was just heartless, that didn't go down very well with me at all. On the other hand, the Minotaur's act of clemency was a beautiful albeit predictable moment and, apart from Chiang's splendid art which I will sorely miss, the only thing I enjoyed about this [not so] grand finale.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: i must be heartless then cause i think the 1st born deserve worst he got off easy

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FoamBorn
    @darknightspideyfanboy said:

@foamborn: i must be heartless then cause i think the 1st born deserve worst he got off easy

He deserved to die or to be put away but not in this fashion, when he reached toward Wonder Woman for a little bit of love, that we all need but that's always been denied to him. Wonder Woman could've just gotten the job done without being a bitch, to her own kin

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: i dont think she was b!tch but like she said it call "tough love" on a side note do u think Zeke will become WW 1st male sidekick

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoamBorn
    @superguy1591 said:

@foamborn: he's not dead, he's asleep.

Yes and he'll carry only the weight of hatred and betrayal as he claws his way out of his grave again. I wish she'd sent him off with a sisterly kiss, despite the atrocities he committed, that would've been an inspiring display of forgivingness

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: i dont think she was b!tch but like she said it call "tough love" on a side note do u think Zeke will become WW 1st male sidekick

I don't know but I like the idea. The baby's more powerful than Wonder Woman though

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: actually how i picture it is Zeus leave his host body cause he think it best he return to Olympus but decide to give Zeke one wish zeke wish to be a superhero like Diana Zeus say yes and boom you got wonderboy

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: actually how i picture it is Zeus leave his host body cause he think it best he return to Olympus but decide to give Zeke one wish zeke wish to be a superhero like Diana Zeus say yes and boom you got wonderboy

Or she could coach her own father for a while, I've seen that before

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I saw this issue late. Was dealing with something. That was a very good issue. Zola being Athena in disguise. I guess Athena made the ultimate sacrifice so Zola could live? I was hoping Zeke would not have been Zeus but I knew it was a possibility. For me, this last issue was very good. I guess removing the shoes, along with the bracelets, increased Wonder Woman's powers.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dmessmer

Though I've been critical of this run in the past, I thought it ended up being fantastic... until this final issue. It didn't anything to spoil what preceded it, but as a finale it was extremely anti-climactic to me. The Poseidon twist (which really caught me off guard at the end of the previous issue) gets resolved in just a few panels, then everything plays out in rushed and predictable way.

I didn't mind Diana's actions towards First Born, but I wanted a more climactic showdown after three years of waiting. The Athena thing was interesting, but we've all seen Zeke as Zeus coming for months (or years). All in all, it felt like a rush job - like they really needed another issue or two to really maneuver through everything they'd spent three years setting up.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dshipp17: Nah Athena didn't die. She just allowed the Mortal self too continue separately. Athena left in the guise of the owl. You also see he as half owl/half human in another comic.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Zeus being the baby and what happened to the minotaur was predictable but that's ok. It was a good scene especially when you could see the baby's heart breaking more and more the closer Athena came to shedding her mortal guise. Now Zola turning out to be Athena was a surprise to me but it shouldn't have been because I figured there was a reason Athena had not shown up yet.

I would like to see WW lose the tile of God of War. It just doesn't sit right with me. She doesn't need to be a god or something to worship. Too me it further separates her from the people. Half God is good enough.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:
    @superguy1591 said:

@foamborn: he's not dead, he's asleep.

Yes and he'll carry only the weight of hatred and betrayal as he claws his way out of his grave again. I wish she'd sent him off with a sisterly kiss, despite the atrocities he committed, that would've been an inspiring display of forgivingness

It's not as bad as when Superman murdered a depowered Zod by crushing is hand then pushing him off a cliff with the cold smile of a psychopath on his face.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not as bad as when Superman murdered a depowered Zod by crushing is hand then pushing him off a cliff with the cold smile of a psychopath on his face.

