Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Which pairing do you hate more?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Poll Which pairing do you hate more? (176 votes)

JL.TAS- Batman 47%
    New 52- Superman 36%
    Neither 14%

Which of these parings do you hate more?

Justice League Animated Series

OR

New 52

• 
    keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By keithcolby1995

@saint_wildcard: Wonder Woman is on a whole different level then Babs. We actually do not even see the BM and BG relationship. It was just hinted at.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: Wonder Woman is on a whole different level then Babs. We actually do not even see the BM and BG relationship. It was just hinted at.

Actually she talked about it in the show. In the comics it's even worse cus he got her preggers and he still would not leave the cape. I don't see how WW is on an other level, if the relationship couldn't even get started what would be different if they had dated?

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really hate either, I hate how SM/WW had no build up. At least in the show and comics, they flirted, but they never had a real pairing. I wish BM and WW would get together. She is the only one that could give him a reasonable character development.... Plus I loved the cartoon growing up... Good times.

Do you hear yourself?

You're basically saying you want them together for the sake of Batman and not a damn about Wonder Woman lol

Also you're reasoning kind of suck too and please don't elaborate because I'm sure I know your responds and I'm not in the mood to hear about some fan fantasy B.S.

My favorite Superhero is martian manhunter, and I wish MH and WW would get together. She is the only one that could give him a reasonable character development + the hell with what make sense for Wonder Woman. We have to do it for J'onn

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it really talked about in the show? It has been years since I have seen the cartoon. I remember that Bruce and her had a phone conversation and he acted like the phone disconnected. When was the pregnant part in the comics???

Wonder Woman is a woman, compared to Babs being a teenager or a very young adult in comics. WW actually could break Bruce down if she wanted to, and never shied away from him. Also did you read JL #80? Compared to all of Bruce's other love interests, WW has the best chance to actually getting through to Bruce. Also she liked him for him. The warrior, his will to carry on his mission no matter the cost, and so on and so on. Really there isn't a chance for him now, since the New 52 came. Maybe the next reboot mate :/

RickJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By RickJ

I voted for Batman and I never seen any of the Justice League cartoon, but I watch Super Friends =) I also wanted to note, I simply can't picture them two being no more then good friends, but Superman on the other hand seems like a glass slipper for Wonder Woman.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daequanwiley: Wonder Woman can gain too, but she will just live on for centuries. Bruce actually will die of old age, so he is the main priority. Plus, I think she is perfect already haha.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daequanwiley: MM and WW would be pretty interesting. MM would gain a lot of character development as well... hmmm I think this is my new Ship.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it really talked about in the show? It has been years since I have seen the cartoon. I remember that Bruce and her had a phone conversation and he acted like the phone disconnected. When was the pregnant part in the comics???

Loading Video...

It's in the Batman Beyond comic, I think recently. I don't read the series though, I plan on getting it in trades though, some insane s**t is going on in it.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Ohhhh, I never watched that show. I watched Batman TAS, JL, JLU, Xmen, and all the others, except that one. The villains in that show were weird except for the DeeDees.

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By daequanwiley

@keithcolby1995 said:

@daequanwiley: MM and WW would be pretty interesting. MM would gain a lot of character development as well... hmmm I think this is my new Ship.

Hell while we're at it let's think of some more male characters Wonder Woman can help developed, since she is just a tool for DC male characters.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daequanwiley: I wouldn't go that far. I was really just kidding about MM&WW. The only people I can see WW with is Aquaman or Bats.

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By daequanwiley

@keithcolby1995 said:

@daequanwiley: I wouldn't go that far. I was really just kidding about MM&WW. The only people I can see WW with is Aquaman or Bats.(Zero Sense)

OMG now you are just bench wagging off another user statement on this thread, about the only people they can see WW with is Superman or Aquaman!

I'm willing to believe WW/MH make a better pairing then WW/BM and I'm not kidding about that >_<

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By daequanwiley

@reactor said:

....uh, what exactly is sexist about "both are strong so they have to hook up."?

Besides that, your logic is absurd and warped. At first, I liked the BM/WW pairing because it was kinda funny, especially in the episode where they became kids. As I got older and saw the series again, I realized I really didn't care for it, and then when I saw it in the comics, it flat-out made zero sense. These two have nothing in common, have no similar interests (aside from being superheroes), don't spend time or hang out together, they don't even fight their battles the same way. They practically exist worlds apart. At least with SM/WW, they've established common interests, related to each other and spend time together like normal couples. At least they actually talk to each other, and are loyal to each other, as opposed to Batman's "woman of the week".

This guy had hit head it right on the head with this statement.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daequanwiley: LOL what? I said it because that is what I think.

Steve Trevor - Falling for the first male you see is stupid.

Superman - They have nothing in common, except for their colors and some of their powers. They had no build up and was just was rushed. Superman and Lois >

Nemesis - She never really loved

Atleast Aquaman and Wonder Woman have similarities and could make some very entertaining comics

While the Justice League show with Batman and Wonder Woman was cute. And the comic run between them were entertaining and showed their affection for each other. They could actually reasonably be together except for the fact that WW is pretty much immortal.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The WW boards are an angry scary place.... I LOVE IT!!!

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By daequanwiley

@keithcolby1995 said:

@daequanwiley: LOL what? I said it because that is what I think.

Steve Trevor - Falling for the first male you see could make sense for a comic book story, or any other fictional story at that.

Batman - They have nothing in common, not even color pallet, powers, or even story wise. I'm just clinging to this non sense, due to a childhood cartoon show were they added cute elements to please a 4yr old

Nemesis - She never really loved

Atleast Aquaman and Wonder Woman have similarities and could make some very entertaining comics

No Caption Provided

Zzzzzz -- While the Justice League show with Batman and Wonder Woman was cute. And the comic run between them were entertaining and showed their affection for each other.They could actually reasonably be together except for the fact that WW is pretty much immortal.

Correction added, you're welcome ;)

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By keithcolby1995
    daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I'm saying is we would have this debate if it was a different female in the Justice League.

Let's say Starfire was the only female in the Justice League instead of Wonder Woman. I'm pretty sure Batfans would say she look best with Batman then anyone else, even though MH would be a more logical choice. Just because she's the only female in the group and knowing Batfans they will literally come up with anything to make this paring make sense, and will also say things like MH & Starfire are to perfect for each other since they're both are aliens from another planet, also can identify with one of another, both have the same middle name, both are animal lovers, and etc...

So I exiting from this endless debate, were any type of logic is thrown out the door.

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By daequanwiley
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@farkam: No idea but it seems like it's an alt account.

daequanwiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm BATMAN

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted neither. I love the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship, and wish they would have stayed together from Joe Kelly's JLA run. I don't think Superman and Wonder Woman should stay together, but I'm thoroughly enjoying every issue with them as a couple!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.