wonder woman 23 thoughts?

• 75 results
#51 Posted by prettywonderboy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

@prettywonderboy: Exactly. She's taking on a massive burden that she doesn't really want (since she is a messenger for peace) in order to prevent Firstborn from gaining power. What could be more heroic than that? And, with the same spear thrust that she takes on that burden, she also defeats Firstborn. Sounds like quite the feat to me.

I'm intrigued by the notion of Wonder Woman as the Goddess of War. Maybe Azzarello will botch it and the next few issues will be terrible, but the premise is certainly interesting and the very notion that being the Goddess of War is contradictory to Wonder Woman's nature is what makes it compelling. Conflict is the foundation of good storytelling and having a pacifist take on the mantle of Goddess of War is about as conflicted as you can get.

glad to see that im on the same page with some people who truly understand the story :)

#52 Posted by Bruxae (12642 posts) - - Show Bio

Im glad this arc is starting to get wrapped up since its been way to long and I was starting to get a bit bored, about the god of war bit - am I the only one who felt like Apollo aproaching the first born in the end hinted at that he was going to somehow make HIM the god of war, since WW spared him? Thus creating the next "Ares" villain.

#53 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: i know right batman and superman would nvr kill.. oh wait they did kill in the golden age where they use to kill a lot

@sinisteri: i see there no point of discussing this further with you so let just agree to disagree Ty for your thoughts

you better go by azz'r run,it's a flop and they will kick him out soon,i can't wait to see a new writter that can bring the true wonder woman back.

#54 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: lol how long have you been saying they dc will kick out azz cause WW is flop and it hasn't happen yet beside this is proly Azz last year

#55 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: lol how long have you been saying they dc will kick out azz cause WW is flop and it hasn't happen yet beside this is proly Azz last year

wonder woman has had better sales,he is the oner to blame for her lower sales,the same story has been going on for too long and she is weak,the lack of action and an interesting story are affecting the title.

#56 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: so im right that no matter how much you scream dc wont listen beside like i said this is azz last year

#57 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: and? what are saying what said is that no matter how you scream dc wont listen beside like i said this is azz last year

DC listens,if this is AZZ's last year then they obiously listen.

#58 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: no they didn't azz had 3 year plan with character that all

#59 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: no they didn't azz had 3 year plan with character that all

well i don't care as long as he leaves and we get the true wonder woman back.

#60 Edited by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

The option to kill is never one taken lightly by a hero nor is it a corner a writer places an iconic hero without a choice or Batman and Superman would have killed a long time ago. This is not Ares'a book so the journey is not about what he would want, but I understand die hard fans of the new 52 WW failing to recognize who the true protagonist of the book is and getting off track on which character's desires and wishes you are following.

Rationalize all you like, WW killed an ally by stabbing them in the back.

This WW has lacked consistent compassion and truth from the start.

We read the same book. If you disagree with my take, I can respect that. To say I don't get your logic cause I am not drinking the your favorite Kool aid of crappy writing is insulting. But, we will live.

This character depicted under the name of WW has no honor or virtue. Being a hero is never about making the easy choice, and a true hero can defeat a powerful foe even one fueled by the added power of a war god. The foe being omni powerful should never change the core of Supes, Bats or WW. That's why two out of three have not killed in this way before. Two of the three are more respected behind the scenes.

#61 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinisteri:it seems that azzarello is leaving at the end of this year,so i'm happy,i hope the next writter can fix all the damage that azzarello caused.

#62 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope things get better for wonder woman.

#63 Edited by dmessmer (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: It's rare for any writer to be on a title for more than a couple years, so he'll probably be gone soon, but not because of fan complaints. Wonder Woman has gotten very positive reviews from critics, and the sales haven't been awful - not as high as some runs in the past, but not terrible either.

Overall I think Azzarello's been a mixed bag. I certainly wouldn't put him in the upper echelon with Perez, Rucka, and Simone, but there have also certainly been worse Wonder Woman writers. My biggest concern, actually, is that the state of things that Azzarello is leaving for the next writer is a complicated one that could implode without a clear vision. Unless he does something to wipe the slate at least a little clean, he's giving the next writer a tough task.

