Will there be a Wonder Woman: Earth One?

#1 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Superman Earth One, and looking forward very much to Batman: Earth One, do you think there will be a Wonder Woman: Earth One?

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Archlord: Hard to say, she is not as popular a character and often gets overlooked.
#3 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope so, I would buy it. Would be cool if they got an artist like Mauro Cascioli to draw it, I love his work. I would also like to see Power Girl with an Earth-One book, and the Marvel Family, and maybe a Earth-One book about the League of Assasins.

#4 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

WOULD LOVE IT. I believe there were murmurs about that actually happening, and I think I read somewhere about Grant Morrison possibly getting his hands on Diana. We'll have to wait and see.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33889 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04: Earth One power girl wouldn't work. 

Well they did say there are going to be other Earth One books and I would love a Wonder Woman one. We will see.
#6 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd totally go for that. But a host of internet voices aside, I'm not sure whether the market is really encouraging of such a thing. I'd actually love to see E1 Supes, Bats, WW, GL and Flash, then an E1 JL, followed by further amendments, like Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

#7 Posted by chalkshark (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

There had been talk, several years ago, of doing an All Star Wonder Woman series, drawn by Adam Hughes. Not sure why this project stalled, but it seems like an idea that could be dovetailed into an Earth One Wonder Woman graphic novel. With Hughes doing the artwork, you know it would sell.

#8 Posted by MrDirector786 (43606 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope there will be one.

#9 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the team for the current DCnU Wonder Woman don't get to work on it...

#10 Edited by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@Archlord: Hard to say, she is not as popular a character and often gets overlooked.

she is popular but the question is will people buy it or not..

#11 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

it must be!

#12 Edited by IronAngelX (198 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if anything follows for 2013, it will be a Batman Earth One vol. 2 and a Wonder Woman Earth One

When the Superman Earth One was being promoted, DC had mentioned starting the initiative off for the "Big Three" which is in fact Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. The books so far have been amazing, go check out my reviews for the Superman and Batman Earth One books on my hubpages account.

http://aaronhubb89.hubpages.com/hub/COMIC-REVIEW-Superman-Earth-One

http://aaronhubb89.hubpages.com/hub/COMIC-REVIEW-Batman-Earth-One

#13 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

If I'm not mistaken, her DVD sales do well enough to warrant her own Earth One. Especially with all the buzz with Superman and Batman's Earth One's. Plus, if they are going to a Justice League and/or a Wonder Woman movie it would be good to have some more fresh material out there for her character.

#14 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

grant morrison mention something about this.

#15 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

He said he was 30 pages into this(somebody said this in their post) and he did research alot of research.on the feminist theory.This book will define WW on who his is because it will take her back to her roots.Grant Morrsion seems to know what's he's doing. He said that this is a challenge for him.

#16 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

He said he was 30 pages into this(somebody said this in their post) and he did research alot of research.on the feminist theory.This book will define WW on who his is because it will take her back to her roots.Grant Morrsion seems to know what's he's doing. He said that this is a challenge for him.

Did he mention will be an Earth One comic? Because that's what it's about here.

#17 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to do an All-Star Wonder Woman too.

#18 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@moywar700 said:

"The 'Action Comics' run concludes with issue #16, 'Batman Incorporated' wraps up my take with issue #12, and after that I don’t have any plans for monthly superhero books for a while. 'Multiversity' is eight issues and I’m 30-odd pages into a Wonder Woman project but those are finite stories."

I'm assuming that he's working on an earth one wonder woman.I think it's safe to assume that he is working on it.

#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

I'm assuming that he's working on an earth one wonder woman.I think it's safe to assume that he is working on it.

Why? If he was, why would he just say so, instead of vaguely going "WW project"? There is absolutely no reason to assume this is an EO project anymore than a Secret Origins or All-Star or anything else for that matter.

#20 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

They can't even get one Wonder Woman concept down let alone another one.

No there won't be a Wonder Woman: Earth 1

#21 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes why not do a trinity on earth one and why not a justice league

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope so.I would love to see it.

#23 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@moywar700 said:

It's rumoured - nothing official as of yet.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@moywar700 said:

Why? If he was, why would he just say so, instead of vaguely going "WW project"? There is absolutely no reason to assume this is an EO project anymore than a Secret Origins or All-Star or anything else for that matter.

Because they stopped doing the all star line. All star wonder woman was supposed to be written and drawn by adam hughes.

It could be a secret origins, but it doesn't really makes sense because then Morrison would have to tie that one into the current WW story and if anything we know, he loves to come up with his own stuff. So its possible that its an elseworld story.

Looking at how much success DC had with earth one line, I'm sure it'll be a WW earth one.

#25 Posted by DDangelico (221 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a bit lukewarm to Superman: Earth One, but after Batman: Earth One I'd LOVE to see them do Wonder Woman next!

#26 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhg, not a fan of Morrison, he is so full of himself. I don't care if he writes a Earth One Wonder Woman story, but I hope they keep him off of the Wonder Woman title.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24 said:

Uhg, not a fan of Morrison, he is so full of himself. I don't care if he writes a Earth One Wonder Woman story, but I hope they keep him off of the Wonder Woman title.

full of himself? how did you get that?

