Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder woman 33 your thought

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

good story fb trying make WW submit to him but she wont aleka trying to protect zola also willing to accept help from the male amazon

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ok.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall a great issue ... some good action, some insight into motivations, some foreshadowing about the end ... a few surprising absences and some intriguing reveals and changes of heart. I won't get into specifics since there's no "Spoiler Alert" in the heading :)

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"SPOILER"

Writing is great. Art is great. And oh mi lorde the story was epic.

Hated it.

WHY? Orion....

Here's the spoiler:
    DAFUQ??? WAHT THA EFF????? Listen.. I'm all in for drama.. But to have Orion die like that is just too out of place and waaaaay too WIS.

I get that charcter moments like that are big but Orion is an established character with history! He just can't DIE like that! It makes no sense and it really bad! I have defended Orion for a while but this is not a good Orion. Orion's character is just ruined at this point! What was his point? He had no point. When he arrived I get that he's still bit arrogant but after all this? After all this he is still the same! Everything building up to his character just fell to nothingness at that moment. And he's such a weakling! Gets his a$$ handed by Hera then killed off like an amateur! He is pointless! And also what happened to hsi buddy? And his Astro Force? Also where is Hera in the battle? Hera is just gone... no where to be found. Hera and Orion's buddy. The logic doesn't add up and for a big character like Orion to just go off like that is dishonorable.

And what's even worse is that the Orion part of the story just numbs out all the great things in the book. He just became pointless to the story and just made it worse. I would srsly love to see him in another book because he is a great character but he's making the series even worse! Big things happen but I felt more humiliating cus of Orion. Orion has been done injustice and Orion's part in this book has been nothing but making the book worse.

I don't get why Azz wants him in this book.

But I guess if readers don't mind or care much for Orion then it's excellent. But for someone who knows a lot about New Gods it's ridiculous. Makes what's supposed to be an excellent read become so illogical.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@juliustakalua: He's like Thor, he doesn't "die", he just doesn't stops living for a while.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5/5!

Hippolyta FTW!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By primebonnick

Aleka is dead pave way for artemis to come in the new run. Oh and all hail the queen upon her return (so i guess the theories about the kid being zeus reborn maybe right after all).

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sort of surprised everyone thinks people are dead at this point ... Aleka and Orion could still pull through ... hell Cassandra survived Demeter's venus fly trap, what a spear or horn through the gut ... okay Aleka is probably a gonner, but Orion is almost certainly going to survive his wounds.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchiZoom

Hades is without ruler and the dead are on the loose so no one is going to die, hopefully. This issue was sensational but I feel like Wonder Woman is not sensational within this sensational book. Did Zeke put Wonder Woman's soul inside her mother's statue?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: no it's just a theory i hear readers saying not sure if it real. I mean zeus had sex with a woman to give birth to himself (sounds kinda too cartoony) but hey it's comic book logic i guess.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: oh no lol i'm not sure about that but i hope so. Cause i want artemis back soon

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I want the Next round of the First Born fight already!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: Zeus also turned himself into a swan to get into a woman's pants ... Stranger things happen

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whygamespot

Love the art. Just saw Finch's drawings for the new run and that woman in the picture looked 10 years younger than the WW by Chiang. Sigh...

Bud guy proposing to WW, it happened for the second time. What a tradition. I wonder how she is going to defeat him. Through a battle to the death? Or just give him some love that pollutes FB's absolute hollowness?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: yea but he didn't impregnate her with himself lol, but as you say in mythology strange things do happen.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dafuq

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be nice if Wonder Woman didn't always have to ward off her enemies trying to marry her, but otherwise I thought this was a solid issue and a nice setup for the conclusion. It's about time Zeke and Zola actually mattered, although if we had to watch them walk around passively for 32 issues just so that the baby could use its eyes to create a Wonder Woman golem then that seems like a huge waste.

I agree with @juliustakalua that Orion felt pointless, though I've felt that way about him from the start. I wish he didn't have to be around for the ending. But with him out of commission (probably not dead) it sets up a great final fight between Wonder Woman and First Born with no interference from anyone else. It's been a long time coming, and I hope the last two issues are a huge payoff.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JuliusTakalua

@superguy1591:

Yea, FTW fo sure.

Hippolyta is one of WW's central characters and it would be weird to have her gone so early. Good to have her back!!!

