Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Who should be the villain in Wonder Woman's movie?

• 58 results
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lilben42

What comic should they base it off of?

Do you think it will be successful?

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By mk111

Maybe Circe? I don't like most of WW's villains.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lilben42

@mk111: Yeah but there are alot that are good like Circe, Ares, Cheetah, Genocide, Silver Swan, Cronus etc... I think Circe would be too much like loki they should probably go with Ares or in the new 52 Athenas wrath.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mk111

@lilben42: I think Ares would make for a good villain, but I don't like Cheetah, and the rest are mostly B-rank villains, if that.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lilben42

@mk111: I forgot Giganta, Deimos, and Dr. Psycho. Giganta is am A-list villain, Dr. Psycho almost is. Maxwell Lord is an A-list villain and so is Hades. I think they should use Ares too its the easiest.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Cheetah in first film

Cheetah and Silver Swan in seconf film working for a mysterious person

Circe in third film as that mysterious person who wants to unleash Hades

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilben42

@OutlawRenegade: What is the biggest thing Cheetah has done or her plan?

Circe (War of the Gods) the second film a little crossover between the JLA and WW

Ares and Genocide as the third movie.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@lilben42 said:

@OutlawRenegade: What is the biggest thing Cheetah has done or her plan?

Circe (War of the Gods) the second film a little crossover between the JLA and WW

Ares and Genocide as the third movie.

She likes power, so she would collect dangerous pulp artifacts. She and Wonder Woman would have to race around the world for them. Also Wonder Woman think Cheetah is her friend who has been cursed instead of being truly evil. And Genocide is just a bad doomsday ripoff.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Goddessa

Hades is actually not a WW villain. Ares is the major god villain of Diana.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#10  Edited By RazzaTazz

Cheetah would be best.  

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Goddessa said:

He was in Bruce Timm's Justice League. He was also her father in that iteration. Much cool than Ares IMO.

No Caption Provided
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilben42

@Goddessa: Hes not recurring or major but he was in there once or twice.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Goddessa

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

He was in Bruce Timm's Justice League. He was also her father in that iteration. Much cool than Ares IMO.

No Caption Provided

Yeah the cartoons, I know that. That Bruce Timm's JL is a fluke. Have you seen the Wonder Woman animated Film? Have you seen how Hades looks like there? This Justice League Hades character is suppose to be Ares, the look, the objective is no doubt should be Ares.

Hades is the lord of the underworld and the dead. Keeper of the souls. He actually has his hands full by that job description since all mortals die anyways, so why would he even bother go out of his realm and attack Diana, it makes no sense. You have to actually know Diana's history to be able to conclude which gods are in her immediate periphery.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Goddessa said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah the cartoons, I know that. That Bruce Timm's JL is a fluke. Have you seen the Wonder Woman animated Film? Have you seen how Hades looks like there? This Justice League Hades character is suppose to be Ares, the look, the objective is no doubt should be Ares.

Hades is the lord of the underworld and the dead. Keeper of the souls. He actually has his hands full by that job description since all mortals die anyways, so why would he even bother go out of his realm and attack Diana, it makes no sense. You have to actually know Diana's history to be able to conclude which gods are in her immediate periphery.

He wants to expand his domain, duh.

Ares also appeared on the show, and I've seen him in the WW animated film, and I've read mythology. In every appearance Ares is a weak, little *****. He's not at all interesting or cool as a villain.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Goddessa

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

No Caption Provided

Ares also appeared on the show, and I've seen him in the WW animated film, and I've read mythology. In every appearance Ares is a weak, little *****. He's not at all interesting or cool as a villain.

He can't do that, since Zeus and Poseidon won't allow him. They've partitioned the 3 realms of the earth and he gets to stay down below. Ares is not weak, the writers are.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darkman61288

If movie is following her new origins than Hera. If not I would say Ares or Circe. Honestly I would like to see a least one superhero movie do an original villian.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Goddessa said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

No Caption Provided

He can't do that, since Zeus and Poseidon won't allow him. They've partitioned the 3 realms of the earth and he gets to stay down below. Ares is not weak, the writers are.

