Who Do You Think Wonder Woman´s True Archenemy is? Ares or Cheeta

• 74 results
#51 Posted by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa: I also like Ares cause he has interesting powers:

Powers and abilities

As do all the Olympian gods, Ares possesses tremendous strength, though he is now perhaps the physically strongest of them. Moreover, he is a master of conflict and strategy, and has complete command over any weapon. His armor is virtually indestructible. He can regenerate his physical being into any form he wishes and can teleport himself and others, as well as alter reality to whatever he desires. He is now also recognized as the Death god of the Greek Pantheon and thus has control over the dead.

Being a god, he is also immortal.

They ought to be used more; summoning the dead and control over all weapons. That could make for a decent fight against Diana.

#52 Posted by knighthood (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a new WW reader, but I'm leaning towards Ares.

#53 Posted by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: That's good to hear! Hope you you enjoy the ride with the amazon :)

#54 Posted by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: I doubt your favourite Azzarello would dwell into that. LOL

#55 Posted by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa: Azz who? Sorry I don´t know this Azzerrelo your talking about, I thought DC have stopped writing WW comics after Simone´s run. ;)

That´s my way of saying he no longer exists to me. JMS I only forgive because of his Superman Earth One.-

#56 Posted by Captain13 (3834 posts) - - Show Bio

Circe

#57 Posted by SmashBrawler (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

Angle Man.

#58 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

@Goddessa: Azz who? Sorry I don´t know this Azzerrelo your talking about, I thought DC have stopped writing WW comics after Simone´s run. ;)

LOL

#59 Posted by darkman61288 (823 posts) - - Show Bio

WW true archenemy is ... bad writers.

#60 Posted by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: lol, very true. I would say its DC exec´s who seem to have a hardon for Batman and superman.

#61 Posted by Squalleon (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares!

He is WW masterplaner the Luthor of WW or her Joker!

He represents everything that Amazons hate in the men's world!

#62 Edited by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa: I like a lot of WW villains. But I´d like you to think of it in this way. Which villain do you think would be easier to sell to the general public who think WW is silly? Don´t get me wrong, I like a lot of WW villains now that on the face of things appear to be silly, but when you look into aren´t.

For me, to re-introduce WW to the world:

You need a villain that can relate to modern sensibilities. With Ares character and power set, controlling weapons, summoning zombies, growing more powerful by causing chaos. I just think he´s easier to get than Circe or Cheetah. He´s more marketable than Circe as a villain. You just need to watch the animated film to see that.

For me if I were to push WW villains, it would be in this order right now. Just in terms of would they sell comics.

1. Ares

2. Genocide (but a revised version, as modern warfare machine, guns and all. Think death stroke accept with god like super strength, and other dirty weapons)

3. Dr. Psycho

4. Dr. Poison ( she could really be revised and work quite well, she has a great look, and is just begging to be modernised)

5. Circe - would take this spot, she´s great and witchcraft is in in terms of fantasy being in again.

6. The Hellions Crow Children

Then after all these guys, then I´d put Cheetah. People outside of comics who hear her main villain is Cheetah, and is a humonoid cheetah just snigger. it hasn´t got the same simple hook as Ares God Of War. its just instantly comprensible what you are getting in to.

@Squalleon said:

Ares!

He is WW masterplaner the Luthor of WW or her Joker!

He represents everything that Amazons hate in the men's world!

See thats what I think, and I just think he´s a hell of a lot easier to get than Cheetah. Especially for people who don´t like WW. An event with Ares and possibly Genocide as his henchman/woman that gets JL involved, I think would sell comics well.

Actually I thought the other day of a story where Ares creates Genocide, (won´t go into how) and she is redesigned (genocide) as a kind of mechaniod warrior bizzaro Wonder Woman, accept kitted out with the dirtiest and most destructive weapons of modern warfare. So instead of swords, and axes like WW, she has guns, dirty bombs and poisoness gasses and agents, all as part of her limbs and body, but also she has immense strength, agility and durabilty like WW, possibly even more. Last, she has the ability to turn anyone around her into a murderous rage if she wants to. She can get into their head, somehow making them feel pure hatred for all around them. This could be cool, because it means the JL can´t do anything about it. Maybe Superman tries to help and then just comes out completely insane wanting to destroy everything and it takes the whole JL and a plan by Batman to take him down. This is after WW has been given a beat down by Genocide, so she´s in in a coma. When she wakes, she realises what has happened and that JL can´t do anything about it, cause they are so powerful, they can´t allow Genocide to get in their head or they could destroy the whole planet, so its left to WW to defeat her, because she´s the only one who can´t be decieved by illusion, so Genocides power doesn´t work on her. Now that is how I see WW ending up selling comics. Simple story but affective. It would also establish two of her villains as genuine bad asses.

