Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Who is the mysterious female villain?

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is the mysterious female villain? (21 votes)

Circe 33%
    Dr. Poison 0%
    Dr. Cyber 14%
    Genocide 0%
    Devastation 5%
    Decay 5%
    Silver Swan 14%
    Giganta 0%
    Paula von Gunther 14%
    Gundra the Valkyrie 5%
    Cyborgirl 0%
    Veronica Cale 10%

Lady Finch mentioned a new take on an old female villain. I doubt its Cheetah, since she's already defined in New 52.

• 
    Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm assuming old villain means someone from the golden age or at least pre-crisis.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Giganta has already appeared a few times so I doubt it's her.

Circe also appeared a couple times though I'm not sure they will keep that version.

Didn't Silver Swan appear somewhere? Maybe I just heard about her being used in the future. I'll go with Silver Swan though she doesn't grab me.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@muffin_sangria: she just said pre-flashpoint

Alright then I'm going to say Queen of Fables.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bsaa said:

@muffin_sangria: she just said pre-flashpoint

Golden Age is pre-Flashpoint and Diana had many female villains that time....

Golden Age

• Badra
    • Priscilla Rich (original Cheetah)
    • Countess Draska Nishki
    • Dalma
    • Eviless
    • Flamina
    • Hypnota
    • Zara
    • Queen Clea
    • Doctor Poison (Princess Maru)
    • Blue Snowman ( Byrna Brilliant).......................................................................

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bsaa
    Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Preflashpoint means before Flashpoint-paradox aka before the New 52. Unless there is some much older comic called Flashpoint that I'm unaware of. I know some people consider the reboot of Flash to be the start of the silver age but as far as it wasn't called Flashpoint at any point. I might be wrong but even if I am I assume they were referring to the Flashpoint that started the New 52.

I'd like to see more characters from the Golden Age too but I'd really love it is Queen of Fables became one of Wonder Woman's central rouges. I know she was introduced in Justice League, and was only really in one Wonder Woman comic but I know she has a lot of potential as a Wonder Woman villain. I see her becoming Wonder Woman's Mxyzptlk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Preflashpoint means before Flashpoint-paradox aka before the New 52. Unless there is some much older comic called Flashpoint that I'm unaware of. I know some people consider the reboot of Flash to be the start of the silver age but as far as it wasn't called Flashpoint at any point. I might be wrong but even if I am I assume they were referring to the Flashpoint that started the New 52.

I'd like to see more characters from the Golden Age too but I'd really love it is Queen of Fables became one of Wonder Woman's central rouges. I know she was introduced in Justice League, and was only really in one Wonder Woman comic but I know she has a lot of potential as a Wonder Woman villain. I see her becoming Wonder Woman's Mxyzptlk.

Jesus Crist...........mate.

She means Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe and not the minisseries.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CSG_CL

@muffin_sangria: meh, I always thought QoF was kinda lame ... Clea or Dr. Poison or Circe seem to have the most potential IMO

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I think QoF has a lot of potential as a villain. The way I saw it she's basically a True Fae like in "Changlings: The Lost". Basically the personification of a a fairy-tale archetype who is empowered by belief the same ways the Gods are. It think pinning Wonder Woman against the personification of the Evil Queen/Evil Step-mother achetype makes for a great rouge for her. Also while she already has Circe as her main magic villain I think it's great to add in a straight up reality warper like Mxyzptlk.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

@csg_cl: Well the difference I saw was that Circe was more of just an immortal sorceress where as QoF was more like a god in her own right. Circe's magic tended to require a pretty heavy use of ritual where as QoF merely bent reality to her will. I've only actually read the Wonder Woman issue with QoF so I might actually be a little off on my interpretation, but I'd see her being brought into the New 52 as more of a "True Fae".

I see Circe as essentially being Wonder Woman's Lex Luthor. Someone who is essentially powerless, but uses their cunning and resources (knowledge of magic) to make themselves into their much more powerful advisory's equal. Like I said before QoF would be more like Wonder Woman's Mxyzptlk. A more or less nigh omnipotent being who's basically dedicated themselves to trolling the protagonist. Although I think QoF would do it in a bit more of a malevolent way.

Also with the 52 establishing Wonder Woman as being as powerful as the top Greek Gods I think that's going to rule out a lot of the lesser Greek mythological creatures as reasonable threats. I think this means the DC will have to start looking into other mythologies even more to give her viable threats. This would include Norse, Egyptian, Hindu, and Judo-Christian mythologies, but I think it could also include creating new things like the "True Fae" pantheon of which QoF would be the primary threat.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing Circe, though who knows. Circe would be a good bridge between Azzarello's heavy mythology and something else. We know the Swamp Thing is involved somehow - maybe Circe (who uses herbs and the like and, in Greek mythology, liked to turn people into animals) is connected to him somehow.

Of course, all we can do is speculate. I just hope it doesn't suck.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: I like where you are going with the idea ... I still see Circe as able to fulfill moat of it, they haven't really shown her to us in N52 so her power set is still undefined. But I think your outline of QoF is a petty cool outline for a new villain for Diana to regularly face.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.