With Wonder Woman replacing Lois..

• 102 results
Posted by darkman61288 (777 posts) - - Show Bio

You know how Lois is almost always killed off in alternate reality stories like Kingdom Come and Injustice, and then at the end Supes and WW hookup? Well with Wonder Woman now Supes love interest, will DC start doing the opposite? Have WW die in the beginning of the story and then Supes and Lois marrying and having kids. I think that is a sign that a female character has made it as a love interest for Superman. You know they fridge you.

#1 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see a story where Superman is killed and WW marries some other guy and have kids with him.

#2 Posted by dmessmer (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I'd like to see a story where Superman is killed and WW marries some other guy and have kids with him.

That's an awesome idea!

#3 Posted by RDClip (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

I always got the impression that Lois is killed off and Supes hooks up with Wondy because Clark and Diana are immortal. So even if Lois isn't murdered she's gonna buy it somehow and Clark will get lonely.

#4 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Lois is dies

Happy

#5 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

With sugar replacing Wonder Woman fans' brains......

#6 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Lois is dies

Happy

Yep, I hope they kill Lois off in the New 52. Since its established they can have a child, maybe, in a moment of weakness Supes and Lois conceive a child and she dies giving birth. That could be dramatic.

#7 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

People who want Lois dead are known to share similar physical traits, mostly resembling this

#8 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

Lois is dies

Happy

Yep, I hope they kill Lois off in the New 52. Since its established they can have a child, maybe, in a moment of weakness Supes and Lois conceive a child and she dies giving birth. That could be dramatic.

Agree.New 52 lois..i dont like her,she personality,like this

#9 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@powerwoman said:

Lois is dies

Happy

Agree.New 52 lois..i dont like her,she personality,like this

She makes Clark act the fool. Im over it. He deserves somebody like Diana, and she deserves an equal as well.

#10 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Yes,when lois says"go to bed" that just beyond me...that why i'm like S/W,that much better than Superman/Lois, unless lois get restart,if not,I'm hate her

yes,she must be dies in new 52

#11 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Lois needs to die? She's not even dating Superman, she's not infatuated with Clark, its Clark who's infatuated with her, so maybe Clark should die.

#12 Edited by BeautifulTemptress (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: They can't kill her.If they kill her, then this will negatively affect the sales of comics.Because Lois has a lot more fans.

Why did you decide that Lois has no feelings for Clark?As a famous proverb says: "From friendship to love one step."

#13 Posted by Supegirl (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: They can't kill her.If they kill her, then this will negatively affect the sales of comics.Because Lois has a lot more fans.

Why did you decide that Lois has no feelings for Clark?As a famous proverb says: "From friendship to love one step."

Totally agree.

Lois beginning jealous Superman to Wonder Woman.

#14 Posted by KillerFrost (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifultemptress: There is another expression is similar to this:"From love to hate one step." But it is more suitable for a pair of Superman and Wonder Woman.

#15 Posted by darkman61288 (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerfrost: True, how bad do you you think the breakup will be?

#16 Posted by thespideyguy (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

How about one where superman finds Lois in a fridge.

#17 Posted by Superwondy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if they decide to kill Lois, it won't last long.I do not doubt that the after death of Lois,Superman understand what he's in love with her.

"Superman Unchained" sells better than other Superman titles it clearly tells is what people want to see.

#18 Posted by KillerFrost (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: That relationship is doomed to failure and hardly anyone will doubt. Geoff Johns said that these relations will end badly.

#20 Edited by BeautifulTemptress (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@superwondy: I agree.One of the reasons why Smallville Season 11 more popular than all other comics in the "New 52" with the participation of Superman, because in the comic Lois plays a considerable role and this attracts the attention of her fans.

#21 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

well,lois fans just too many,if s/w relationship is doomed to failure,that because lois fans

#22 Posted by Supegirl (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike Kingdom Come, in "Injustice: Gods among us" Superman was not in a romantic relationship with Diana and in the game he virtually ignored her.He even contemplates on the idea of another Lois living in the home dimension of the duplicates and by the end of the game, has become so obsessed with having her by his side again, he plans to kill his doppelganger and bring his Lois to his world.

#23 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no replacing anyone -- if anything, Superman should be dating other people and not just these two.

And it's Clark infatuated (or was) with Lois. How that makes her a b*tch, I don't get.

#24 Posted by BlackRaven (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@supegirl said:

@beautifultemptress said:

Totally agree.

