Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Which artists do you want to draw Wonder Woman '77?

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DonJack

Since the art duties is going to be rotating through the series, which artists would you like to see drawing Wonder Woman '77?

I'm not that fond of Phil Jimenez, specially about his recent works, but I'm betting he's gonna draw one or more issues, and he is drawing a perfect Lynda Carter face.

No Caption Provided

Marcus To's Wonder Woman in Sensation Comics reminded me a bit of Lynda and I think he would be a good one

No Caption Provided

I think it's not a popular choice but I'd like to see Frank Cho drawing it, since his female characters faces are actually based on Lynda, and I like his style, even though he should not go into the cheesecake territory.

No Caption Provided

For a more cartoony style, I'd like Glen Hanson, even though I don't know if he does comic books. This would be more suitable for a crossover with Batman '66.

No Caption Provided

It would be great if he also did interior art, but for covers I think it's almost certain we will see one from Adam Hughes and one from Alex Ross. They are big fans of the series.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'd love to see Cliff Chiang doing some art for it because he's my favorite WW artist, but now he is busy in Image so it's unlikely. Maybe a cover, though?

So... your turn.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ariesxmasters

I'll stick with David Finch. I think he does a good enough job.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FoamBorn

It would almost be unfair to Jimenez to not get a chance, you can tell from browsing through his instagram account how much he's trained himself to do this. Also I think Chris Sprouse would be a good choice, he's done art for Batman '66 and is currently doing some for Sensation Comics

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DonJack

I saw Andreyko contacting Jimenez on twitter, it's probably all conected.

Chris Sprouse would be great too.

Maybe Terry Dodson? He made wonderful spin scenes

No Caption Provided

Also, Yanick Paquette? I like the idea of having artists who previously worked with WW giving their view on the TV show...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can do without Cho taking on Wonder Woman. He's a good artist, but I'd rather not take the chance on him going boobie crazy. I feel the same about Adam Hughes. Just me.

Jae Lee would be cool. Chiang, for sure. I thought Marguerite Sauvage did a great job on her rendering of Wonder Woman in Sensation Comics #7. I'd like to see that again. Oh, and Becky Cloonan! That would be awesome!

ord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Frank Cho will be the best choice

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By judasnixon

Phil Noto.......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.