#64 Posted by PowerWoman (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:which writter would you like for wonder woman after azzarello leaves?.

#66 Edited by PowerWoman (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:it can't be any,it has to be a good writter that creates a good story and can develop good action.

#68 Posted by dmessmer (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: All comics sell better right after a reboot. I never said his sales were amazing, just that they could be a lot worse.

#69 Posted by Outside_85 (8147 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer: azzarello's wonder woman,Eh

Funny thing is that if you blot out the names and figures, you have a graph for nearly every DC book.

#70 Edited by dmessmer (362 posts) - - Show Bio

There was actually really interesting article on DC's sales figures (read the whole thing here: http://comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-month-to-month-sales-july-2013-the-ring-bling/). Here is what it said about Wonder Woman:

"63 - WONDER WOMAN 07/2003: Wonder Woman #194 -- 25,347 07/2008: Wonder Woman #22 -- 36,514 07/2009: Wonder Woman #34 -- 30,131 07/2010: Wonder Woman #601 -- 39,672 07/2011: Wonder Woman #613 -- 29,720 ------------------------------------- 07/2012: Wonder Woman #11 -- 45,669 (- 3.3%) 08/2012: Wonder Woman #12 -- 44,584 (- 2.4%) 09/2012: Wonder Woman #0 -- 49,778 (+ 11.7%) 10/2012: Wonder Woman #13 -- 43,731 (- 12.2%) 11/2012: Wonder Woman #14 -- 42,384 (- 3.1%) 12/2012: Wonder Woman #15 -- 41,641 (- 1.8%) 01/2013: Wonder Woman #16 -- 40,105 (- 3.7%) 02/2013: Wonder Woman #17 -- 39,110 (- 2.5%) 03/2013: Wonder Woman #18 -- 38,406 (- 1.8%) 04/2013: Wonder Woman #19 -- 46,492 (+ 21.1%) 05/2013: Wonder Woman #20 -- 37,132 (- 20.1%) 06/2013: Wonder Woman #21 -- 35,999 (- 3.1%) 07/2013: Wonder Woman #22 -- 35,539 (- 1.3%) ----------------- 6 months: - 11.4% 1 year : - 22.2% 2 years : + 19.6% 5 years : - 2.7% 10 years: + 40.2%

Levelling out around 35K — a solid level, historically."

So, no, it's not the best Wonder Woman has ever sold, but it is doing quite well. If Azzarello does leave the book any time soon it'll be for reasons other than sales or the outrage of a few fans.

#71 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer: yup pretty much when azzarello does leave the book any time soon it'll be for reasons other than sales or the outrage of a few fans.

@outside_85: me think another renumbering will happen after forever evil

#72 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Goddess of War?

Hmm.

**pushes up Wonder Woman's book to be caught up on**

#73 Edited by Outside_85 (8147 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Well, there are other books I think deserve an overhaul much more than Wonder Woman. (Looking at you Teen Titans!)

#74 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: *sniff sniff* o teen titan how much i want to like it DAM YOU LOBDELL DAM YOU lol still like his red hood but still think starfire didn't fit in that group

@lykopis: lol you got 2 month i step on it if i were you lol jk

#75 Posted by Outside_85 (8147 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Still find it weird that out of his three wave 1 books, the one he is getting the most flack from, is the only one he's stuck with. Better he left TT and went on with RHAO... plus, at this point, I am wondering how Raven would have been on that team (which was the initial idea, whence why Essence and the All-Chaste had Azar/Trigon connections).

#76 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: *sniff sniff* o teen titan how much i want to like it DAM YOU LOBDELL DAM YOU lol still like his red hood but still think starfire didn't fit in that group

@lykopis: lol you got 2 month i step on it if i were you lol jk

Seriously though -- I am so behind! I am going through it now. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.