Yeah coincidentally I watched Superman II 4 or 5 days ago. What Wonder Woman did here was pretty bad too because she's Wonder Woman and for her to do did this to her own kin in this day and age was absolutely heartbreaking, she begged him for mercy yet was unable to show him some. Also it didn't sit right with me when she previously referred to him as "gross" which for some reason became very popular on Tumblr

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@foamborn said:

Yeah coincidentally I watched Superman II 4 or 5 days ago. What Wonder Woman did here was pretty bad too because she's Wonder Woman and for her to do did this to her own kin in this day and age was absolutely heartbreaking, she begged him for mercy yet was unable to show him some. Also it didn't sit right with me when she previously referred to him as "gross" which for some reason became very popular on Tumblr

Might I say that Diana did show him mercy by throwing him into the pit? Because the alternative was that either she, or one of the other Olympians killed him. The Abyss is just another prison, with a 7000 year sentence.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@muffin_sangria said:

It became popular because it was funny. And she was saying "gross" to the idea of entering into an incestuous relationship with her half brother, who is also a would-be universe destroying madman. It's not like she pulled some "mean girl" lunch-room shenanigans on him. I also agree with @outside_85 that it was a showing of mercy from Diana to sentence him to imprisonment rather than death. Especially when you consider his crimes, multiple murders, oath breaking ... he had vowed to leave Hades out of it ... and rampant destruction on a universal scale.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FoamBorn

@papinacho said:

@foamborn: He is gross to her, because of his attitude not his appearance. He is meant to represent the opposite to her, so of course she would find him repulsive. Also, her trapping him was an act of mercy, because she thought it was the only thing that might change him.

The thought of wedding him and having his babies is understandably repulsive to Wonder Woman, as it would've been to any other woman, but given the undeserved circumstances of his loveless and miserable existence, I think it would've been thoughtful and even clever to just hold it in. Personally, I don't see how that panel can be considered funny by anyone above the age of 10. And if Wonder Woman thinks he'll somehow learn about love and forgivingness after she sentenced him to 7000 more years of digging dirt then she's incredibly naive, he'll just return angrier and longing for revenge

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might I say that Diana did show him mercy by throwing him into the pit? Because the alternative was that either she, or one of the other Olympians killed him. The Abyss is just another prison, with a 7000 year sentence.

You reckon, I think death would've been preferable to him, you could really hear the First Born implore them not to throw him into the abyss

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FoamBorn

@foamborn: It's not about her necessarily believing he will change, it's about her having faith that it is possible. That is why it is an act of love, and why she leaves him with that parting message about submission. Her other option would have been to kill him, which would have been uncharacteristic of her (No ordinary prison can hold the First-Born).

I wrote in my previous comments that I don't condemn Wonder Woman for putting him away, I was not pleased with the way she did it, it's not like she gave him any fond memories to assuage his pain and inspire a spiritual rebirth. I felt terribly sorry for him actually that just when he thought someone would finally give him love and companionship, she pushed him down the abyss instead. You took it as though she spared his life, I personally thought she took the only option available to her.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

You reckon, I think death would've been preferable to him, you could really hear the First Born implore them not to throw him into the abyss

House arrest is more preferable to prison, but it's not within the power of the guilty found to decide on their own punishment. He didn't want to be returned to the Abyss, sucks to be him, if he hadn't killed several members of his own family and planned on killing the rest he wouldnt have ended back up there.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I thought it was an interesting way to end the run, I'm glad they didn't completely kill off First Born just sealed him away into the abyss. Wonder Woman needs more characters in her rogues gallery and Azzarello made sure he was a defining one. But yeah I kinda saw that ending coming, not the whole Athena thing (well until I read Secret Origins) but yeah I felt it was a tad bit obvious.

Avatar image for wonderfulpeople
    wonderfulpeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: i think so , the all olympian didnt wear shoe , like the old war . Ww is now the god of war which is a olympian god too , so she said she need none of the things that been blessed to defeat first born , which also mean the shoe is also a gift from maybe hermes?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Diana threw him down there because he was way too dangerous. He killed to many people destroyed to many things. Also she did show mercy by giving him more time to change his ways instead of killing him. "Tough Love" is to treat someone harshly to help them in the long run and that's exactly what she did.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@foamborn: Diana threw him down there because he was way too dangerous. He killed to many people destroyed to many things. Also she did show mercy by giving him more time to change his ways instead of killing him. "Tough Love" is to treat someone harshly to help them in the long run and that's exactly what she did.

