Who can replace Wonder Women

• 93 results
#1 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

in the big 3??

#2 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by War Killer (19484 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Zatanna get a little more exposure, maybe not in DC's Trinity, but in the DC Universe and among the Justice League and other superheroines at large.

#4 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7633 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody.

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

Nobody.

#6 Posted by kindleaustralia1 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

According to me no one can replace the wonder woman.She is too good and I think no one can give a name for the place of her.

She is really a wonder.

Exposes are not necessary but some time it matters specially in actions.

#7 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Nobody.

Not even Zantanna??

#8 Posted by Owen_Porter (83239 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say no one, but after seeing a post up above I'll say Black Canary is an excellent choice. Always felt she made a great JLA leader.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9914 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Nobody.

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

I'd say no one, but after seeing a post up above I'll say Black Canary is an excellent choice. Always felt she made a great JLA leader.

Every single time I think of Dinah's time as leader of the League, I chuckle as I remember this.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@dementedtheclown said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Nobody.

Not even Zantanna??

I like Zatanna allot more than WW but nope she can't do it

#12 Posted by CarolStrick (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Big 3? There is no Big 3. There's a Big 2: Superman and Batman. Below them: Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

Below them come everyone else. And no, there is no substitute, not even the "Wonder Woman" they're publishing now.

#13 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7633 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can replace Wonder Woman in the big three. Every group has certain needs, and the membership of the group must be selected to meet these needs.

Batman brings money, investigative abilities, political connections, a massive amount of stealth skills and infiltration ability. Also he brings the perspective of a normal man, while a healthy does of suspicion. Enough to plot against his friends, to ensure the balance of power.

Superman brings his host of versatile powers, his good-hearted nature, and a great deal of usefulness in combat. He's a leader people respect, and look up to. He's also a moral center people can look to in times of confusion and chaos. You can trust him to do the right thing, no matter what.

Wonder Woman brings something no one else brings. A warriors nature. She is trained to fight, experienced at fighting, knowledgeable about strategy, tactics and diplomacy. She fills the groups need for someone to deal with magical threats, she is a contact to the magical world, and knows about the mythical creatures of their universe. But most importantly she is willing to do what the other two won't. She's willing to kill.

She's willing to accept that sometimes it has to be done, and she is willing to accept the moral cost of doing it. Its against the nature of the other two, but they don't need some random powerful magic killer on their team, they need someone who can be trusted to make the decision with someones life. Someone who has the wisdom and judgement to make the call, someone who has the power to kill, and someone who has the emotional strength to carry the burden.

No one can replace Batman, or Superman.

And no one can replace Wonder Woman.

#14 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna Troy!

#15 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (8754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: I agree no one can replace in the Big 3. Two people that may come close is Zatanna and Black Canary

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Donna Troy!

#17 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Donna Troy!

LOL, I was originally going to say Donna Troy but then I realized that as similar as they are, they can be very different also.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: It's as close as it's going to get.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I know people are going to flip out about this but if you're talking overall fame including media other than comics Robin is probably more well known than virtually any other DC character aside from Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman

#20 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: yeah thats pretty true.

But when i say no one, no one can replace WW, i mean it! its impossible to replace her, or the big 3!

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62: I know I'm just saying if you're rating the big 3 by how well known a character is overall and you removed WW from the list Robin would be the next in line.

#22 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Robin being next in line ... this is my personal opinion - i dont think he could replace WW for one of the big 3.

I meant to my other reply, Robin is well considerably well known, but he cant replace WW.....thats my opinion though:)

WW is the biggest Female Superheroe of all time, most well known, i just cant see anyone replacing her...

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62: I wasn't saying he could replace her just that if she weren't there Robin is a lot more well known than most of the options presented as replacements

#24 Edited by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan.

LOL Flash I think.

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't Like Dinah in the JLA.

#26 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I just dont think anyone can replace WW, shes a legend.

no one can replace WW

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62: I don't either I was just stating a hypothetical

#28 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: yeah ... its just robin has never been a superman, batman and wonder woman ... u know what i mean ...