Interestingly, heard Clark these declarations of love? Words that said Lois clear gives to understand feelings of Clark is not unreciprocated.

#25 Posted by Akindoodle (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@supegirl said:

@beautifultemptress said:

Totally agree.

Interestingly, heard Clark these declarations of love? Words that said Lois clear gives to understand feelings of Clark is not unreciprocated.

B-but, I don't get it..... I thought in the N52 she didn't know he was Superman yet. The above picture simply shows she's got a celeb crush on Superman as most women seem to have and not feelings for Clark. In her head Superman does not yet equal Clark Kent. So even if CLARK heard them, it means she likes SUPERMAN. Does that make sense?

#26 Posted by BeautifulTemptress (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: She doesn't know that her best friend and Superman one person. I think Clark wishes that Lois would know his secret.

#27 Posted by Superwondy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifultemptress: Apparently, the scene in which his beloved woman appeared in a suit Wonder Woman do not go out of his head.

#28 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

There is no replacing anyone -- if anything, Superman should be dating other people and not just these two.

And it's Clark infatuated (or was) with Lois. How that makes her a b*tch, I don't get.

I don't mind Superman dating WW but saying Lois should die just because Clark has feelings for her and its getting in way of they're favorite relationship is a very stupid reason.

#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

People are idiots.

Superman has dated other people, it always comes back to Lois because it's freaking Lois and Clark; the greatest couple in comicdom. Splitting them up just doesn't work and is ultimately pointless, they're still going to end up together.

Batman and Wonder Woman is much better (as you've seen)

#31 Edited by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I would totally read a Lois Lane solo title. She could be a street level hero if not a "superhero".

#32 Edited by darkman61288 (777 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wonder Women is temporary, DC wanted to try it out, it didn't work so they will dump it again!

@rustyroy said:

Why does Lois needs to die? She's not even dating Superman, she's not infatuated with Clark, its Clark who's infatuated with her, so maybe Clark should die.

I vote for this idea!

Then we can turn all of Superman's titles into another Lantern title and call him the Black Lantern...

#34 Posted by Superwondy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: What here to not understand? Although this was a hallucination created Hector Hammond, but the image that he created - is what the wants of Superman.

I assume that something already between them was.

#35 Edited by Supegirl (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Why did you decide to take a page from a comic book, which came out two years ago?

#36 Posted by Avenger85 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

N52 Lois needs to die. She sucks in this series. S/WW couple is just perfect. Superman & Wonder Woman are good for EACH OTHER, even if they appear boring to readers. And while theyre bashing skulls and kicking ass as usual, this relationship looks alot more stable & long-lasting than Superman & Lois.

#37 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Because she isnt a real person, she is a supporting cast member for Superman, and she is currently hurting his whole mythos. She is awful.

#38 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

N52 Lois needs to die. She sucks in this series. S/WW couple is just perfect. Superman & Wonder Woman are good for EACH OTHER, even if they appear boring to readers. And while theyre bashing skulls and kicking ass as usual, this relationship looks alot more stable & long-lasting than Superman & Lois.

Explain why Lois needs to die.

#39 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: then Parry White, Jimmy and every Superman supporting characters should die too, right?

#40 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deaditegonzo: then Parry White, Jimmy and every Superman supporting characters should die too, right?

No, because theyre helping the mythos. Dont pretend to have missed that part of my point.

#41 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: No she's not, if anything its the writer who's hurting his mythos, anyone who actually knows Superman knows Lois too, that's how important she is to Superman, in fact I'd say she has been more important for Superman then Alfred is for Batman and that's saying something. and what does Perry or Olsen or any other Superman supporting cast helps Superman's mythos with? And what exactly WW has done for the Superman mythos?

#42 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deaditegonzo: No she's not, if anything its the writer who's hurting his mythos, anyone who actually knows Superman knows Lois too, that's how important she is to Superman, in fact I'd say she has been more important for Superman then Alfred is for Batman and that's saying something. and what does Perry or Olsen or any other Superman supporting cast helps Superman's mythos with? And what exactly WW has done for the Superman mythos?