I understand why she did it, I didn't like the way she did it though. Burying someone alive for another 7 millennia doesn't strike me as merciful and it's definitely not something that would rehabilitate a man, much less when the last thing you remember is that someone promised you the love you long for but threw you down a bottomless abyss and quipped about it.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lilben42

@foamborn:

-Think about it this way. Your a bad guy and immortal and someone has the chance to kill you or put you in jail for 100 years. If they killed you that would mean they found no hope for you and thought you would always be a problem. If they put you in jail then they are giving you a new chance to change your life and to redeem yourself. They have faith for you. That's merciful.

- "Tough Love" is to treat someone harshly to help them in the long run. Diana offered the First Born love and gave it to him just not in the way anyone expected. You still love that person but you treat them harshly because you think that's the only way to get through to them which is sometimes the case and probably is for the First Born too. Sure he could come back angry as ever but sheer has faith that through all that time he will think about what she was trying to teach him. You'd be surprised what people can do with enough time.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@foamborn:

-Think about it this way. Your a bad guy and immortal and someone has the chance to kill you or put you in jail for 100 years. If they killed you that would mean they found no hope for you and thought you would always be a problem. If they put you in jail then they are giving you a new chance to change your life and to redeem yourself. They have faith for you. That's merciful.

- "Tough Love" is to treat someone harshly to help them in the long run. Diana offered the First Born love and gave it to him just not in the way anyone expected. You still love that person but you treat them harshly because you think that's the only way to get through to them which is sometimes the case and probably is for the First Born too. Sure he could come back angry as ever but sheer has faith that through all that time he will think about what she was trying to teach him. You'd be surprised what people can do with enough time.

Death would've been preferable, he certainly thought so and being buried alive is not tantamount to going to prison, it's incomparably more cruel. The idea that such a draconian, excruciating punishment could actually replenish his sanity is beyond my comprehension. The First Born is still a complete stranger to love so how do you suppose he's going to do a 180? I get that Wonder Woman is full of faith but having faith in something so unrealistic is just foolish. Had Wonder Woman saved him from falling and taken him to Tartarus, we wouldn't be having this debate.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lilben42

@foamborn: I think you misunderstand. Diana knows it's possible that he will come back angry as ever but she hopes he won't. It doesn't matter what he wants; it matters what's best. Also the First Born didn't change or anything in the last second he just wanted to spend his time in the pit with Diana. Why would she do that? With all the vile and disgusting things he's done and said to her. If she helped him up he would continue his plan. Tartarus? Hades is dead. Remember? You want him to own the underworld?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FoamBorn

@lilben42 said:

@foamborn: I think you misunderstand. Diana knows it's possible that he will come back angry as ever but she hopes he won't. It doesn't matter what he wants; it matters what's best. Also the First Born didn't change or anything in the last second he just wanted to spend his time in the pit with Diana. Why would she do that? With all the vile and disgusting things he's done and said to her. If she helped him up he would continue his plan. Tartarus? Hades is dead. Remember? You want him to own the underworld?

Tartarus is technically not in Hades, otherwise the titans and monsters imprisoned there would've been released. We'll agree to disagree.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@lilben42 said:

Tartarus is technically not in Hades, otherwise the titans and monsters imprisoned there would've been released. We'll agree to disagree.

In classical interpretation Tartarus is just the worst corner of the realm Hades, in another corner you would have the Elysium Fields or similar. If the First Born set the Titans free by killing Hades remains to be seen since we dont actually know if they were actually imprisoned there. Nyx for instance is a deity older than the Titans and she was one of the Amazons captives.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In classical interpretation Tartarus is just the worst corner of the realm Hades, in another corner you would have the Elysium Fields or similar. If the First Born set the Titans free by killing Hades remains to be seen since we dont actually know if they were actually imprisoned there. Nyx for instance is a deity older than the Titans and she was one of the Amazons captives.

It's a pit below Hades and a prison with adamantine walls and guarded by the Hydra. Maybe it falls under Hades' jurisdiction but it's a separate place, I think. Perhaps since the First Born killed Hades he took his place as the lord of the Underworld so they couldn't keep him there, however if Wonder Woman killed him he would've lost his powers over Hell making Wonder Woman the queen of the Underworld. As such she could bring back and abdicate in favor of Hades, as well as Aleka and all the Amazons who perished.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.