That's a good motivation to me. He's mad at his brothers for getting the short straw in terms of domain. He wants to expand his domain and take them out--and would succeed if not for Diana. And Ares is always whiny when the chips are down--even in the movie you told me I should watch. He's a **** character.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Goddessa

@OutlawRenegade said:

That's a good motivation to me. He's mad at his brothers for getting the short straw in terms of domain. He wants to expand his domain and take them out--and would succeed if not for Diana. And Ares is always whiny when the chips are down--even in the movie you told me I should watch. He's a **** character.

Hades among the 3 of them is actually getting more powerful as time passes, all he needs to do is to sit down and wait for his 2 bothers to fall since he's the only one who doesn't need any worshippers to stay or augment his powers. He needs Ares to create war and death so he gets to keep more souls. I just said to watch the WW Film so you can compare Hades in JL and in the WW Film, since in the WW pretty much makes more sense of his looks coz he doesn't engage in battles at all, not look at Ares' character or powers there. The Bruce Timm photo of Hades that you posted is a rip-off of the actual Ares look in WW comics. Hades has less character than Ares, he's pretty much just gives in to the demand of Zeus unlike Demeter, and also Persephone keeps him in check. lol

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GolDEnsPectre

It depends on when the story takes place. If its the modern era then Circe but if they do like Captain America basing it in the 40s then it should be Baroness Von Gunther( just a more dangerous Gunther)

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jphulk26

Wonder Woman 1 - Ares and Circe teamup (Circe in the background) Based on Perez and Animated film origin, but more of a Batman Begins vibe about it.

Wonder Woman 2 - Paradise Lost - Alkyone (Based on the Circle arch)

Wonder Woman 3 - Hunters Moon - Cheetah, Veronica Cail

Wonder Woman 4 - Has to be Genocide, but updated. (I want Dr Psycho in there as well, but he´s too cool to be a side villain)

@darkman61288 said:

If movie is following her new origins than Hera. If not I would say Ares or Circe. Honestly I would like to see a least one superhero movie do an original villian.

Yeah they can leave that for Antman. @OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

Sometimes I really don´t get you.

Wonder Woman 1 - Ares and Circe teamup (Circe in the background) Based on Perez and Animated film origin, but more of a Batman Begins vibe about it.

Wonder Woman 2 - Paradise Lost - Alkyone (Based on the Circle arch)

Wonder Woman 3 - Hunters Moon - Cheetah, Veronica Cail

Wonder Woman 4 - Has to be Genocide, but updated. (I want Dr Psycho in there as well, but he´s too cool to be a side villain)

@darkman61288 said:

Yeah they can leave that for Antman. When I pay for a Superhero movie I want to see the characters I read in the comics brought to life.

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Goddessa said:

Sometimes I really don´t get you.

Ares has alot of potential as a WW villain, he´s great when written well and truly sinister. I mean you are aware these aren´t real people? and they are only as good a character as people write them. there´s alot they can build off with Ares. He make one of the best screen villains I think of many superheroes. He´s cooler than Green Goblin, more of a threat than Lex Luthor, just about as sinister as the Joker. Whats your problem with him?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Circe, and it could be successful provided that it's not handled by an incompetent director getting input from suits

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Goddessa

By the way she's being handled so far by the powers that be, I reckon she'll just be given a lackey, a drug lord, and if fans are lucky, an all out battle with the legendary Bigfoot (like the 70's Six Million Dollar Man tv show). Lol

ZEELLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By ZEELLO

Cheetah really? Then again I fail to see how she's WW's villain to begin with considering WW has Superman-level powers or supposedly she does. Cheetah certainly could be a villain in the movie, but the villain? I don't see where people are coming from.

I would think the villain would fall under one of these categories:

• a) DC Superpower
    • b) Greek mythos
    • c) one or more amazons (or the entire amazon race)
    • d) humankind
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By PowerHerc

Circe or Ares.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By End_Boss

Cheetah, because it would make me laugh.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jphulk26

@ZEELLO said:

Cheetah really? Then again I fail to see how she's WW's villain to begin with considering WW has Superman-level powers or supposedly she does. Cheetah certainly could be a villain in the movie, but the villain? I don't see where people are coming from.