Also, I felt like Orion COULD have been a great part of the story but the way things got down for him just made it all pointless. He never really changed. Orion's adventure with Diana just became pointless now. And btw Superman had zero effect on Orion when they fought. How the eff does a Minotaur thing kill him so easily?. And even if he was "killed" he would just heal the wounds cus of mother box or some New God power he has.. His character arc ended real low and that's a disappointment from Azz. Also, I never felt like I had any real connection with Aleka. She seemed like a big character for the story but I guess oh well... Gotta make room for the return of Hippolyta!

But srsly tho, Hippolyta has been missed! So glad she's back.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By whygamespot

@archizoom said:

Hades is without ruler and the dead are on the loose so no one is going to die, hopefully. This issue was sensational but I feel like Wonder Woman is not sensational within this sensational book. Did Zeke put Wonder Woman's soul inside her mother's statue?

Somehow statue WW makes me think of the clay WW. Would be interesting if it's true.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: That's what I thought. The way the scene was designed made me think Zeke might've transferred Wonder Woman's soul to Hippolyta's statue which interestingly is made of clay though Themyscira looks as though it's built from limestone but of course I could be completely wrong.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@hastalavista: That's what I thought. The way the scene was designed made me think Zeke might've transferred Wonder Woman's soul to Hippolyta's statue which interestingly is made of clay though Themyscira looks as though it's built from limestone but of course I could be completely wrong.

On the other hand, Hera couldn't restore Hippolyta for some reason, assuming she was being honest about her efforts. Which begs the question; who was holding her back? Who could hold her back?

I don't think Zeus/Zeke has stuffed Diana into her mothers body, the body might be clay, but I think it is still Hippolyta that's inside of it. (Also hinted at because the statue doesn't identify herself).

Diana on the other hand, is still on Olympus, with only 1 other Olympian: Strife. Oddball chance: this is the moment Athena reveals herself.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

On the other hand, Hera couldn't restore Hippolyta for some reason, assuming she was being honest about her efforts. Which begs the question; who was holding her back? Who could hold her back?

I don't think Zeus/Zeke has stuffed Diana into her mothers body, the body might be clay, but I think it is still Hippolyta that's inside of it. (Also hinted at because the statue doesn't identify herself).

Diana on the other hand, is still on Olympus, with only 1 other Olympian: Strife. Oddball chance: this is the moment Athena reveals herself.

Zeke ( Zeus ) was so that Wonder Woman would lead the Amazons to war. He didn't return Hippolyta to the living, as far as I can tell she still looks like a statue but an animated one, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Strife was rejected so she's not necessarily in Olympus and Hera was nowhere to be seen during the invasion so perhaps they're in league with each other or maybe they'll square up against each other...

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

I agree with you ... I think it's still Hippolyta in that body ... but I love the irony of her essentially be re-born of clay (regardless of which soul is in the body). Zeus/Zeke and Poseidon are the only two who would be both powerful enough to hold Hera back, and have any level of interest in doing so ... FB probably could have as well, but not sure he would even know enough about Hippolyta to try.

I am itching to know what Strife is up to since her little chat with FB about marrying Diana and I think Athena will likely make an appearance at some stage ... they foreshadowed it a little in #0 when they showed the owl observing Diana and Ares ... seems like Azzarello wanted Athena included in his run, but maybe that was just a random owl :)

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG!!!

Facebook is the main antagonist???!!!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: it makes you think of her because that was Hera's plan, Hippolyta said that Diana was made of clay and Hera wanted to punish her for her lies. So she went with the poetic form of punishment by turning Hippolyta into clay.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I thought it was Diana in the clay body because Chiang made it clear that Wonder Woman's blood is trickling into the pool of blood on Mt. Olympus. First Born, the Minotaur, and Cassandra all "teleported" to the battle by going into that pool, so I assume Diana's blood has been similarly "teleported." My assumption was that, without a body to hold the blood it went into the statue. I could, of course, be wrong - we'll find out in a month or two.

