#1 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is the original artwork by Cliff Chiang 

#3 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

wait.... Where are the pants!!!!!
#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Precise: They removed them.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

Can they make up their damn minds about the pants please?

#6 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

If you click on the link, Cliff Chiang states that the pants are actually retractable.

#7 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow:  ..... that's just weird. I mean i believe you. But retractable pants is just a terrible concept..

@Final Arrow said:

@Precise: They removed them.

The comment i could make is too easy :P 

#8 Edited by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Another image...      

To all the Classic Fans, don't worry...at least she sleeps without pants :P      
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow said:
If you click on the link, Cliff Chiang states that the pants are actually retractable.
That's kind of ridiculous. 
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

It says the pants may be retractable, unless I"m missing additional info?

#11 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Atleast she does not look like an American Flag anymore. That was my biggest issue. I REALLY prefer the trousers but I think that is a no win situation for now. 

I really want to see how they pull of the pants being retractable and the reason for it.... 

ok I was angry when I read they are retractable at first but I am going to take my own and advice and see how the whole thing actually works before I judge. Even if it does sound really silly now.

#13 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks pretty good.  Not to worried about the pants though.  

#14 Posted by SC (13148 posts) - - Show Bio

I just took it as a joke about the retractable thing. If its reality? Then awesome. Now they just need to invent it in real life!!!!!!! 

#15 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Retractable pants??!!?? WTF lmao. It must be a new addition to the Amazonian summer wear line of clothing. *face palm*

#16 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

that seems like a weird comment but maybe he was refering to the fact that the character could be written with or without pants as the writer and artist saw it for that story. Maybe. 

my big thing about this debate is that at the core of her character Wonder Woman (and all Amazons) are trained warriors. The appeal of seeing scantly clad women aside (which I've never really understood in comics or video games.....I mean, they aren't real so why do they have to be completely out of proportion and scantly clad???) nobody that is trained to fight is going to actually do so in a bikini bottom. So if DC is really trying to put a modern, realistic spin on its characters than Wonder Woman having pants (or at least biker shorts) is a must and just makes sense.
#17 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Batcrow said:

That's kind of ridiculous. 
No, it's VERY ridiculous. "Retractable?" How does that even work? They can't just say "she alternates?" Are the pants like, snap-off warmups or do they roll up somewhere? 

This is stupid. I would rather they give her only one pant leg than this.
#18 Posted by Chesapeake (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Change. She is better without pant to punish some bad guys....
#19 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

So judging by the first page WW is taking a pantless centric direction wich involve all the females characters in the serie? ... yes I got that with only three panels.

#20 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow: Why the hell would the pants be retractable, what kind of BS is that ?!!
#21 Posted by MrDirector786 (43583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow said:
That actually does explain the design on the pants. If you look closely, you can see lines on her pants which imply that her pants could retract and turn into shorts.

#22 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

are retractable pants any more absurd than a suit in a ring? I mean really, it's not a big deal.

but I do like the shorts better. (But I'm a guy, so my gender may be working against my better judgment here)

#23 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, over here, the pants really do look retractable. But sometimes I feel like Chiang was joking, though it isn't likely.
#24 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'll pass of the reboot.

#25 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Well, here's an other image to help you in your "judgement" xD :P  /sarcasm 

#26 Posted by MrDirector786 (43583 posts) - - Show Bio

I might pick up the reboot based off of the reviews it gets. If it generally receives positive feedback, I'll pick it up. Otherwise I'll leave it.

#27 Posted by Celineness (134 posts) - - Show Bio

For me this means I can now start buying my favourite comic again, because it now once again features my favourite character.

Always hated the JMS elseworlds nonsense, haven't bought an issue since it started. If WW is now wearing a costume which incorporates occasionally-appearing pants, which don't appear more than once every 2-3 issues for a couple of panels, then I'm happy.

She really should go back to red boots though.

p.s. did anyone else notice the fake Wonder-Woman appearing in the latest JLA?

#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Pants..or no pants?

#29 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

oh COME ON! just give her freakin' non retractable pants and stick with them!

#30 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe i'm biased just cause I love Cliff Chiang, but the art is absolutley gorgeous. And I like the costume without the pants. Looks more iconic. But I don't mind the pants, just like the shorts better.
#31 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@harleyquinn12 said:
Maybe i'm biased just cause I love Cliff Chiang, but the art is absolutley gorgeous. And I like the costume without the pants. Looks more iconic. But I don't mind the pants, just like the shorts better.
May I ask if you like gold or silver on the costume, and why?
#32 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow
While I'm all for bringing back the old costume, I would prefer they just stick with bhe silver because it works well with the other colors in the book.
#33 Edited by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this sucks. At first when people noticed the return of the hot pants in the DCnU preview I thought that was just DC's clever way of gauging fans reactions, weather they wanted the pants back or not. Either that or it was just a mistake...which does sound rediculous. 

But as a combination (of sorts) of her original and odyssey costumes there were some bad decisions made here imho. The hot pants do not work with this outfit and whats worse, she has heals on her shoes??????
Never saw high heals on her original costume (in current books anyway) or the odyssey costume (shorter heals at the most)

#34 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Why does it matter if she wore pants or not.

They should just publish a variant of the same comic with the same comic with her pants on so you guys would stop bitching.

#35 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

omg really
#36 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not be surprised to find out he was just joking about the retractable pants deal. But seriously, what is the big deal about that anyway? Witchblade's entire armor was retractable and maybe that is all the pants are, just an armor that provide more protection. Perhaps similar to Major Don West in the 1998 Lost In Space movie. 

No need to get your panties in a twist people.

#37 Posted by Samimista (20750 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art in the first issue looks pretty.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.