Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

will WW fly/run as fast as this in live action tv/movies?

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

who knows? as long as the movie is good, who cares?

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Is she even close to as fast as them? I don't even remember seeing her go faster then sound in the comics.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@2cool4fun: In the past she could keep up with the Flash's to a certain degree, she could still fight Wally while she was blind, but it might be more educational if one could get hold of the WW/Flash teamup where they had to deal with Cheetah and Zoom.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is she even close to as fast as them? I don't even remember seeing her go faster then sound in the comics.

she is faster than half the speed of light in the comics,and has faster reflexes than superman,i have some scans if you want to see them.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: 1/2 light speed? was that a one time thing, like how she was suddenly bulletproof in the injustice comic? AND....at some point in time, did she ever have hermes' sandals?

I know the video from smallville was just 1 interpretation, But i think they got the concept/principle correct. clark can keep up with the flash to an extent.......a full on sprint for clark seemed like a lite jog for the flash (even started running backwards). then later he turns on the boosters and shows that when it comes to speed, he's in a class of his own.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123: She had Hermes' Sandals after (presumably) keeping them safe after Artemis died wearing them in WML's run (Artemis needed them to fly and have superspeed). Diana later pulled them out of her closet when she needed to get to Paradise Island while the Olympians were gone.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By marvel123

@outside_85: cool thanks i didn't know that. do you prefer the concept of her using hermes' sandals as opposed to the feather or vice-versa?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123: I prefer her without the sandals but still able to fly and move at blistering speeds due to Hermes' blessings. Mostly because while I like Roman Epics and all that, I don't think the visual is something that fits Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't need her to fly the fastest, I just need her to have the ability to fly.

No Caption Provided

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: @marvel123: @outside_85: she has shown that she doesn't need the sandals to fly and blitz.

some examples of feats that are clearly way above supersonic are:

speedblitz powergirl from canada when powergirl was in washinton DC.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

outracing omeba beams.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

stopping amazo before he can finish a word.

No Caption Provided

racing flash.

No Caption Provided

she crosses lybia/radar in 5 seconds,faster than any plane(and remember that the fastest plane move at hypersonic speed).

No Caption Provided

speedblitzing genocid into outer space within seconds.

No Caption Provided

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Interesting, she's a lot faster then I thought...Damn it DC use her speed more often. ( I'm looking at you Azz & Johns )

Btw what comic & issue did she fight powergirl?

Also not a big fan of her pre-52 thought bubbles. Oh well it is pre-52 for a reason I guess.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Interesting, she's a lot faster then I thought...Damn it DC use her speed more often. ( I'm looking at you Azz & Johns )

Also not a big fan of her pre-52 thought bubbles. Oh well it is pre-52 for a reason I guess.

powergirl vs wonder woman is from WW V3,but i would have to search the issue number,i don't remember.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 2cool4fun

@gokuwarrior: Wish I had the number, but still thanks a lot! :D

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was one of my problems with Gail Simone's run, her Diana always sounded so stiff, uptight and formal.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: @gokuwarrior: sweet, i like the scene with genocide...about the scene with the flash...well what actually happened was..........*flash circled the earth twice, slowed back down to that same spot to still find WW running like the wind.........poor girl didn't even notice ..........that's why he says to WW "oh i'm sorry, i thought you were fast". the writers just wanted to be nice, so they didn't include those details. true story (not really)

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: @gokuwarrior: sweet, i like the scene with genocide...about the scene with the flash...well what actually happened was..........*flash circled the earth twice, slowed back down to that same spot to still find WW running like the wind.........poor girl didn't even notice ..........that's why he says to WW "oh i'm sorry, i thought you were fast". the writers just wanted to be nice, so they didn't include those details. true story (not really)

he outraced,but he didn't circle the earth and all that,she noticed when he finally outraced her.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By marvel123