Also, why does his character matters to you? Shouldn't his writing be more important? Unless you're saying you hate his writing and you're not a fan of Wonder Woman.

#28 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: When he was writing his plot and storyline for Action Comics, he didn't share any of his plans with the creative team working on the Superman title, which makes it kinda hard to stay true to continuity for the Superman team. I mean how can you write a good today Superman comic when you have know idea of his past. He is also been known to completely discard character histories and previous story lines the minute he takes over a comic. I personally find his writing to be pretentious. And yes his character matters to me because ones character often shines through to their work and I don't like giving my money to blow hearts. I am a huge Wonder Woman fan, and that's why I would like a writer I don't like to stay off of a book that involves a character I do like. Furthermore, I don't know why you are getting so worked up over my personal opinion of a writer. I happen to love Greg Rucka's writing, and if some random person on here said they didn't I wouldn't take it personally.

#29 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24: You're wrong. It wasn't that he didn't share plans with the creative team working on the Superman title, he had to tell the editors his plan. But since its a new universe, he could have several ideas and when the book started he was pretty much at a place where he was bouncing between ideas and can't decide on which on to go through. In order for Perez to continue writing, Perez need to know Morrison's plans at least 3 months before they published issue 1 and he needs to know all these plans that was impossible for Morrison to give. Other than that the editors had to liaise with WB because Superman is their flagship character and with the movie out, they could not let Superman depart too much from the movie version, at the same time WB needs to make Superman as different and modern as possible but yet made sure what is iconic to him stays iconic. There are more than one elements to the story you hear from Perez. He said it himself, DC needed to be accountable to WB and even Justice League and DC itself because they wanted to relaunch Superman as the first superhero to appear in DC universe. Also, this does not excuse Perez from writing a bad story (I would know, I stuck through with it). Also Morrison did not completely discard character histories and previous storylines. Batman is still Batman. Superman is still Superman. Talking about ignoring past stories, writers like Azzarello and Giffen are much more guilty of that than Morrison.

Personally I love Wonder Woman, despite my love for the creator or not, I would almost always give the book a try. If I have doubts about the writer's writing, I would at least wait for reviews to come in before I decide if I want to read it. Which is why I find that I could not understand your logic. If I love the character, I'm buying it because of the love for the character and writing, not the morality or character of the writer.

Also, you are entitled to your opinion, but since you posted a reply, why can't I ask you to validate that? Its a forum after all. I don't think I am worked up over it, I never called you names or insulted you. I'm just merely questioning you logic and supplementing your replies with my logic. If you think its rude of me to ask you the questions I did, you can simply not reply or say you don't feel like replying. But its a forum and since you did, so I replied with mine. Not sure if this is considered "getting so worked up" to you.

#30 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I tend to be one of those those comic book readers who follow writers I like and not characters. However there are a few titles I always give a try when new creative teams come on board (unless the writer or artist is someone I completely despise like Frank Miller, Chuck Dixon, Rob Liefeld or Greg Land.) Wonder Woman is one of those titles and if Morrison starts writing for it I will give it a chance, but based on his other super hero comics that I've read, my hopes aren't up.

#31 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio
@Katie24 said:

They need to do an All-Star Wonder Woman too.

Agreed
#32 Posted by pkebker (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say Morrison is working on a Wonder Woman: Earth One title. How long until we see it in stores? 2013? 2014?

#33 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Could not be worse than Batman: Earth One so I say they should give it a shot.

#34 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Morrision is working on Earth One.

#36 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather have an All Star Wonder Woman. I loved All Star Superman, and given the fact that we just recently had the revamp with a simplified origin that many people aren't a fan of, I think more WW fans would be interested in a classic, larger-than-life rendition of the character than another modern gritty take.

#37 Posted by LexLuthor (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I would rather have an All Star Wonder Woman.

Yup.

Adam Hughes was once attached to All Star Wonder Woman. Which, unfortunately, never transpired.

#38 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: except that the "larger than life" version died during Crisis and hasn't crept it's way back. Thank God.

#39 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

There won't be an all star Wonder Woman because the all star line is dead. If you want to know what happened to it, I'll go as far to say frank miller happened to it. If you want a Wonder Woman earth one I suggest you go and sign this petition here. The more signatures the better. http://www.change.org/petitions/dc-comics-make-a-wonder-woman-earth-one-graphic-novel

#40 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: That would be amazing. If this is really true, I'm glad DC decided to do something more with Diana.

@Skewer: What did Frank Miller do to it?

#41 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

He wrote all star batman and robin: the boy wonder. The result of that book was that it wasn't well received, sales plummeted to the point that it was cancelled and only made it to 9 or 10 issues. The entire all star line was died as a result of that godawful book.

#42 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Miller can be amazing in one book and just plain suck in the next.

#43 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: @sethysquare: rucka was suppose to do earth one, but paul dinney took him off the character.

#44 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison is preparing for this.

#45 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: But no news, I want some news.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.