Why?

#1 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please explain to me what people see in Gina Carano that they want her to play Wonder Woman. I really don't understand. Maybe because she is dating Henry Cavill or something.

#2 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42:

I think she kind of looks the part--I stress kind of. I dunno about her acting though, I've never seen her in a movie to my knowledge.

#3 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I think it's just because she looks the part.  For the most part the average comic fan only considers looks when they talk abouot who they want to play a certain part.  Most of them don't consider acting ability what so ever.

#4 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick: I dont even think she looks the part I mean sure she is fit but Wonder Woman is supposed to have curves lookin sexy. I saw some pictures of Gina and she don't got much curves. To me her face and Dianas face look totally different.

#5 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Target_X: I've heard her acting his horrible but who knows maybe she hired someone to teach her.

#6 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@Matchstick: I dont even think she looks the part I mean sure she is fit but Wonder Woman is supposed to have curves lookin sexy. I saw some pictures of Gina and she don't got much curves. To me her face and Dianas face look totally different.

Well to that I say, Diana is supposed to be supremely beautiful, but that doesn't mean she can't be strong and muscular too.

#7 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Target_X: Yeah she can but to a point.

#8 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Haywire and you'll know why! The following is just one of the many fight scenes she had in the movie. No stunt doubles were used. And in case you were wondering her acting in the movie was pretty good.

#9 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBane2890 said:

Watch Haywire and you'll know why! The following is just one of the many fight scenes she had in the movie. No stunt doubles were used. And in case you were wondering her acting in the movie was pretty good.

Woman power!!!! Holy crap, she beat the crap out of him. XD

#10 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio
@lilben42 said:

Sure that's one take on Diana, plenty of people believe Diana should be more fit  than curvy. 
#11 Posted by RazzaTazz (9638 posts) - - Show Bio

It will probably not be anyone that most people have heard of before. How many knew Hemsworth before Thor?

#12 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBane2890: That's cool but its still not a big enough reason. Any actor/actress can learn how to fight. Anne Hathaway learned how to.

#13 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick: Yeah but you can have curves and be fit its just Carano isn't like that.

#14 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@TheBane2890: That's cool but its still not a big enough reason. Any actor/actress can learn how to fight. Anne Hathaway learned how to.

Anne Hathaway wasn't that visceral and real with it though. Not by a long shot.

#15 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Target_X: Yeah it sounded like they actually hit each other. Was shooting him really neccesary though? haha

#16 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42:

I dunno, but I want to watch that movie now. O.o

#17 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, she looks and sounds like a great Wonder Woman. She is curvy but fit at the same time, how a warrior should look. The main problem is that she can't act.

#18 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Target_X: Still Anne Hathaway did a really good job fighting. All she did was go under some training.

#19 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42:

Yeah, she did and a lot of other actors could too.

#20 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

Can someone please explain to me what people see in Gina Carano that they want her to play Wonder Woman. I really don't understand. Maybe because she is dating Henry Cavill or something.

are u serious? shes dating henry? is henry blind or something?

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33425 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@lilben42 said:

maybe he just likes her

#22 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Yeah, as far as I know.

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: @lilben42: i just cant believe both of them are dating. pretty sure after he gets super famous, he'll be dating someone else. lol

#24 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@lilben42 said:

Funny you should say that, because Dianas blessed by beauty by Aphrodite herself, so why do so many people think this woman Gina C who is not that easy on the eye should play her?

To the OP, I think its absolutely crazy that people the GC should play her. I don´t know what planet they are on.

@Target_X said:

@lilben42 said:

Well to that I say, Diana is supposed to be supremely beautiful, but that doesn't mean she can't be strong and muscular too.

Yep you can do that, if you want her film to completely flop. But hey about five feminists who catch the film online will be on your side. The rest will still complain that she´s being objectified. Bad idea, she needs to be beautiful. Not overtly sexualized, but beautiful.

@Matchstick said:

Honestly I think it's just because she looks the part. For the most part the average comic fan only considers looks when they talk abouot who they want to play a certain part. Most of them don't consider acting ability what so ever.

How does GC look the part. Maybe she looks the part for an Amazon, but not for Diana at all. If they did a remake of Xena maybe, but Diana is not Xena she´s Wonder Woman, she´s supposed to be supremely beautiful and most of all feminine. She´s all girl, that´s why she´s so unique as a heroine. She´s not just some female action hero with an ultimately masculine temprement, like say Sarah Conner. Her and Catwoman are unique that way and that´s why alot of women identify with those two characters.

In any case I do think comic fans tend to look at looks to much. Its like if an actor looks like they were ripped out of the page of the comic itself, suddenly they´re qualified. I think thats an awful way to look at it. Talent and acting ability is primary for me. Like Amy Adams playing Lois is a brilliant idea, I´d rather her do it than some model who just looks the part. I think thats how they should be looking for WW. To bring out all of her qualities you need a really really good actress first and foremost. The specific look of WW, or formal fighting training can be acquired after.

#25 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: I concur.

#26 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

I have no idea. Maybe they associate the fact that she kicks ass with Wonder Woman somehow. She a good looking woman but not Wonder Woman by any means.

#27 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

Fans of hers. Nothing more.

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: i agree

#29 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

It will probably not be anyone that most people have heard of before. How many knew Hemsworth before Thor?

I did, I was there the day they incubated him, grew him to an adult in the maturation chamber, then dropped him of on the set of Thor

#30 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: That's the most logical explanation.

@drgnx: Probably.

#31 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

Just had this debate with a friend not more then a day ago. She has some nice action moves but beyond that....

#32 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quintus_Knightfall: Yeah basically the only reason people want her to be Diana is because she can fight. Could you imagine her in a justice league movie or even a Wonder Woman movie, that would be bad. At least I think so...

#33 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Carrano and I would support her career in the action film genre but she's a miss for the role of Diana . . .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.