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62: I know what you mean I was just rating him on how well known he is as opposed to someone like say Green Lantern who while currently gaining notoriety isn't an instantly recognizable character to people outside of comics where as everyone who knows about Batman knows who Robin is

#30 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Yeah your right, its just Robin, well i dont know, i just dont see him being one of the big three, he could replace someone like GL but WW no, you see what i mean?...:)

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62: I understand what you meant, my point though has nothing to do with power or presence or any of that what I was saying is based purely on name recognition

#32 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Yeah I get you now, hmm if she were to be replaced which wont happen yeah i'd go with robin as well .. though to me no one can replace WW:)

#33 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

I always liked Black Canary when I didn't know very much about her but once I read her time as leader of the JLA I really started to think of her negatively, I don't dislike her but BOP was one of the only 5 books I didn't read at the start of the new 52

#34 Posted by divingfalcon713 (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody. The big three just work so splendidly the way they are. Batman is the dark, Superman is the light, and Wonder Woman is the balance between them. To me, that dynamic is what makes them the Trinity.

#35 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Zatanna would be my choice, although it wont happen.

#36 Posted by Billy Batson (56927 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan, they're slowly trying to anyway.
BB

#37 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

Nobody.

#38 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13895 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL!

#39 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Barda or Maxima

#40 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

@CarolStrick: This is correct.

Also I find it hilarious all the people suggesting other female characters to replace her.

Green Lantern is already bigger than Wonder Woman by light years, and I don't even like Green Lantern, I mean Green Lantern has had multiple series and isn't he getting a CG cartoon? he's had a movie even if it sucked, (I never saw it).

#41 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Big 3 I'd think the one you'd want to replace would be Superman, not Wonder Woman.

#42 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Why?

#43 Posted by Owen_Porter (83239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Gambler said:

Every single time I think of Dinah's time as leader of the League, I chuckle as I remember this.

Cant lie, thats pretty badass but...

#44 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: My scan wins because it came afterwards. Even Ollie couldn't bring himself to support her against Hal, haha.
#45 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

@fodigg: Why?

He's arguably as tough to sell as Wonder Woman (although his name recognition can't be compared to, of course) and I think his power level makes him harder to write. I think that Diana's "new 52" revamp is going swimmingly while Clark's has, well, been no better or worse than any of the other retellings of his origin that have come out lately, which isn't great overall. Promoting a newer character into his slot would accomplish as much as replacing wonder woman but without the gender disparity issues to worry about.

Basically I'm arguing that of the trinity, Batman is the only character that's really successful across all media and therefore untouchable. Superman, however, seems to be assumed untouchable more because of "sacred cow" status, while poor Diana--who is having some great stories told about her right now and has a lot to work with now that they're embracing the Greek myth portion of the character--is constantly treated as a 3rd wheel.

If I had to pick a "new 52 trinity" from the characters currently on the JLA, I'd go with Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg. Put the emphasis on the new guy with the modern powers and don't cut the only woman in the group. Especially because thematically that creates a nice dynamic of Diana as the old, mythic world, Bruce as the present, modern world, and Cyborg as a glimpse of the future.

#46 Posted by Owen_Porter (83239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Correction, your scan loses because it IS Hal, he's a b!tch. You know it, I know it, and every member of the Bat-Fam knows it :P

#47 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

@Morpheus_: Correction, your scan loses because it IS Hal, he's a b!tch. You know it, I know it, and every member of the Bat-Fam knows it :P

And we're done.
#48 Posted by Lvenger (16048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Hal Jordan, they're slowly trying to anyway.
BB

This is my answer. I made a thread a while back about whether Hal was replacing Diana or not and got some responses back from some diehard WW fans who said that no one could replace WW. Though given that the GL world has 4 titles in the New 52, a movie and animated series to himself, I do think that Hal has replaced Wonder Woman as the third member of the Big DC 3.

#49 Posted by Owen_Porter (83239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Sure we are, sure we are.

#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: Non canon, mein freund.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.