I would think the villain would fall under one of these categories:

• a) DC Superpower
    • b) Greek mythos
    • c) one or more amazons (or the entire amazon race)
    • d) humankind

Cheetahs cool, but I think they´d need a villain who starts it off to give credibility to the film for a general audience. I just don´t see Cheetah, a ware-cheetah being that antagonist. I have to go with The God Of War. Who better to face Diana emisery of peace from Paradise Island than some one who inspires war, death and destruction, and whose soul purpose is to fan the flames of hate, plunging the world into all out war. His powers are great for film as well, Strength, speed, endurance, ability to control any weapon, necromancy, the ability to raise the dead. And he only gets more powerful the more conflict arises around him. That´s a real challenge for WW, and thematically fits in with her chatracter. He´s the man who will sell tickets to a WW film, especially if he´s made suave but savage at the same time.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lilben42

Ares would be great as a first film because it would focus around the Gods and Amazons which is needed for an origin. Maybe at the end of the movie she should take Steve back to "Mans land" after she deals with Ares, or Ares tries to create war to make him more powerful and to enslave mankind that would really bring out Dianas peace characteristic.

They could use Athenas wrath and Medusa turns her mother to stone under Athena's orders. Then Diana has to deal with Medusa basically a combination of the new 52 and the story arc stoned but then they would have to make Wonder Woman a demi god which I got to say not lovin. Like everything else though.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lilben42

@Crom-Cruach: I think if they did Circe some people would call it a girl version of Thor.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Bruxae

Cheetah is by far the most iconic id say but a little dull for a movie, I think Ares would be the best.. Circe my personal favorite.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@lilben42 said:

@Crom-Cruach: I think if they did Circe some people would call it a girl version of Thor.

Really don't see why given that they have nothing to do with each, are from completely different mythologies and have nothing in common personality wise.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By jointron33

Dear god, it ain't that hard. Just adapt Gods and Mortals. Meaning........Ares.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#32  Edited By TheCannon

To me, the only real options are Ares and Circe. I don't feel that Cheetah can be the main villain, though she'd be a perfect secondary villain.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Onemoreposter

Dr Psycho. No doubt in my mind. He's stands for everything Wondy stands against. Also, always found him to be one of the most genuinely creepy and borderline frightening rogues Diana has in her gallery.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By Hazlenaut

If they want to stand out Angle Man. Make him similar Walter White from Breaking Bad. Maybe he should be in the second movie.

SangriaMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SangriaMuffin

@goldenspectre: I think think that they should base the first Wonder Woman movie should be based during World War II. They would have to try and make sure it doesn't feel like a Captain America rip off but I think there are three major reasons a Wonder Woman movie needs to be based in that time period.

First off there is what we've been discussing here. Most of Wonder Woman's villains are pretty lame. Cheetah is pretty cool but I don't think she could carry a movie as the main villain. All that leaves you with is Ares and Circe, and if they wanted to go for a trilogy that isn't enough. That's why I agree with you that they should go back to World War II so they can use Baroness Von Gunther as the Villain for the first movie. Circe could work for a sequel, and since Ares is the most powerful he would be the best way to finish off the trilogy.

The second reason I think the movie should be set in that time period is because her origin story would work better in that context. I'm not sure why but I think if the tried to do her origin story set in modern time it would just come off as cheesy. Not to mention her costume. I don't think a modern day Wonder Woman would base her costume off the America flag but I think it would be easier to believe if it was set in that time period. They could modernize her costume in the second movie.

And the third reason is her strong feminists leanings. I think this is a very important part of the character but I'm afraid they might try and tone this part of her down so that don't alienate male viewers. I think male viewers would be more willing to get on board with her if she was fighting 1940's sexism. Setting her in this time period would also be a good way to establish her as a feminist icon in the DC Universe like she is in our own society.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circe or Ares are the ones I'd like to see first, then Cheetah. I don't think they should follow the best one for the last approach.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets follow the trend of every other Superhero movie!

Lets have her fight evil Amazons! Then maybe Cheetah at some point!

So like Artemis, Cheetah, Circe!

It actually seems that omitting the "far out" enemies seems to work nicely.

Fan cast, guess they want to make up for lost time!