On a slightly different note, it's weird to read this knowing that Finch is about to take over. The stakes here are so high, yet we know Finch is going to go in a completely new direction. I hope Azzarello doesn't have to pull back from his intentions to give Finch an entry point, that would be a huge disappointment.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer said:

I guess I thought it was Diana in the clay body because Chiang made it clear that Wonder Woman's blood is trickling into the pool of blood on Mt. Olympus. First Born, the Minotaur, and Cassandra all "teleported" to the battle by going into that pool, so I assume Diana's blood has been similarly "teleported." My assumption was that, without a body to hold the blood it went into the statue. I could, of course, be wrong - we'll find out in a month or two.

On a slightly different note, it's weird to read this knowing that Finch is about to take over. The stakes here are so high, yet we know Finch is going to go in a completely new direction. I hope Azzarello doesn't have to pull back from his intentions to give Finch an entry point, that would be a huge disappointment.

IDK if Finch is going in a "completely new direction" from what I've read they've acknowledged that there is still stuff to deal with from the Azzarello run ... sounds like they are going to keep the story he told intact and just try to move forward by bringing the book more into the main universe. Maybe I've missed some interview where they say they plan on taking her in a whole new direction?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Maybe I've missed some interview where they say they plan on taking her in a whole new direction?

The lines about making the book about Diana's relationships with everyone but the gods?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Maybe I've missed some interview where they say they plan on taking her in a whole new direction?

The lines about making the book about Diana's relationships with everyone but the gods?

that I've read ... I'm just not sure how that means they are changing any of the continuity Azzarello's run built. Having her interact with wider DC universe isn't the same thing as changing up everything that's already been written. Supporting cast can be fluid without causing massive upheaval.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I didn't mean "new direction" in the sense of retconning or anything, just that they (the Finches) seem to want to leave the mythology behind in favor of more interaction with the DCU. Given where Azzarello seems to be leaving the story, it seems to me that that's going to be a tough transition to do gracefully.

I have a hard time imagining a scenario in which the Amazons have just been through an epic and traumatic war, Diana has become the God of War and nearly died at the hands of First Born, Zeke and Zola have... whatever happens to them, and the Greek Gods resolve their massive conflict, only for Diana to say, "Cool, glad that's dealt with. Now you all have fun rebuilding while I hang out with the Justice League." It's a pretty massive tonal shift that would be hard for even a great and experienced writer to pull off and, as we know, Mrs. Finch is anything but.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: it makes you think of her because that was Hera's plan, Hippolyta said that Diana was made of clay and Hera wanted to punish her for her lies. So she went with the poetic form of punishment by turning Hippolyta into clay.

Actually I was referring to WW being in the clay statue :)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: yeah WW being in that statue is just a speculation that people (including me) find interesting.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By dshipp17

That was a great issue. First Born gets ruthless, when he's turned down. One issue where the plot did not save the hero at the last minute. We learned something about Wonder Woman's character, but First Born is kind of in a league of his own.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who don't want Zeke to be Zeus?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer said:

@csg_cl: I didn't mean "new direction" in the sense of retconning or anything, just that they (the Finches) seem to want to leave the mythology behind in favor of more interaction with the DCU. Given where Azzarello seems to be leaving the story, it seems to me that that's going to be a tough transition to do gracefully.

I have a hard time imagining a scenario in which the Amazons have just been through an epic and traumatic war, Diana has become the God of War and nearly died at the hands of First Born, Zeke and Zola have... whatever happens to them, and the Greek Gods resolve their massive conflict, only for Diana to say, "Cool, glad that's dealt with. Now you all have fun rebuilding while I hang out with the Justice League." It's a pretty massive tonal shift that would be hard for even a great and experienced writer to pull off and, as we know, Mrs. Finch is anything but.

LOL ... fair enough ... I thought you were saying they were going to retcon her!

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

I def don't want "Artemis" to come back! I think she was a fluke. Aleka is based on an original Amazon created by Marston back in the golden age, that didn't have a name at the time. She was the big amazon that got whupped in competition by Diana.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin said:

@primebonnick:

I def don't want "Artemis" to come back! I think she was a fluke. Aleka is based on an original Amazon created by Marston back in the golden age, that didn't have a name at the time. She was the big amazon that got whupped in competition by Diana.

Which is also what Artemis was based on. Every incanation of Diana has had a redheaded rival within Themyscira's borders.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who don't want Zeke to be Zeus?

no you are not

@natvin said:

@primebonnick:

why not artemis is awesome. Heck she was even wonder woman for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.