Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What was the point?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Why did everyone bi**h off when woman got a new costume in odyssey, but no one gave two Fs when they gave her a father in the new 52? Their both the same in terms of what makes the iconic character.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DecoyElite

@justice_teen: People did in fact complain about the new origin.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Why did everyone bi**h off when woman got a new costume in odyssey, but no one gave two Fs when they gave her a father in the new 52? Their both the same in terms of what makes the iconic character.

people have complained about her having a father,about what they did to the amazons,about the never ending drama about the baby,lack of feats,lack of action,character development,etc.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By justice teen

@gokuwarrior: Then they must not realize what the word reboot means. They should no all her feats wont be displayed so early and the ones that were displayed were awesome. Lastly give things a chance before you rant off.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen: Depending on your point of view, they did not "give" Wonder Woman a father. Hippolyta simply lied about the circumstance of Diana's birth. Seems very plausible to me.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RayRay1127

@gokuwarrior: Then they must not realize what the word reboot means. They should no all her feats wont be displayed so early and the ones that were displayed were awesome. Lastly give things a chance before you rant off.

Umm, 2 years is MORE then enough time to properly develop a story, which Azz has not done. IMHO this WW is WAAAY worse than that Odyssey nonsense, cause at least in that we got Amazons who were noble and Diana was working toward becoming her "TRUE" self... Which Azz-hole then just pooped all over...

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two years is 2-6 stories/collected works, each of which could have been a standalone piece dealing with Diana's character, back story, rogues gallery and allies in different ways.

Compare New 52 WW 1-24 with Lil' Gotham 1-6 and tell me whether the former has four times as much story as the latter.

The only thing I hated about Odyssey was how long it went on. Since it was clear after the third issue that nothing in that story was going to stand, it didn't bother me so much. I hate the current non-clay origin a lot more. Diana is supposed to be a champion of the Gods, not a God herself. What makes her unique is her...well...uniqueness. She's not human, she's not a God, she's not an alien, she's not an Amazon. She's just herself.

At the moment, she's literally just Thor with breasts.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HUH? No one complained? Really?

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW's own book has been a placeholder since the start of the new 52. Seems DC gave priority to her appearance in JLA and hooking her up with Supes, while her own title reads like an elseworlds story.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW's own book has been a placeholder since the start of the new 52. Seems DC gave priority to her appearance in JLA and hooking her up with Supes, while her own title reads like an elseworlds story.

What is really sad, because her characterization on her book is good, and had no Superman in it

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By justice teen

we all no the whole thing with supes wont last. I'm all for it Lois annoyed me I felt she was like his secret identity stupid and Diana make sense, but they wont last. Back to the main topic I haven't heard nearly as many complaints about New 52 WW as I have Odyssey WW , and those where just over her costume(which I found pointless clothes don't make the person). From what I been hearing everyone favors the New 52, I just want to see Donna take center stage in it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@justice_teen: Come over to the CBR WW boards some day and you will find complaining with no end about how horrible Azzarello has made WW.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't bother with this thread. @justice_teen clearly just came here to start a fight. People have objected to every change. People have defended every change. Frankly, it's getting pretty repetitive and boring.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: Why are you being a troll? No one is starting or engaging in a fight. This thread was made to get a better understanding of why people complain about one topic but not another one that was on the same level.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lifeofvibe

@justice_teen: I have no idea the pants made her look badass I guess the ww fans or at least the rest of them other then myself hate badass ww

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lifeofvibe
    primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really people are still complaining. Even the new reveal about the amazons is getting mad criticized and i kinda agree why change the amazon's so much. I hope artemis still makes an appearance later on in the new 52 other than diana i loved her.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than anything I was just trying to point out that the statement that no one cared or complained about the change to Wonder Woman's parentage is absurd. Just check these boards - people were plenty up in arms about it and many still are. That, combined with the obviously confrontational tone in your initial post is why I said what I said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.