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the many obstacles to making a good movie, they really need to lead with their best villain. Batman and Spider-Man (and maybe Superman) are the only franchises that are surefire trilogies, and thus can afford to hold some of their best stuff back. With Wonder Woman, WB needs to make sure they make the best movie possible and then, when that's a success, figure out where to go next.

For that reason, I think Ares makes the most sense - maybe with some involvement from Hades. That would tie into the mythological aspect (sticking to that angle also makes it easier to explain why Superman doesn't show up, since they are presumably part of the same universe), and would help establish her character - as an icon of peace in contrast to Ares' aggression.

Circe could then work in the second film - perhaps she's sort of enlisted to get revenge. Cheetah could be a part of her plot. I know this wouldn't be faithful to the comics, but Circe could use her magic to create Cheetah, then use her as a sort of "weapon."

Dr. Psycho could then be a good way to wrap up the series. It would be a different direction and could help finally establish Wonder Woman's connection to the world beyond Themyscira and mythology. If WB felt the need to keep piling on villains (which seems to be the trend in superhero trilogies these days), there are plenty of ways Silver Swan could work as well.

Of course, all of this presumes that WB will make a Wonder Woman movie. Let's hope we aren't jumping the gun too much.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Ares, Circe, Dr. Psycho, Cheetah.

I would like any of them to be in a movie

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dshipp17

@batmannflash said:

Ares, Circe, Dr. Psycho, Cheetah.

I would like any of them to be in a movie

They already tried using Ares and Cheetah in the 2009 animated file and they've been trying to use those characters in all tv projects involving Wonder Woman back to Justice League back to the Superfriends so I believe something different is now required; because of such, I can understand why people think they're her best options. Actually, I believe Giganta works better as an Apache Chief opposite, even with a connection with Wonder Woman, and I don't know why DC decided to separate them after the Superfriends. The best option in movie, media, and comics is now Dr. Psycho. So, I think a movie with Dr. Psycho and Silver Swan as Wonder Woman villains would be great (e.g. forces her to address a certain issue with both genders, potentially creating a foil against the Wonder Woman character); additionally, the blatant introduction of gender politics into these media would be great, since Wonder Woman already dangles itself around gender politics, or is at least perceived to be about gender politics. I think blatantly addressing gender politics would be the magic potion to draw in the female audience, also; nothing to lose and everything to gain taking that route.

SangriaMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess there is a point that they need to make the best movie possible so holding back villains might not be a good idea. Plus the idea of saving the best for last seems a little more scary after the failer of Iromman 3. I still feel like the villain in the movie should be female though. making her have to hunt down a rouge Amazonian. It would be a nice plot device for why she leaves the island. The whole having to bring back a gay who crashed was always a pretty weak story.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW 1- Ares (maybe you could have the Duke of Deception as a sidekick for Ares )

WW 2- Circe and Cheetah

WW 3- Genocide

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lilben42

@dmessmer: I feel as if Circe should be last.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

The villain of the first movie should be Ares. It would set a nice theme for the Wonder Woman film series since I feel like the themes of each of the big 3's films should be like this:

Superman- Sci Fi

Batman- Crime Thriller

Wonder Woman- Mythological Epic

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares or Circe ... I just don't know how they'll put Cheetah, or portray her, in a film.

SangriaMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SangriaMuffin

Okay well finally say Man of Steel and I realized a Would War 2 movie is out of the question. I still they could touch on it in a way. It sounds like they are going to do a Justice League movie first so they don't exactly have to an origin movie. I think they could talk about how she fought in World War 2 but went back to Themyscira and didn't leave again till the events of the Justice League movie. When she gets her own movie they can throw in a couple flash backs.

Anyways if hey are going to make a movie as epic as Man of Steel then I think it might just be best to do a Circe/Ares team up. I think the movie could be about Ares trying to start World War three using the resurgence of Themyscira into global awareness during the JL movie as his lynch pin. Wonder Woman would have to stop the war between the Amazons and the rest of the world then have a final battle with Ares at the end. Circe would basically be working for Ares and be the main bad guy for most the movie till Ares pops out at the end.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circe.

SangriaMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or the Amazonians could go to war with Atlantis

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheetah or Ares

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.