That discussion is way to meta to "debate". For example, I think the Wonder Woman relationship has been written poorly (mainly because none of the writers are even USING IT) so far, but it has incredible potential to add to Superman's story. It could be argued that Lois could be written better as well, to be an asset to Superman, however I want her gone as a whole regardless of the quality of how she is written, because 1) its based on a concept that was creative when women werent commonly shown to be dominant like her, but is now unecessary 2) whats the point of rebooting the universe just to maintain the status quo 3) even written well, she would still seem to be shallow 4) it seems unrealistic and uncomfortable in a more modern setting for Superman to be so obsessed with someone; and the list goes on and on for me.

Also, I dont see them as all that compatible. Its as I said before, Supes and WW have a magnificent compatibility.

Perry and Jimmy build Superman's day to day world, if Lois could be used sparingly in the same way, perhaps as a rival, or as a professional Supes admires, but of course as a friend, id be fine having her live on. But writers seem incapable of ignoring history and moving on.

Since Batman seems to be your favourite character, how would you like if a lot of potential Batman's stories or mythos was restricted to squeeze in a side character?

#43 Posted by Dayvid3 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

I like WW and Supes, but remember Lois' reaction/impression of Clark is limited because she only knows maybe half there is to know about him, maybe a lot less. Not that she should be impressed just cause he has superpowers or anything, but he hides some of his good personality traits as part of his Clark disguise. So we get mad at her for treating him poorly, but she also isn't seeing the 3 dimensional him

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

That discussion is way to meta to "debate". For example, I think the Wonder Woman relationship has been written poorly (mainly because none of the writers are even USING IT) so far, but it has incredible potential to add to Superman's story. It could be argued that Lois could be written better as well, to be an asset to Superman, however I want her gone as a whole regardless of the quality of how she is written, because 1) its based on a concept that was creative when women werent commonly shown to be dominant like her, but is now unecessary 2) whats the point of rebooting the universe just to maintain the status quo 3) even written well, she would still seem to be shallow 4) it seems unrealistic and uncomfortable in a more modern setting for Superman to be so obsessed with someone; and the list goes on and on for me.

Also, I dont see them as all that compatible. Its as I said before, Supes and WW have a magnificent compatibility.

Perry and Jimmy build Superman's day to day world, if Lois could be used sparingly in the same way, perhaps as a rival, or as a professional Supes admires, but of course as a friend, id be fine having her live on. But writers seem incapable of ignoring history and moving on.

Since Batman seems to be your favourite character, how would you like if a lot of potential Batman's stories or mythos was restricted to squeeze in a side character?

1. How many non powered headstrong women are there in comics?
  2. Their not maintaining the old status quo, didn't DC announced a Superman/WW comic and the writer said there will romantic elements in the book?
  3. No, when written well Lois is a headstrong, smart and caring woman who loves Superman.
  4. They can show he got over her, that would be a good and interesting character development for Superman, showing that he's just man but a very strong willed man. Lois doesn't need to die for it, that would result in just another boring and overdone story. How good would it be if Superman loves WW in a world where Lois is alive rather than making WW a second choice.

Dude comic book doesn't follow your rules or logic or else they would've showed how Superman flies without wings.

As you said before they can show Lois as a friend or a professional rival so Lois can bring many new aspects in Clark's without being his love interest.

Batman and Robin was my favorite title mostly because of Damian was the main character in it, I'm not saying she has to be in half of the books, I don't even think she needs to be in every issue but I don't think she needs to die just because she's getting in the way of some people's favorite ship.

#45 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

1. How many non powered headstrong women are there in comics?
  2. Their not maintaining the old status quo, didn't DC announced a Superman/WW comic and the writer said there will romantic elements in the book?
  3. No, when written well Lois is a headstrong, smart and caring woman who loves Superman.
  4. They can show he got over her, that would be a good and interesting character development for Superman, showing that he's just man but a very strong willed man. Lois doesn't need to die for it, that would result in just another boring and overdone story. How good would it be if Superman loves WW in a world where Lois is alive rather than making WW a second choice.

Dude comic book doesn't follow your rules or logic or else they would've showed how Superman flies without wings.

As you said before they can show Lois as a friend or a professional rival so Lois can bring many new aspects in Clark's without being his love interest.

Batman and Robin was my favorite title mostly because of Damian was the main character in it, I'm not saying she has to be in half of the books, I don't even think she needs to be in every issue but I don't think she needs to die just because she's getting in the way of some people's favorite ship.

