Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

When should they change her costume?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was initially a fan of it but as time goes on it just sucks. They should just go with Fabok's design or bring back one of her classic and make it more modern like they did with Carol Danvers. Anyways, her look should be changed in issue 50 of Wonder Woman. I would personally keep the pants but give her a bra top with breast plates that has her insignia on it. Its hard to explain a design unless created though.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought that she would do well with a revolving aesthetic.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3  Edited By GustavoBurciaga1

I personally favor Fabok's design but I don't mind Finch's design either. I do like that Finch gives her different outfits as well rather than just wearing the same outfit all the time.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

@super-wonder said:

Yes because you know every woman just have to have a closet full of cloths because thats all they every think about . ugh you're so sexist.

-kidding

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm kinda hoping for either her New 52 look, or maybe just something all new (leaning more towards New 52 though)

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I just want to go back to this. ASAP

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I just want to go back to this. ASAP

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the Tiara here. This look with pants is preferable though.

@dernman said:
    @super-wonder said:

Yes because you know every woman just have to have a closet full of cloths because thats all they every think about . ugh you're so sexist.

-kidding

And I was trying to say as PC as possible too ;)

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

That's not even sexist, I buy something to wear every time I get paid. That's how my Polo wardrobe got to be unbeatable.

Oh and the artist took license with the tiara, but pants just aren't Wonder Woman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

@scorpio_cassadine said:

That's not even sexist, I buy something to wear every time I get paid. That's how my Polo wardrobe got to be unbeatable.

Oh and the artist took license with the tiara, but pants just aren't Wonder Woman.

Can't tell if you knew it was a joke or not......

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You never know around here. People were actually trying to convince us the new tacky amour was a vast improvement, because she was no longer sexualized/objectified or some load of hooey they were trying to sell us.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Archizooom

I came up with this concept for Wonder Woman where all she wears is her own hair, draped around her body, and a pair of invisible sandals made of invisible-jet goo. And the golden lasso as a necklace

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 Straight-Fire  Online

I like Diana's current costume. Why change it?

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
    deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It, like all other post convergence outfits will be done soon and we'll find some other change to piss and moan about

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Diana's current costume. Why change it?

Because it's ugly as hell, it's out of character and the fact it was editorially mandated to appease a small group of people who shouldn't read comics anyway.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: and who exactly is this group of people who shouldn't read comics. Enlighten us holy one.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Straight-Fire  Online
    Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i like the current one but if they do change it i hope they give her one with shorts and no patriotic theme

change the blue for black and take the stars out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like the current one but if they do change it i hope they give her one with shorts and no patriotic theme

No Caption Provided

I like the All New Wonder Woman look which ironically matches your description except for the shorts.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: and who exactly is this group of people who shouldn't read comics. Enlighten us holy one.

C.U.L.L. the Cover Up Ladies League, their mission is to replace every sexy super-heroine costume with one that's conservative and practical. They think they're progressives, but they're actually sexually repressed republicans that abhor cleavage and anyone too pretty.

After finally getting Wonder Woman into the comicbook equivalent of a burka, they've set their sights on Red Sonja, Vampirella and Deja Thoris.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/06/dynamite-comics-announces-new-costumes-and-direction-for-red-sonja-deja-thoris-and-vampirella

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Honestly if they changed the gold to silver in her armor, I would have liked it more. The gold just seems like it's too much.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just wish the costume change is good. I mean, they should shake it up once in a while otherwise it's gets boring. And if you're gonna continually publish and almost never end then change once in a while is needed to bring in new people to read it.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's ugly as hell, it's out of character and the fact it was editorially mandated to appease a small group of people who shouldn't read comics anyway.

Each member of the Trinity got a makeover, they told David Finch to handle Wonder Woman's, he sketched out a few outfits, his wife picked this one. That's the correct story

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Each member of the Trinity got a makeover, they told David Finch to handle Wonder Woman's, he sketched out a few outfits, his wife picked this one. That's the correct story

Not quite, that's part of the story. The rest is what made editorial come to the decision to alter Wonder Woman in the first place. It was the changing costumes fad that's ruining comics.

I LOVE Hillary Clinton, but I don't think all women need to dress like her in order to be respectable.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ScouterV

It, like all other post convergence outfits will be done soon and we'll find some other change to piss and moan about

They're gonna take those awesome Flash, Arrow, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman outfits away!?

