Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Who would you have Lynda Carter Play In A WW Movie?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

Oh man have I been in a bad mood recently about WW. Seems like no one gets my favorite Amazonian warrior and things are only set to get worse.

But just to dream, who would you have Lynda Carter play in a WW movie? I personally would not want a Stan Lee like cameo, I would want her to play some kind of reoccurring role that meant something.

I also hate the idea of her playing an important role like Hippolyta as I think that would be far too distracting.

My thought is if it was set in a more real world, I´d like her to play some kind of Republican Senator from Texas using WW and her beliefs to set up some publicity campaign against WW. So she just appeared in a few News clips, on the news in smear campaigns against WW and metahumans in general, but Wondy in particular. Claiming she set a bad example for the youth or something, was pagan and Anti- American, also taking a hardline against the Amazons and their culture as well. I think that could be a really interesting and unexpected way to use her, so her appearance isn´t throw away and means something. Also the way she looks now I could totally see her pulling that off.

What do you guys think? Would you have Lynda in a cameo or even more major role? Or, would you completely leave her out?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: lynda should play queen hypolita and should be important in the movies.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Don´t you think thats a bit distracting? And to be fair to Lynda, I loved her portrayal on T.V. but I´m not sure she´s a good enough actress to play a more complex, nuanced, Hippolyta. I´d rather a big name and really excellent actress to play that role. I really think it would be a mistake for the movie.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@jphulk26: Distracting? I think it would be awesome if she played Hippolyta.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jphulk26: lynda is a very good actress,and it wouldn't be distracting,diana will still the most important character but it would be great to have lynda as hippolyta and play an important part.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior:

@jphulk26 said:

@gokuwarrior: Don´t you think thats a bit distracting? And to be fair to Lynda, I loved her portrayal on T.V. but I´m not sure she´s a good enough actress to play a more complex, nuanced, Hippolyta. I´d rather a big name and really excellent actress to play that role. I really think it would be a mistake for the movie.

@jphulk26: Distracting? I think it would be awesome if she played Hippolyta.

Gokuwarrior - I´m very very very very bias when it comes to Lynda Carter, but thats like Adam West playing commissioner gordan in a Batman movie. He was great as Batman for his time, but come on. I think Lynda Carter is great as WW, but her portrayal was in the context of a very specific type of show. I want a Batman Begins level cast for WW movie. Especially cause I think WW will have to be played by an unknown actress. I actually am baffled by people who think Lynda would be good in that role. I might be wrong and I´d love it if I was, but lets say she wouldn´t be distracting as Hippolyta, in the sense of people won´t be oh the most iconic dipiction of WW is playing the new WW mother. Its kind of hard for me to imagine Diana as WW when I´ve got the image I´ve had of her all my life standing right next to her for a good 1/3rd of the movie. Plus they are quite similar characters, at least in the way they speak, if not their attitude. But forget all that, truly in your heart of hearts cab you honestly tell me you think Lynda Carter, who hasn´t acted properly for years, could play a very poshe, stately, nuanced, seemless version of Hippolyta. I´m not talking some trash actioner with no heart. I´m talking doing WW justice, taking her story completely seriously like Batman Begins, but even better. You think she could really do that? Cause I´m honestly not sure she can.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: i have seen lynda playing differewnt roles and she is good,she could play hippolyta,if the actress playing WW is good and the script is good,everything will work out fine.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Aphrodite, cuz Diana gets beauty from her. It makes PERFECT sense.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior:

@jphulk26: i have seen lynda playing differewnt roles and she is good,she could play hippolyta,if the actress playing WW is good and the script is good,everything will work out fine.

Aphrodite, cuz Diana gets beauty from her. It makes PERFECT sense.

well I still have faith in Lynda. She´ll always be the perfect ww, so I wouldn´t be upset

@jointron - yeah I think that would be good. Or even Hestia or something along those lines.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dmessmer

@jphulk26: I agree with you - she's a solid actress, but not of the caliber that they need. Her acting skills were well suited to the slightly campy 70s TV show (and, for the record, I LOVE that show - it was my introduction to superheroes and the reason that Wonder Woman is still my favorite character), but she's probably not right for a more contemporary superhero movie. I also agree that she'd be distracting as Hippolyta - for those of us who grew up on the TV show it would be very difficult to see Lynda Carter in the context of Wonder Woman and not see her as Wonder Woman. That's not an issue of writing or acting, it's an issue of association that a lot of us have.

I don't, though, like the idea of her playing a Texas Senator who is opposed to Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter has said repeatedly how honored she was to play Wonder Woman and how much she loves the character, so I just can't see her wanting to take a part in which she criticizes the character she loves.

If she's in the movie (if there ever is one), she should have a short cameo just to get a bit of a chuckle out of those of us who remember the show and nothing more. Anything beyond that would be gimmicky and disappointing.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jphulk26

@dmessmer: interesting, you mean even if it was a good role? i think she wouldn´t mind if she understood the point of the character. its about opening up discussion on what WW means. she´s still part of the overall project which is to make WW shine and to show her as an intelligent, feminist and humanist character. so I think she´d be honored. she wouldn´t be a straight up villain, just away of as I said opening up how people might respond to a powerful woman in the real world. how some powerful women may even react to her presence. I wouldn´t even have a gimmicky cameo in a ww film. I would rather just not have her in it than not play an intelligent meaningful role in the film. I think making her just some joke cameo is undermining ww mythology, which I personally think ought to be taken seriously. I think though having her as one of the goddesses would be quite good. I like that as an idea, but for me even that is a little obvious.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

isnt she 65? i think Hippolyta would suit her better , kind of a wink to the 70s WW show

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hippolyta is immortal. She never ages. How could a 62 year old woman be good for the role?

(same for the gods. Why they should want to appear as aged men/women if not for specific purpouses?)

Lynda Carter should only have a small Stan Lee like cameo.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can play a world war 2 vet!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gokuwarrior

@hawk80: with all the make up today,and with lynda healthy look she could play hippolyta,if not,she could play julia or etta candy.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Gaea.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hippolyta. Perfect passing of the torch role. She was Wonder Woman in the 70s. Now she portrays her mother. It works perfectly.

Also Adam West needs a cameo in the Batman/Superman movie.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She might play a priestess or a goddess.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have her as one of Diana's teachers.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She might play a priestess or a goddess.

Yeah. I was thinking Hera or some such. Alkyone if they push it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.