WHY WONDER WOMAN WILL DIE

• 60 results
#1 Posted by Victor Frost (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do all the W.W seris suck? The only time she really shine's is in the JLA. Now dont get me wrong I like W.W but they change writer's the book sucks,they change artist the book sucks,I mean whats the deal? Other female characters do just fine but W.W. should be held to a higher standered. For this reason I say within two years they will kill WONDER WOMAN,they'll bring her back but to generate intrest in the book she will die. Then everybody will realize what thier missing and start buying the book. Plus who are her rogues,and I'm not talking to the die hards thier already reading the book,but the casual fan needs to gain intrest if the book is going to do as well as Superman&Batman.

#2 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Wonder Woman either, but you should read Ms. Invisible's WW article. It's loooooong.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Victor Frost says:

"I say within two years they will kill WONDER WOMAN,they'll bring her back but to generate intrest in the book she will die."

Killing a character for the shock value is a horrible way to increase fan interest and it would never happen. I'm not saying characters aren't brought back from death if companies think they can make money off them; they just don't go around killing/resurrecting characters all willy-nilly.

#4 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Shock value killings, while horrible from a story perspective, do increase fan interest I think. Just look at Superman. Sure, there was a couple years of fallout there where they tried to reason their way around it, but it did help make Superman popular again.

Staff
#5 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Victor Frost says:
"I say within two years they will kill WONDER WOMAN,they'll bring her back but to generate intrest in the book she will die."
Killing a character for the shock value is a *horrible* way to increase fan interest and it would never happen. I'm not saying characters aren't brought back from death if companies think they can make money off them; they just don't go around killing/resurrecting characters all willy-nilly. "
I agree its a horrible idea but i think its one thats been proven to work.Your telling me you wouldnt run out and by one of the first copy's of "THE DEATH OF WONDER WOMAN"? I think I would have to.
#6 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind if they killed her just to shake things up a little.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cascader says:

"Shock value killings, while horrible from a story perspective, do increase fan interest I think. Just look at Superman. Sure, there was a couple years of fallout there where they tried to reason their way around it, but it did help make Superman popular again."

I guess you're right, I just hate it.

#8 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

I normally don't read WW. I read some back when Perez was writing and drawing then late when Byrne was. The new series hasn't been too bad. Sure there's been some delays but supposedly that's been fixed. I don't mind her character.

Staff
#9 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

But dont you see? Thats the problem she's one of the big three but yet everybody's just kinnda ho-hum about her.She should by a major factor all through the DCU,not just in the JLA.This is why i beleave her time is just about up.

#10 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

She was pretty bad-ass when she twisted Max Lord's head.

Staff
#11 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

But wasnt that in a Jla book? Im talking her own book on her own.

#12 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. That I wouldn't know as I've said I haven't really been following it before now. She's about to have a huge brawl in the next issue.

Staff
#13 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

That's good stuff really well put,it doesnt come of like you said dirty its actaully a pretty good idea.But they would never give someone the freedom to try that.

#15 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Where I could see how that could be a big shaker of a story, I'd rather they not go there. Besides, who would DC get to do the deed? Doomsday? I think Wonder Woman would be able to fend off a horney dude. Plus they recently did the whole Dr. Light and Sue Dibney thing.

Staff
#16 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#17 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

No,dont go soft on the idea I understand that it might be pretty touchy but why is it okay for Sue but not W.W? Something like that would have people talking about it 30 years from now.All the great story's really came before my time,something like that would be my gen's Dark Phoenix our Death of Gwen Stacy something solid,something real happining to a real character.Not the wife of some second rate hero.It would forever change comics as we know them,a death can be lamed away but that would be forever.

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's saying it's ok for one and not the other, just that they just did it with someone else so it's not new or as shocking.

#19 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Martain Manhunter could do it,for some reason he go's all dark side and does the deed.The Buffy creator's basiclly did the same thing with Spike and it didnt hurt he's character.
Post Edited:2007-03-02 19:45:59

#20 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it would be kinda redundant since that was one of DC's shockers with Identity Crisis. I do appreciate more mature/adult storylines but I still feel comics should still be fun. I don't need to read a rape story to make a character more hardened or dynamic. If there was a payoff, I just don't think it'd be worth it. Yeah you could bring some attention to the real crime and find a way to get more prevention out in the public but bottom line, it's still a comic book. I'd rather not have that in my readings.

Staff
#21 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

I can respect that.

#22 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I say before they kill WW, they should give some lookin' into for better writers.

#23 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only read a handful of WW, but they were okay.  But you can't just kill off a big comiv Icon like that without someone to take their place. 

That I think is the problem with Superman and Wonder Woman. They have really no one to fill their boots after them.

