Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WONDER WOMAN #30 your thoughts

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone went o shit with fb and hell at the end.Sea was right heaven isnt heaven no more.The amazon talking about there situation was pretty interesting to see.Wonder woman making amazon zeke mother was interesting and odd lol

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..hmm, flicked through this issue today, as I thought a bit of a fill in, lacking in the action department, but some interesting stuff in it, as always..

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: well there isn't going to be action till way later

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By dshipp17

First Born at it again, that's this issue.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman is trying to make changes on Paradise Island.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Superguy1591

Loved it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Azz said Orion will be back so I'm thinking obviously Wonder Woman's gonna win this fight but she won't beat the First Born on her own which is a shame. By my calculation, in the nu52 Wonder lost 17 times and won 3 battles all of which against Women. Her success ratio stands at 15%, her success ratio against male adversaries is 0%.

She shouldn't be able to beat him on his own now that he holds the throne. Then again he shouldn't have beaten Apollo when he had it.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchiZoom

@dernman: being King made him more powerful? So Wonder Woman will end a 3-year run without accomplishing anything big on her own. Azzarello "promised" to put Wonder Woman "up there" but so far all he's done was shrink her intelligence and place her behind her brothers in the chain of might.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: being King made him more powerful? So Wonder Woman will end a 3-year run without accomplishing anything big on her own. Azzarello "promised" to put Wonder Woman "up there" but so far all he's done was shrink her intelligence and place her behind her brothers in the chain of might.

Being the king of the gods has majority been shown to have more power. The throne is even emphasized to some extent in Azzes work when bonded to it.

Taking in consideration the things going on I don't see that as a problem.

No he hasn't lowered her intelligence.

Not all of them and for the others who are how is that a problem?

Gods > half god

Antagonist > Protagonist most of the time to give them something to overcome.

Otherwise it's boring.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchiZoom

@dernman: really? she seems as smart as a 10 year old to me and Wonder Woman beat a full blooded god, her sister Artemis. Villains are exceedingly powerful so Heroes seem fabulously glorious once they overcome them but Wonder Woman never will and there lies the problem. She basically marshalled an army of powerful allies and together they will defeat her enemy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dernman

@archizoom said:

@dernman: really? she seems as smart as 10 year old to me and Wonder Woman beat a full blooded god, her sister Artemis. Villains are exceedingly powerful so Heroes seem fabulously glorious once they overcome them but Wonder Woman never will and there lies the problem. She basically marshalled an army of powerful allies and together they will defeat her enemy.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there.

So? and who is to say I agreed with that?

Yes but there are many ways to do so. It doesn't mean she has to be stronger do it on her own. Like Darkseid to Superman. I can consider Darkseid among Superman's rogues but I believe should generally take the entire league to defeat. In fact I wouldn't mind them making some more of them more powerful depending on who they are.

I don't see that as a bad thing considering who her antagonists are..

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hmm I dunno if I liked how she dealt with the amazons after learning of their rape and manslaughter or how she actually forced Hermes and Dyonisius to leave.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: i think she rather ask hippolyta about the raid since she order them

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArchiZoom

@dernman: Superman's got 6 or 7 solo books where every month he achieves all sorts of extraordinary things, he's glorified to the absolute extreme in Justice League comics and novels, he built a replica of the freaking miracle machine after glimpsing at the prototype, learnt brain surgery in 10 minutes, Superman's the guy who can change the world so Superman can afford to share the spotlight with the Justice League once in a while. Wonder Woman on the other hand is always chopped liver next to Superman she's pretty much doomed to play second string so at least in her eponymous book, the only one she's got, I would very much love to see Wonder Woman excel and finally shine on her own.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: Superman's got 6 or 7 solo books where every month he achieves all sorts of extraordinary things, he's glorified to the absolute extreme in Justice League comics and novels,he built a replica of the freaking miracle machine after glimpsing at the prototype, learnt brain surgery in 10 minutes, Superman's the guy who can change the world so Superman can afford to share the spotlight with the Justice League once in a while. Wonder Woman on the other hand is always chopped liver next to Superman she's pretty much doomed to play second string so at least in her eponymous book, the only one she's got, I would very much love to see Wonder Woman excel and finally shine on her own.

