Why hasn't DC made a Wonderboy for Wonder Woman yet?

#1 Posted by Wonderboy52 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm writing a story about a superhero who obviously is Wonderboy, the first male progeny of Wonder Woman. I'd like to know what others think about the concept in general. Is it a good idea, bad idea or however you feel about it. I think that DC should make more progeny's for female heroes. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Zatara and he wasn't really that popular... so what do you think?
#2 Posted by Yumulu (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Well amazon heritage and male simply does not work in my opinion. By the way Zatara came before Zatanna I beleive.

#3 Posted by Wonderboy52 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I was talking about her younger cousin, not her father.
#4 Posted by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

DC doesn't really need another powerhouse.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah and Wonder Woman isn't that popular. Extending her "family" more wouldn't necessarily a good thing.

#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman and Superman have female supporting characters...then why can't WW have a male supporting character?

#7 Posted by The Poet (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

DC hasn't made one, but Marvel has and his name is...Wonder man! :)

#8 Posted by The Poet (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

If Batman and Superman have female supporting characters...then why can't WW have a male supporting character?

steve trevor?

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35154 posts) - - Show Bio

As Amazonian are an all female nation? how would that work? If Wonder Woman is all about the girl power wouldn't adding in a male take something away from that?

#10 Edited by lsumd2011 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how the character was done I suppose, but I doubt we'll ever see the day. Introducing a male sidekick/supporting hero to wonder woman would have to many fans irked I'm sure.

#11 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@lsumd2011: Yeah, fans nearly have a conniption when an artist messes with her costume.O_o

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

It would need to be well done and intresting along with in charecter for all involved. I think wonder womans male sidekick should bes like her brother or something Kid Zeus

#13 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

They did. His name was Achilles. Not the original Achilles, though.

#14 Posted by Wonderboy52 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

All very valid points but I'm going to keep hope alive in my heart and hope someday they do it.
#15 Posted by LeeSensei (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a good idea. There was an all male race of 'Amazons' called the Gregaraeans. They could use them.

#16 Posted by star notes (241 posts) - - Show Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_%28comics%29 check this its Wonder boy

#17 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin is already called the "boy wonder." Hey wait, that's is the perfect solution for the Red Robin name problem (at least, I think it's a problem), call him Wonder Boy! Why the hell not?

#18 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there already this guy? Olympian aka Achilles. Though he's more of a male counter-part.

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

While it'd be an interesting role reversal, WW isn't popular enough to justify it.

#20 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

Would it be worthwhile to have Wonder Boy when DC already has a famous Boy Wonder?  I do think the story of Diana having a child is a potentially good one, but it would have to be in the right hands.  

#21 Posted by laabitres (472 posts) - - Show Bio

they dont need one lol too corny itll b like another marvel family we all know thats terrible

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.