Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What were teh events during Perez's run?

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I just started reading the Perez series. And I was wonderring if the every DC heroes got a new origin during 1986...

I have the first 24 issues, but which are the best WW arcs and issues by perez? Or even Post Crisis?

I also love cross overs, so I'd like to know if Superman or Batman appeared in WW. And also, have any new gods appeared in a WW title before New 52? Just wondering. Specifically Orion, because I have a feeling that Orion appeared in WW in a post crisis story but I'm not sure.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sinisteri

Perez run in 1986 is post Crisis. Superman's origin was changed so that he was the sole survivor of Krypton as well as not fully forming as a baby until he reached earth. Krypton's genetic experiments such as cloning was more popular here. Batman stayed mostly the same but gone was the identity of the man who killed his parents and all of his villains were decidedly more dark. WW was no longer a founding member of the JLA. And some modern heroes including Batman by Wildcat were now tutored or trained in part by golden age heroes.

I would highly recommend all of Perez run which will take you through almost 60 issues and the War of the Gods crossover series where Diana interacts with most of the DC universe including Batman amd Captain Marvel and Etrigan the Demon.

Early on there is a crossover and possible romantic attempt with Superman which involves the New Gods.

The characters and stories are all well realized and fully fleshed out. In her first two years-- there are different adventures, character growth, fun, love, challenges, and no attempts at being a bad ass-- just an amazing amazon acting with grace and gods given strength!

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@sinisteri: wait, so u mean Azzarello wasn't the first to change ww???!!!!!!!!!

Gasp!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Pokeysteve

@juliustakalua: I'd try and find Wonder Woman Annual #1 and Action Comics # 600 (I think). They tie in to a couple of arcs in those 24 issues you have.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Azzarello was the worst to change WW.

The Perez run is excellent throughout. The first five issues is Diana overcoming the machinations of Ares. Instead of him changing her mind, she changes his. She uses truth as her weapon, as opposed to a materializing magical spear.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@scorpio_cassadine: Whaaat? Azzarello's run is awesome. I don't see the hate. I see nothing wrong other than trivial stuff the hardcore extremists do not like. I'm now up to the first 24 issues, and it's pretty good. The first two arcs were great IMO. Some not so great issues but they were pretty consistent. I'm gonna get the rest. 60 issues right? gonna get 'em. I also have the 2006 series... Up to WW anniversary arc (where WW is not WW... It's a weird story) But I'm wondering if there's more after that. Gotta say, the Amazons are unlikeable in that series tbh. Perez and Azz Amazons are more likeable

PS Superman and WW "romance" in the Perez run is waaaaaaay better than the one we have now. That's how it should be done between the two IMO.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Azzarello was the worst to change WW.

The Perez run is excellent throughout. The first five issues is Diana overcoming the machinations of Ares. Instead of him changing her mind, she changes his. She uses truth as her weapon, as opposed to a materializing magical spear.

Why is that so noble?In perez run she does things like.... CUTs OFF Deimos head (ares son) when push came to shove.

Perez also made one of Diana's best supporting characters (steve trevor) an irrelevant old man.

I enjoy Azzarello and Perez. There is room for both. They compliment each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.