1) Mary Jane popped into mind immediately. I actually disagree with the poster above who said Kal and Lois is the greatest couple in comics, its a very nice one once it is set and stone and the status quo of marriage is enacted, but Mary Jane and Pete will always be my marriage of choice,

2) Good, I want this to continue, Superman/WW is one of the first new titles I plan on picking up. But the problem is, you have Johns and even Lobdell (a writer I prefer to Johns) digging up the Lois crap every issue.

3) Except she always looked down on or overlooked Clark. Superman is/has always been two people. She needs to respect and appreciate Clark first. I dont remember what comic it was, its been a long time, but there was an instance where she blew off Supes for Clark, and I think thats the first time I was a big fan of their relationship, and I had been a huge fan ever since. In fact, I got really upset when I heard about them being split up, but since it has happened, some good and unique stories should come out of it, and Lois should not be the "goal" any more. But I digress, to say that New 52 is a career focused uber snob (writer's fault, i know, but like I said, we cant debate that far into "what if" territory.)

4) GOOD! Do this! And then push Lois to the background, because I would love for her to be a supporting character, not a main character in Superman books anymore. EXCEPT THEY WONT DO THIS. If they kill her off, at least the spectre of Supes and her lost marriage wont loom in every book anymore. Of course, knowing how DC is handling mature topics like romance, theyd probably use it for an excuse for Superman to turn inward and ONLY think of Lois.

We basically agree on what could be better solutions, but unfortunately all we have to work with is what we have. I feel like if Lois was killed off, it would show a commitment advancing the Supes/WW romance, and maybe give the Lois/Kal crowd closure (to start moving on). The thing about comic fans are, theyll be angry for a while, but once you close the door on something, they will eventually move on (see Gwen Stacy).

#46 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Mary Jane popped into mind immediately. I actually disagree with the poster above who said Kal and Lois is the greatest couple in comics, its a very nice one once it is set and stone and the status quo of marriage is enacted, but Mary Jane and Pete will always be my marriage of choice,

2) Good, I want this to continue, Superman/WW is one of the first new titles I plan on picking up. But the problem is, you have Johns and even Lobdell (a writer I prefer to Johns) digging up the Lois crap every issue.

3) Except she always looked down on or overlooked Clark. Superman is/has always been two people. She needs to respect and appreciate Clark first. I dont remember what comic it was, its been a long time, but there was an instance where she blew off Supes for Clark, and I think thats the first time I was a big fan of their relationship, and I had been a huge fan ever since. In fact, I got really upset when I heard about them being split up, but since it has happened, some good and unique stories should come out of it, and Lois should not be the "goal" any more. But I digress, to say that New 52 is a career focused uber snob (writer's fault, i know, but like I said, we cant debate that far into "what if" territory.)

4) GOOD! Do this! And then push Lois to the background, because I would love for her to be a supporting character, not a main character in Superman books anymore. EXCEPT THEY WONT DO THIS. If they kill her off, at least the spectre of Supes and her lost marriage wont loom in every book anymore. Of course, knowing how DC is handling mature topics like romance, theyd probably use it for an excuse for Superman to turn inward and ONLY think of Lois.

We basically agree on what could be better solutions, but unfortunately all we have to work with is what we have. I feel like if Lois was killed off, it would show a commitment advancing the Supes/WW romance, and maybe give the Lois/Kal crowd closure (to start moving on). The thing about comic fans are, theyll be angry for a while, but once you close the door on something, they will eventually move on (see Gwen Stacy).

1. See MJ doesn't exists in DC and that's only one name. And I love MJ and Peter too but they are not nearly as iconic as Superman and Lois, no other relationship is, and I doubt any other will be.
  2. Again that's Johns and Lobdell's fault, you think I like how Batman is portrayed in JL and Batman?
  3. Pre-New 52 Lois didn't overlooked Clark and I'm not reading New 52 Superman titles but from the titles I'm reading I can say no one acting like they are in New 52. I don't think Superman and WW is also acting like themselves in New 52.
  4. You know if they kill her off, they can always bring her back, I can argue Lois got more fans than WW.

Still I don't think they'll kill her off soon, Batman's got a better chance at getting killed than Lois.

#47 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: If Lois has more fans than Wonder Woman, that is super depressing.

#48 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Well she had more exposure than any DC character except Batman and Superman and has been a fan favorite among female fans, she is also considered very important for woman's depiction in comics.

#49 Posted by KillerFrost (34 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lois has very many fans among ordinary people and among stars.Play Lois lane is a dream of many actresses.

Unlike Wonder Woman, Lois is an example to follow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.