Where to start with Wonder Woman?

Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought volume 1 of Wonder Woman and loved it, and I want to support her series(because apparently any title, no matter how well written, is in danger of getting cancelled if it isn't Bat-or-Superman related), and I wanted to know if issue 20 is a good place to start? Is it the beginning of a new story arc, or should I buy a few back issues to catch up?

#1 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, issue 20 is not a bad place to get started, but there's always value in back tracking a little.

Enjoy

#2 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're able to I would recommend getting all of them since Wonder Woman kinda seems like its just been one big arc so far.

#3 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman volume 2 by perez,then ruka run.

#4 Posted by bloggerboy (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Vol. 2 of Azzarello's run is great and has one of my favorite WW issues (#10) so I'd definitely advice to get that book.

#5 Posted by dmessmer (362 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the question is about the current run, right? It's possible to jump in now, but I would advise reading the earlier issues - this is a story that's been building since day one. Also, the run has been really good, so it's a quality read (and the first 12 issues are available in 2 TPBs).

#6 Edited by cbishop (7119 posts) - - Show Bio

I recommend reading all of the back issues - it is just a great series. The first several issues are hard to find though, so it's good that you've got the trade paperback. Volume 2 is out also, so that'd leave you not as many single issues to find.

#7 Posted by drgnx (3550 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

I think the question is about the current run, right? It's possible to jump in now, but I would advise reading the earlier issues - this is a story that's been building since day one. Also, the run has been really good, so it's a quality read (and the first 12 issues are available in 2 TPBs).

This!

#8 Edited by lightsout (1823 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 WW has pretty much been 1 giant arc. It might be more enjoyable to read everything so far. (If we're talking pre-52, I made a thread on here where I got great recommendations)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.