@gokuwarrior: haha, anyway i guess to find out how fast WW (and even the shazam family) is, we'd have to know how fast hermes/mercury is as well. does dc showcase any of hermes' feats?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

I'd say she's almost as fast as Superman, but her better reflexes. And of course she should be able to fly.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Muffin_Sangria
    @2cool4fun said:

I actually think the lack of thought bubbles is one of the biggest flaws of New 52 comic. Wonder Woman is such a nuanced character. You really need to get inside her head to understand her. Take away the thought bubbles and your stuck with the stiff but sporadic version on Wonder Woman that we've been getting in the New 52.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: I like thought bubbles, i just meant not a fan of how they look. Their new 52 re-design is much better.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I wouldn't mind her to fly but then again I think that would get away in other characters who use flight if they make a JLA movie (Green Lantern and Superman). Then if she ran fast that could possibly get in the way of what makes The Flash cool. Hmm hard to say I guess.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I guess I haven't seen the 52 bubbles. Azz doesn't seem to use them at all. What's the difference in the redesign? Most of the post-crisis books I've read used colored boxes. As far as I know they haven't used the cloud bubbles since like the silver age.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 2cool4fun
    Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope her flying powers don't carry over into live action.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Cloakx14

i think she should be able to keep up with superman in Mos 2.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I wouldn't mind her to fly but then again I think that would get away in other characters who use flight if they make a JLA movie (Green Lantern and Superman). Then if she ran fast that could possibly get in the way of what makes The Flash cool. Hmm hard to say I guess.

I hope her flying powers don't carry over into live action.

@cloakx14 said:

i think she should be able to keep up with superman in Mos 2.

@marvel123: I prefer her without the sandals but still able to fly and move at blistering speeds due to Hermes' blessings. Mostly because while I like Roman Epics and all that, I don't think the visual is something that fits Wonder Woman.

sometimes i wonder if this is more an issue of gender equality?, because we have other female kryptonians who should be equal to supes, we don't have to take a female character from a completely different origin and mold her to be his female equivalent. I personally never liked the idea of taking characters from completely different origins and just haphazardly making them equal (powerwise). for instance, how martians, kryptonians, greek myth gods, WW, shazam family and other random aliens are suppose to have similar strength speed and flight...........WW, the shazam family, and maybe the greek myth gods should be close because there powers/origins are somewhat related, but i don't see why they have be equal those who have powers by different means.......either make them stronger or not. more distinction between origins = better consistency. so we won't ask questions such as: who's faster or who's stronger.......cuz it'll already be common knowledge. maybe something like this but obviously with better organization.

No Caption Provided

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123: Well lest I checked superman is not stronger then either supergirl or powergirl.

But I agree with the rest, I think wonder woman should not be that fast, she is already a skilled fighter and can use many different weapons. She does not need to also be super fast.

Poor flash, can't catch a break, he only has speed, yet all these other power-houses are almost as fast as him.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By marvel123

@2cool4fun: true, but the kryptonians (men/ women)"should" be Generally physically close to each other in speed, strength, ect.....just like how it works with normal men and women. like hawkeye and black widow or green arrow and canary

i think that WW and shazam should be equal: both of them have hermes/mercury's speed and hercule's strength.........i think it's perfectly acceptable for writers to set them on par with each other.

superman is DC's measuring stick, it seems like in order to give some characters good credibility they just set them on his level (give or take a few abilities).........now even aquaman's strength may be on par with the kryptonians

and yes.......it does kinda make flash seem less special

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I've been thinking about it and I wouldn't mind it if they took away her ability to fly. That way they could just cut Hermes out of the mix, and just say she gets her speed from Artemis goddess of the hunt. That way she could be blessed by only female gods.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer her to be just how she is in the 52 and Justice League war movie

She can fly but not the way superman does

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: I like that answer

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WonderWomanFan8

@wdw Lol but Wonder Woman never flew "exactly" like him to begin with. We also can't forget that the source of their power to fly comes from different sources.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.