No Caption Provided
    @brunnhilde said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:

Not quite, that's part of the story. The rest is what made editorial come to the decision to alter Wonder Woman in the first place. It was the changing costumes fad that's ruining comics.

I LOVE Hillary Clinton, but I don't think all women need to dress like her in order to be respectable.

Pretty sure comic fans who rip into each other over the smallest of things (not you two, but I did find this comment funny,) are ruining comics more than occasional costume changes.

@willienotwilliam said:

No Caption Provided

I like the All New Wonder Woman look which ironically matches your description except for the shorts.

I'd be down with this Wonder Woman forever and ever.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a polite exchange of ideas. If you think that was ripping into someone you must be soft as cake or new around here.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Archizooom

@scorpio_cassadine: And I think girls shouldn't feel like they have to put everything on the display to be considered beautiful, to paraphrase Miuccia Prada, there's nothing less sexy than trying too hard

And the truth is, people will read and judge you by your clothes, fashion is a nonverbal form of communication. You wouldn't vote for Hillary if she wore a chainmail bikini

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My female characters are fully covered and they wear PANTS!

It is somewhat silly for a females to be half covered while fighting bad guys or in the winter.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Miuccia Prada is one of the last people I'd take advice from on what's sexually appealing. Here's what the Goddess has to say on the matter...

Loading Video...

As for Hillary, if she looked as good as Red Sonja in her chainmail bikini I'd find a way to vote for her twice.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Miuccia Prada is one of the last people I'd take advice from on what's sexually appealing. Here's what the Goddess has to say on the matter...

Loading Video...

As for Hillary, if she looked as good as Red Sonja in her chainmail bikini I'd find a way to vote for her twice.

LOL ... Hillary in chainmail is a rather hilarious image. But let's be real, the more we focus on what a woman chooses to wear the more we objectify them. Since time began men have been allowed to wear whatever they want without people saying that was wrong ... why should a female comic hero have to be covered up out of some strange sense of modesty? Diana wearing the bikini look fits her background and her powerset makes the weather argument beyond silly. She can walk through lava, I'm pretty sure a little chilly weather isn't a deterrent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Princesses don't get cold and Diana chooses when to sweat :)

I just remembered that quote from the Justice League series when her and Hawkgirl teamed up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shayera Hol: Aren't you cold in that outfit?

Wonder Woman: Not really.

Shayera Hol: Of course not. The Princess doesn't get cold. The Princess doesn't even sweat in the Fire Pits of Tartarus.

Wonder Woman: I do too sweat.

Shayera Hol: Please, you glow.

Hawkgirl is just so clever :)

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope you guys seen this variant of WW on January.. I think it was superb!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Maybe loosing the American Flag theme and good costume that can support her.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shayera Hol: Aren't you cold in that outfit?

Wonder Woman: Not really.

Shayera Hol: Of course not. The Princess doesn't get cold. The Princess doesn't even sweat in the Fire Pits of Tartarus.

Wonder Woman: I do too sweat.

Shayera Hol: Please, you glow.

Hawkgirl is just so clever :)

LOL ... totally ... I always liked the "frenemies" thing they had going on. Largely because it was based on being the biggest badass on the team rather than over some guy :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I know right lol. Thats why I am in favor of another alpha female being on the team. So Wonder Woman can be more competitive. Fighting over a guy would have been too generic and not interesting.

kiranx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman #600 looks classy, and hot.

It has always been my favourite. They could tweak a little and make it better. Not necessary thouh, its already perfect. :-D

kiranx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam:

Yup. Any particular nation should be avoided. They are international now. Not limited to US.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

Maybe loosing the American Flag theme and good costume that can support her.

Why not make her a blond and give her a mask and Wondermobile too?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@scorpio_cassadine: I just feel that she doesnt need the flag costume anymore. Being blond wouldnt change anything aside her hair collor.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@scorpio_cassadine: I just feel that she doesnt need the flag costume anymore. Being blond wouldnt change anything aside her hair collor.

I think the flag motif is very much a part of her identity as WW. They've clearly toned it back over the last few years, altering the colors to darker shades and minimizing the stars and such, but it's one of the elements of the character that makes her a recognizable symbol to millions of people. I doubt that can be said of many other heroes outside of Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Captain America and a few others. I say stay with the classic costume and give her a few special occassion uniforms.

mcanarki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.