Where does Wonder Woman get her money from in the DCnU

• 57 results
#51 Edited by dshipp17 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

@muffin_sangria said:

They won't even canonize Wonder Woman as bisexual I doubt they would have her become a prostitute. A prostitute Wonder Woman migt actually make an interesting elseworlds story but can't see it going anywhere but wrong if it was in the main story. I'd rather see Wonder Woman run an ethical brothel but I can't see her actually seeing clients herself.

Time for a change obviously; Wonder Woman as a sex working seeing clients would produce an intriguing story line, with Dr. Psycho as the pimp, directing the the brothel; similar to Dejah Thoris and Witch of Black Rose, the idea should produce solid, lasting sales, if done right; I know just how to suggest many months of plots that will keep most fans intrigued, who arrive during the initial surge of the change of creative teams.

#52 Edited by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: You're dearly misinformed dshipp17, apparently you just make up the numbers at your own convenience. The current run sold more than Messner-Loebs on average per number although in 92-95 americans had more purchasing power and no illegal means to get them on the internet for free. Comic book sales have dropped sharply with the expansion of the internet yet Wonder Woman's have fluctuated a little bit but overall remained somewhat consistent. see for yourself. Looks like your arguments are baseless

#53 Edited by dshipp17 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio
@archizoom said:

@dshipp17: You're dearly misinformed dshipp17, apparently you just make up the numbers at your own convenience. The current run sold more than Messner-Loebs on average per number although in 92-95 americans had more purchasing power and no illegal means to get them on the internet for free. Comic book sales have dropped sharply with the expansion of the internet yet Wonder Woman's have fluctuated a little bit but overall remained somewhat consistent. see for yourself. Looks like your arguments are baseless

You have no idea what you're talking about; these numbers are the start of John Byrne's run; if I'm wrong, than it's at the very end of Messner-Loebs run, and the numbers are higher by several hundred; it's apples and oranges, anyway, as Azz's numbers still has a ways to fall; to calibrate properly, compare the numbers in about August to get the real gauge; i'll probably be around 14,000 by than; Wonder Woman 99 was at 57.50, by the way.

#54 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Azzarello's all time low so far was Jan '14 with 32,052 copies sold (+ N illegal downloads) ranked 59. Messner-Loebs Feb '95 sold 25,900 ranked 85, in the home stretch. Those "loyal fans of Messner Loebs" weren't so loyal after all.

#55 Posted by dshipp17 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Azzarello's all time low so far was Jan '14 with 32,052 copies sold (+ N illegal downloads) ranked 59. Messner-Loebs Feb '95 sold 25,900 ranked 85, in the home stretch. Those "loyal fans of Messner Loebs" weren't so loyal after all.

Clearly they were or issue 99 would not have been 57,500; apparently, they wanted a break; although Azzarello generated more than 60,000 in issue 1, there was no such spike, from a dip, in the numbers; Azzarello still has a ways to go; lets see how things look by May; however, Azzarello could decide to make adjustments to his plot and the numbers made climb back to 40,000+, as a result, but, I'm not sure Azzarello will decide to deviate from his plot; that's the only reason that I suggested that the downward trend might continue, but, maybe not, as I didn't factor in a new creative team being announced so soon, when I made the statement; perhaps, the announcement might cause a shift back to climbing sales, at least for a couple of issues, from dejected Azzarello fans.

#56 Posted by Primebonnick (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

i honestlt just thought she took the treasure the amazons have and that was her income would b nice to see this explored for real though.

#57 Posted by Outside_85 (9982 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus you aren't seeing the digital figures.

#58 Posted by GWHH (585 posts) - - Show Bio

I always figured she took a bunch of "everyday items" from paradise item and than sold them as "priceless antiques" of antiquity to people in the man world.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.