Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Where to start with Wonder Woman?

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Avengers_4everXX

I bought volume 1 of Wonder Woman and loved it, and I want to support her series(because apparently any title, no matter how well written, is in danger of getting cancelled if it isn't Bat-or-Superman related), and I wanted to know if issue 20 is a good place to start? Is it the beginning of a new story arc, or should I buy a few back issues to catch up?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, issue 20 is not a bad place to get started, but there's always value in back tracking a little.

Enjoy

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

If you're able to I would recommend getting all of them since Wonder Woman kinda seems like its just been one big arc so far.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman volume 2 by perez,then ruka run.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Vol. 2 of Azzarello's run is great and has one of my favorite WW issues (#10) so I'd definitely advice to get that book.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the question is about the current run, right? It's possible to jump in now, but I would advise reading the earlier issues - this is a story that's been building since day one. Also, the run has been really good, so it's a quality read (and the first 12 issues are available in 2 TPBs).

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#6  Edited By cbishop

I recommend reading all of the back issues - it is just a great series. The first several issues are hard to find though, so it's good that you've got the trade paperback. Volume 2 is out also, so that'd leave you not as many single issues to find.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer said:

I think the question is about the current run, right? It's possible to jump in now, but I would advise reading the earlier issues - this is a story that's been building since day one. Also, the run has been really good, so it's a quality read (and the first 12 issues are available in 2 TPBs).

This!

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By lightsout

New 52 WW has pretty much been 1 giant arc. It might be more enjoyable to read everything so far. (If we're talking pre-52, I made a thread on here where I got great recommendations)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.