#63 Posted by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: Yeah I've seen the animated film, I actually own one. Ares and Diana were a bit de-powered there I reckon.

If it's gonna be a relaunch issue or storyline, I will agree to have Ares as main antagonist, simply because Diana's objective is to stop Ares' from spreading his chaotic powers upon mankind. Depending on the treatment, Circe can be very popular with boys/men, package her as very powerful sexy vixen, wearing next to nothing. She's not only a witch, but her powers rival that of the gods, she once went toe to toe with Diana, matching her strength while being watched by her daughter Lyta (I forgot the issue nos) and she once turned the whole male population of earth into animals. She'll also be in-charge of all the sexual undertones in WW comics ;)

A storyline can develop wherein Circe will follow Diana from the land of Myth's and will either influence or one way or another be responsible in creating WW's rouges gallery like Genocide, Giganta (total make over), and even the Cheetah whom she'll battle individually or even a team up.

Dr Poison should team up with Dr. Psycho, I reckon, after battling the likes of Ares and Circe, having any of these Doctors as a single villain is a walk thru the park.

I will also put Queen Clea as solo villain coz she can be powerful if written correctly.

#64 Posted by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa: @Goddessa said:

@jphulk26: Yeah I've seen the animated film, I actually own one. Ares and Diana were a bit de-powered there I reckon.

If it's gonna be a relaunch issue or storyline, I will agree to have Ares as main antagonist, simply because Diana's objective is to stop Ares' from spreading his chaotic powers upon mankind. Depending on the treatment, Circe can be very popular with boys/men, package her as very powerful sexy vixen, wearing next to nothing. She's not only a witch, but her powers rival that of the gods, she once went toe to toe with Diana, matching her strength while being watched by her daughter Lyta (I forgot the issue nos) and she once turned the whole male population of earth into animals. She'll also be in-charge of all the sexual undertones in WW comics ;)

A storyline can develop wherein Circe will follow Diana from the land of Myth's and will either influence or one way or another be responsible in creating WW's rouges gallery like Genocide, Giganta (total make over), and even the Cheetah whom she'll battle individually or even a team up.

Dr Poison should team up with Dr. Psycho, I reckon, after battling the likes of Ares and Circe, having any of these Doctors as a single villain is a walk thru the park.

I will also put Queen Clea as solo villain coz she can be powerful if written correctly.

I actually like Queen Clea as well, but the problem is she´s Atlantien and I dont think they´ve addressed before how that fits in with Aquaman, which is a major problem.

I also forgot Alkyone and The Circle from my list. Silly me, she´s a great WW villain. I haven´t put Giganta on my list, just cause i´ve never liked her. I don´t like any hero or villains whose power is based on growing and shrinking. I don´t think she deserves a stand alone or event comic storyline to be perfectly honest.

I think in terms of teams that would work. I´d put together.

1) Ares Genocide

For obvious reasons.

2) Circe can work well with Alkyone or The Gorgans as a great team.

I think if Circe is trying to take over the world, Alkyone could be really useful. She could get the renegade Amazons (I forget their name and with magical weapons they could invade.

3) Dr Psycho and Dr Poison. That´s a great combo. I´d love if they did that. But they could also work with Cheetah

4) Cheetah and Circe could work really well.

5) Veronica Cale could be a part of Ares story line, building a cyborg weapon, which Ares then infuses with the spirit of war and death, ending up being genocide. Obviously she won´t know its Ares.

6) The Crow Children and again Ares in the background would be great.

This would

#65 Posted by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: Ares with Genocide is probably too much for Diana if they team up! Hahahaha

I would like Giganta to be a permanent giant like a escaped Titan from Tartarus who is hell bent on destroying the Amazons for keeping them locked in there for centuries.

Circe and Cheetah would be a good team up and they can actually work well together.

Queen Clea can be from another underwater lost city like Lemuria instead of Atlantis.

I also would like to have a new villain, like the amazon who went against her in the final round of the contest. The amazon that could have been Wonder Woman, full of jealousy as well, highly trained, and has this burning hatred for men...she can be the new Shim'Tar :)

#66 Posted by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

1. True about Ares and genocide, but I´m thinking more that Genocide is created by Ares. She´s his puppet, not both of them taking her on at the same time.

