Why the hell did amazons have kangaroos?

#1 Edited by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Kangaroos live in Australia, not Greece. How the hell did they get to Themyscira? The golden/silver age ww is rife with this kind of dumbassery. If you're going to give ww a pet, wouldn't it be something Greek or mythological? Maybe an owl for Athena, or a baby Satyr or something. Kangaroos??!!!!!!!! That's like Aquaman having a pet Capybara instead of an octopus.

#2 Edited by Outside_85 (9939 posts) - - Show Bio

You sound like an exceptionally angry person.

#3 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

The invisible jet totaly logical but kangaroos that's just too far for you

#5 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6521 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe on a boat?

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

immortal race of woman warriors blessed by the gods? yea that's cool, WAIT did you just say KANGAROOS? Psst now your just taking it to far!!!!!!!!

#8 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

They used the kangaroos' pouch to hold their lipstick and nail polish.

#9 Edited by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: that would triple her book sales

#10 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I regard this topic as a major insult to the Kangaroo Community.

#12 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody knows that Zues will sleep with anything regardless of how many legs it has, he even turns his girls into animals during the act to hide his activities from Hera from time to time. One day he turned himself and his mistress into Kangaroos (his idea of experimenting) but had to leave quickly as Hera was calling him and forgot to transform his mistress back into a human. Hera noticed before he had a chance to fix things, so he told her he brought the Kangaroo to Themyscira as a gift to the Amazons because Athena was mad at him (for missing her birthday for the 1000th time straight) and he thought this would appease her. Hera bought it and Zeus being the cold ***** he is ,left his mistress in the form and moved on, not knowing/caring she was pregnant. Well, she gave birth to twins (M&F) and from there on the Amazons breed them as pets....

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92996 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, because when I think of things that differ from real life in comics, I totally think of how there are kangaroos in the wrong geographic location and that's just the one that gets me every time.

immortal race of woman warriors blessed by the gods? yea that's cool, WAIT did you just say KANGAROOS? Psst now your just taking it to far!!!!!!!!

seriously lol

#14 Edited by cameron83 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx:

I can't decide if you're serious because I actually believe that story XD

@mercy_ said:

Yeah, because when I think of things that differ from real life in comics, I totally think of how there are kangaroos in the wrong geographic location and that's just the one that gets me every time.

@jonny_anonymous said:

seriously lol

LOL

#15 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

Its a fabrication based on true mythological events ;)

#16 Posted by cameron83 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@cameron83:

Its a fabrication based on true mythological events ;)

LMAO

well of COURSE mythology is true! Don't you know the definition of the word?..Silly!

(Was that actually what happened in Greek Mythology...damn I didn't know Zeus was sleezy like that!)

#17 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

Yes, Him and Nemisis SWANed, literally and him and Demeter slithered right under Hera's nose...

I think there is another with him and some girl he turned into a dear or something...

#18 Posted by cameron83 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@cameron83:

Yes, Him and Nemisis SWANed, literally and him and Demeter slithered right under Hera's nose...

I think there is another with him and some girl he turned into a dear or something...

oh god....i mean,zeus......

#19 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Themyscira isn't in Greece, its in the Bermuda triangle and apparently its mobile.

#20 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass: they are greek though. That's why Diana's skin is green in her book

#21 Edited by cameron83 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass: they are greek though. That's why Diana's skin is green in her book

......green?

These are troubling times in the kingdom....

#22 Posted by starrk_coyote (625 posts) - - Show Bio

do you have any scans or pics that show that the amazons have kangaroos? ? ?

that would be nice :)

#23 Edited by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@starrk_coyote: http://thanley.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/sensation6.jpg

#25 Posted by starrk_coyote (625 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ARMIV2 (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman with a giant kangaroo that she could ride into battle...

That sounds pretty awesome actually.

#27 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but, who wouldn't want to have a kangaroo.

#28 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

They looked like mutant horses. God the golden age sucked. As did pre crisis ww

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.