Can you sound anymore jealous and bitter? Maybe if people were more interested in Wonder Woman she would have more books and be proven to support that much. Yet the years of doing it your way suggest other otherwise. Superman has those books because he does. Batman gets even more because he's more liked and been proven a better commodity then both of them. Which is why he gets fan service and books. Also lets be honest here a good portion of why Superman is held to the top in story is because that is part of his character theme. To be the ultimate which is separate issue from why he gets more books.

I've also applied some of those complaints you had for WW to SUperman.

Those antagonist being more powerful than her. Those same ones I would say should be more powerful than Superman.

Her having help to defeating them. I say Superman would be pretty stupid if he didn't get help.

I forget were there more?

I guess what matters to you is fan service and feats over story because if you're honest she isn't being downplayed.

I get you prefer the old WW to the new. I get that you want the old one back. I'll even say you're entitled not liking the story but the claims you're making about the new 52 character, the story are way off base and it just comes off as bitter.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

@archizoom: The only point I made is that I'd like Wonder Woman to beat FB on her own, how's that baseless.

I said off base not baseless.

So you didn't claim she was reduced in intelligence? :/

Claim there was something wrong with a half god being behind full gods and antagonists.

Unless you can prove Wonder Woman's achieved something on her own since the relaunch I ask you to hold back those insults.

I didn't give you an insult. I said you come off and sound bitter.

You have yet to prove there is something wrong with her needing help.

I ask you not to try to claim that those non insults was only directed at that.

And of course I resent the shit they're doing to Wonder Woman in the nu52 lol

Doesn't make WW bad or or give credibility to false claims either.

They should try do the same to Superman, you and your trade would spazz out and die within a month

Right because Superman fans haven't already dealt with the many changes to his universe he's already gone through. :/

I'm sure you would just love john byrne who I actually did like.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: She's more powerful than her sister Artemis who's a full-blooded goddess and Zola's baby is half human but very powerful nonetheless.

Right because Superman fans haven't already dealt with the many changes to his universe he's already gone through. :/

I'm not talking about the changes Azzarello's done to Wonder Woman's mythos, I like them. I'm talking about Wonder Woman's characterization across the board. There's not one satisfyingly awesome WW in the nu52.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dernman

@archizoom: She's more powerful than her sister Artemis who's a full-blooded goddess and Zola's baby is half human but very powerful nonetheless.

That would be a problem that WW is more powerful than Artemis and not a problem of her brothers being more powerful. You can't judge Zola's baby at this point in time. He's had little to no showings.

I'm talking about Wonder Woman's characterization across the board.

Same thing happened to happened to Superman. He changed from a social crusader, to alien god, to rah rah America, to very humanized, to world protector, to social crusader again, to some combination of them all. Superman has become schizo. We all have our favorite versions doesn't make the others bad.

Though this isn't about versions.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked this issue but when I said I wanted to see Hell vs. FB, I wanted it to be epic, not like how it ended.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Haven't read it yet. Sorry ; (

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wonder Woman isn't the only character whose transition in the New 52 world has polarised opinion, I agree with @dernman about Superman. He seems to have gone through multiple personalities. Personally I don't like the New 52 Superman as much as the pre 52 one, the opening scene in the first JL book for example where he blindly smashed into Hal Jordan was one of the most "un-superman" like acts of recklessness I have seen.....Green Lantern has been badly nerfed in the New 52 universe getting butt kicked by Wonder Woman and Superman and others...New 52 Flash has only shown glimpses of pre New 52 feats by Barry and Wally.

I guess you just cant please all the people all the time and Wonder Woman's problem is that the character just doesn't sell enough comics. Blame DC for allowing the character to fade in the public consciousness whilst churning out endless Batman and Superman films to battle the seemingly endless round of Marvel films...

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ArchiZoom

People think Zeke is Zeus reborn. Zeus would've done this to cheat the prophecy where FB kills and usurps his father. Note that the baby was born exactly on the same day the prodigal son returned and has luminous blue eyes like Zeus'. Zeus had been missing for an undetermined amount of time before the birth, he was in Zola's womb. Baby Zeus could be blocking Hera's attempt to resuscitate Hypolita so Wonder Woman leads the Amazons into this War. He can't personally fight FB because the prophecy predicted that he'd lose and die but once Diana and the Amazons eliminate him he can safely reclaim the throne.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.