I see it like this WW starts to actually achieve great strides in her mission of peace, settling conflicts around the world that, Ares was secretly stirring for years. She´s become famous, kind of like a Mother Terressa or Princess Diana figure, everyone loves her. Everything from simple street gang wars, to, major conflicts she´s come in and successfully settled through means of diplomacy. Ares gets pissed, even knowing the pact he made with WW, he never knew she´d be so successful, he realises she´s diminishing his powers, just at a time when he was going to make a move on Zeus for leadership of Mount Olympus. This is what sets him off to create Genocide. I´ll have Venessa Cale have something to do with it as well. Thats the basic background

I think Ares tends to not like to get his hands dirty. So the way I´d do it is how I said; Genocide defeats WW, when WW doesn´t know who or what Genocide is (just that she´s ingnited a huge, gang war that is engulfing her city and the police can´t handle), JLA come in after Diana is utterly destroyed to help her, but Gen not only puts the hurt on JLA she turns Superman crazy, and he almost kills one of the team till Batman stops him but gets seriously hurt in the process, WW realizes she has to face Genocide alone, prepares and then finally battles her defeating her, This is when Ares steps in, saying if you want to do something right do it yourself kind of thing. Ares who has only teased at his powers finally shows them in full, he takes on the remaining able bodied members of The JL with Wonder Woman (maybe Flash and Green Lantern), they are slowly being worn down by him, and then superman spell finally lifts and he begins to see clearly, realizing what he´s done to Batman, he´s seriously pissed, and goes straight for Ares, Ares obviously has the upper-hand even against Superman, but eventually together the team divise some plan to defeat him. Possibly even having Diana call upon one of The Gods Of Olympus to help her.

That would be the basic backbone of the story for me. Like a 10 part event storyline.

I really like your idea for Giganta. do you mean she´d look like some Juiced up super strong warrior, maybe she could come from the other island of amazons? that could somehow fit in your story.

Again good idea for Queen Clea.

Yep again nice idea for a new villain, Shim Tar, or even Nubia that would be cool. But I´d like DC to focus on her existing villains. Its great giving her new ones, but none of them will ever be established if every writer keeps creating one off villains that no one ever comes back to.

Look at Azzerrelo, his supersmart story has a whole new set of villains, but are any memorable? even if you think the story is good, no ones going to come back to villains he´s established, which is too bad. I´m sure even in his run somethings can be salvaged.

What do you think of bringing Red Panza back?

God damn it we should just write WW for DC, it would be so much better. ;)

#67 Posted by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: Your storyline is interesting, I'll buy it :)

Giganta will be a super muscled Titan woman, armoured on the parts where she was covered with the animal prints (I really don't like the latest version of Giganta and the cartoon one), immortal, Invulnerable, and with strength rivalling that of Atlas.

My idea for the new amazon is actually giving way for a good history for an old villain like Shim Tar or Alkyone.

Red Panzer the Nazi? Hmmm I'm not really keen in having Diana battle the old Nazi villains, let Captain America dwell on that Hahaha

I would like also to have a revamped Egg Fu or simply call it Fu, a high tech egg shaped spider robot built by the extremist organization in Communist China supported by the New High Tech Villainy Inc which would include an upgraded Cyborgirl, Mayfly, revamped Silver Swan (without wings but instead more like techno suit but still with amped sonic scream), Trinity, and headed by Veronica Cale.

#68 Posted by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@jphulk26: Your storyline is interesting, I'll buy it :)

Giganta will be a super muscled Titan woman, armoured on the parts where she was covered with the animal prints (I really don't like the latest version of Giganta and the cartoon one), immortal, Invulnerable, and with strength rivalling that of Atlas.

My idea for the new amazon is actually giving way for a good history for an old villain like Shim Tar or Alkyone.

Red Panzer the Nazi? Hmmm I'm not really keen in having Diana battle the old Nazi villains, let Captain America dwell on that Hahaha

I would like also to have a revamped Egg Fu or simply call it Fu, a high tech egg shaped spider robot built by the extremist organization in Communist China supported by the New High Tech Villainy Inc which would include an upgraded Cyborgirl, Mayfly, revamped Silver Swan (without wings but instead more like techno suit but still with amped sonic scream), Trinity, and headed by Veronica Cale.

Again I like, I like the idea of putting all her Cyborg villains in a team.

I wouldn´t make Red Panza a Nazi anymore. I think he´d be a body guard for some modern day rogue regime, maybe one created, that Diana takes interest in.

#69 Edited by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: Now where do we sign up so we can actually start writing for Diana?! :)

#70 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of fun ideas here. Where do you sing up indeed!?!

#71 Posted by Goddessa (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: And given how good you are with your artwork, you should be pencilling or doing the whole artwork of Wonder Woman or the Justice League :)

#72 Edited by jphulk26 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: @Goddessa: Dudes let do it. :)

By the way on a serious note Press Oblivion, did u read my WW fan trailer, I´m writing that as a full script, maybe you could illustrate it? We could post it in parts on the site?

#73 Posted by Press Oblivion (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like fun LOL

#74 Posted by Speedforce23 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheeta

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.