Batman, Flash and Green Lantern actually have a few people capable of wearing the mantle (GL doesn't really count cause there are hundreds of them)

But Superman really has no one to take his place. (Conner is a no, I could never see it. Supergirl is her own character)

Wonder Woman has Donna and Cass, but I don't know if they are big enough characters out of Teen Titan/Titan books. You would think Donna could take over for Wonder Woman, but I think it would take her a while to grow into the role. Cass is not read yet.
#24 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Wth...a mess....i doubt WW will ever die but then again this is DC...

#25 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if there is a best way about using the death scenario to "reinvent" Wonder Woman, but if it had to be done then the ideal plot should follow how the writers of Knightsend did it.  By this I mean, actually craft a logical story by an as yet unknown villian(s) leading to a defeat/death scenario.  Not really a fan of killing off and resurrecting Wonder Woman but I remember how much I enjoyed Knightsend and think this would be the way to go about it.

#26 Posted by ritchman678 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

WW sucks all the way just git rid of her

#27 Posted by ritchman678 (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@ritchman678:
#28 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has died and brought back a few times, all of those she is brought back before the arc where she dies comes to a close

#29 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman is not going to die!

#30 Posted by Vangaurd (59 posts) - - Show Bio

no way she dies so soon after Batman (Bruce). Even though technically he is not dead

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Diana aint going nowhere
#32 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Wonder Women beat Batman? I heard Batman kicked her ass. Also didn't at one point she wanted to kill him in the comics?

#33 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Can Wonder Women beat Batman? I heard Batman kicked her ass. Also didn't at one point she wanted to kill him in the comics? "
I'm pretty sure that lasso could take care of Bats pretty quickly. Especially if the Batman we are talking about is Grayson
#34 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" Diana aint going nowhere
"
I'll take that bet

@Sidney said:
" Can Wonder Women beat Batman?
She already did

#35 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres no freakin way Bats can beat WW.

#36 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
"Can Wonder Women beat Batman? I heard Batman kicked her ass. Also didn't at one point she wanted to kill him in the comics? "

sigh, read comics. Batman has no chance against her without prep
#37 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" Theres no freakin way Bats can beat WW. "
With prep time, maybe.
#38 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

With Bat-Factor maybe

#39 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Can Wonder Women beat Batman? I heard Batman kicked her ass. Also didn't at one point she wanted to kill him in the comics? "

A philosophy that I've grown up with is "It doesn't matter if you get the first hit,it matters if you get the good hit."
I'm sure Bat's could beat her,just supposing he get's a good shot.
#40 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs:
Batman is always preped :-\

WW has already "died" at the end of Crisis ('86), and was relaunched then.
With her, and probably any femail characters, I noticed they have a hard time keeping ongoing titles going.  I think Witchblade may be an exception?
I don't know if it's bad writing, art, villians, lack of inspiration, or what, but they just don't seem to last as long as their male counterparts.
#41 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep time i'm talking about and Bruce Wayne not Dick Greyson. Thought Batman beat WW alreadyin the comics? Can WW beat Superman?

#42 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Prep time i'm talking about and Bruce Wayne not Dick Greyson. Thought Batman beat WW alreadyin the comics? Can WW beat Superman? "
ive never seen batman beat her and she has a great chance to beat superman, though he'd probably win.
#43 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@Sidney said:
" Prep time i'm talking about and Bruce Wayne not Dick Greyson. Thought Batman beat WW alreadyin the comics? Can WW beat Superman? "
ive never seen batman beat her and she has a great chance to beat superman, though he'd probably win."

Well Batman can beat her. If he beat Hulk he can beat WW.
#44 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" @Apparition said:
"@Sidney said:
ive never seen batman beat her and she has a great chance to beat superman, though he'd probably win."
Well Batman can beat her. If he beat Hulk he can beat WW. "
why?  hulk is slow, and usually dumb, and even at his strongest he's only around wonder woman's normal strength level.  then ww can move and react near flash's speed so she's more than quick enough to defeat batman before he can even start his plan.  i'd think he would have a chance if he had prep time, but not a great chance...
#45 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
I think she has, sort of. They are at about equal strengths looking back at All Star Superman
#46 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"@Sidney said:
I think she has, sort of. They are at about equal strengths looking back at All Star Superman "

Who is that sexy women in your pic man? Oh yeah well agreed.

By the way Batman has a chance he the perfect human being fighting wise. He can do things no other human being can. He the goodman Batman!
#47 Posted by cascadeking09 (6759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney: If it was bruce batman could most definitely beat wonder woman
#48 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a chance in hell
#49 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vangaurd:
The Bat ain't dead?
#50 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
"@Sidney: If it was bruce batman could most definitely beat wonder woman "

Thats what i mean Bruce as Batman and i thought he beat WW in the comics? He beat Superman so figure he could beat WW too. Since Superman stronger then WW.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.