Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What it be a suprise wonder woman turns out to be bi

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UsagiTsukino

Would it suprise you if wonder woman turn out to be besexual? I alway though wonder woman was a least bi. Some writers in dc thoughts so to. Gail Simone and George Perez thought and at least hint at it. Your thoughts

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FearTheLiving

Really nothing would surprise me when it comes to publishers trying to sell comics. So I can see them making WW bi to get more readers.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Katie24

Pretty sure this thread topic has been done before.

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By starrk_coyote

suprise ? ? ? ? ? !!! NO ! it will be a blessing !!! from the comic gods :) and we all know it to be true!

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By jrock85

No it wouldn't.

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
    AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

No, in fact it might be interesting since how many bisexual superheroes are their anyway?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cloudzackvincent

no

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By LoganRogue24

i thought diana was gay when i was little cause she grew up with women lol.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GWHH

I just always assume Diana and her amazons sister went both ways or just with women. I mean she loved Steve Trevor. They had to have sex at some point. The rest of the woman never left the island. So it was one choice only for the rest of them. Also its shown that Diana likes Batman and I assume she wants to have sex with him. She may be unique in waiting to have sex with males. Or it could be once you leave the island. The women are given a choice of having sex with men and than they find they do want to have sex with men, they are allowered to. They could also go both ways too! Diana mother had sex with men (wildcat for sure)..

In the new 52 series. Its shown that the amazons. Use spells and such to make male sailor, who sail close the island, have sex with them so they can have babies. It does not show if they enjoy having sex with men or just do it to make more amazons children. Than the sailor are killed by the women. If they had a boy, they trade it to that one guy for new weapons.

I also thought that a women cannot conceived on Paradise Island and only women could be born on the island by the will of the Gods or something like that.

In the Exoristos story line. That amazon tells a story about one of the amazon women having sex with a sailor and she SEEMS to enjoy it, but still kills him.

polo327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By polo327

I don't think they use spells, I think they just seduce the men, and it's pretty strongly alluded to that the men are killed (with weapons) by the amazons afterwards.

I'm pretty sure that in the new 52 WW is bi, she seems to be in love with Zola.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UsagiTsukino

No matter if she with a man or a woman she will alway be the man in the relationship

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RainEffect

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me. However, it doesn't take away from her character. If anything, her being bisexual would actually further increase her 'idol' status, as it would give confidence to those who are less secure in their own sexuality.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lady_liberty

While DC has never been direct about it, I am nearly 100% certain Wonder Woman was intended as bisexual from the day she was created, and is still now.

So it would surprise me if she wasn't bi.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By greenteaforme

WW is part of the Trinity.

They will not have gays, bisexuals, disabled, ethnic or otherwise in the Trinity.

polo327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By polo327

@greenteaforme said:

They will not have gays, bisexuals, disabled, ethnic or otherwise in the Trinity.

Why not? It's not like DC is run by the KKK

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By greenteaforme

@polo327 said:

@greenteaforme said:

Why not? It's not like DC is run by the KKK

Because those are all niche characters, too specialized to sell. Want to pander to the blacks? Make a black character. A gay character? Ruin a popular character's decades of history and revamp him as a gay character and upset more people than you please. This is how comics work.

They may headline their own series. Maybe.

But they will never headline a team, or be part of the Trinity.

These are fantasy stories. And nobody fantasizes about being a handicapped person overcoming their disability to fight crime.

Instead, I imagine disabiled people would simply fantasize about not being handicapped.

Anyway, Marvel is much more "others"-friendly than DC is. DC is very "we're powerful and white, and we have Superman". Marvel is very "we're persecuted as mutants, just like you gays/disabled/ethnics" and etc.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Madame_Mist

I think she follows heart. And if her heart follows a girl I wouldn't mind.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UsagiTsukino

Do u have a part with gays and minorties? Would it made u stop reading we if she was? Wonder Woman is design for sexuality as well meaning she support the lgbt . It seem she could be bi since its in her creation

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@Lady_Liberty said:

While DC has never been direct about it, I am nearly 100% certain Wonder Woman was intended as bisexual from the day she was created, and is still now.

So it would surprise me if she wasn't bi.

That is what I was thinking lol

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lady_liberty

@greenteaforme: That's really ignoring all of Diana's early history, and the vast majority of the sub-text in her stories even to this day.

Secondly you are ignoring the reality of publishing now.

Wonder Woman's book is stable for the most part, because she has a solid core of fans who are going to buy her book no mater what. Sales are not amazing because that group of fans isn't huge, but they are fairly stable. Pretty much all of them are aware of Diana's early stories, and can most likely see the subtext in many of the stories.

If DC was to admit she was bi, it wouldn't really have any effect except a short term jump in sales for her book, and a publicity boost.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UsagiTsukino

Also Diana is technically Greek and Roman.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greenteaforme

@Lady_Liberty said:

@greenteaforme: That's really ignoring all of Diana's early history, and the vast majority of the sub-text in her stories even to this day.

Wonder Woman's book is stable for the most part, because she has a solid core of fans who are going to buy her book no mater what. Sales are not amazing because that group of fans isn't huge, but they are fairly stable. Pretty much all of them are aware of Diana's early stories, and can most likely see the subtext in many of the stories.

If DC was to admit she was bi, it wouldn't really have any effect except a short term jump in sales for her book, and a publicity boost.

First of all, I've read far more Wonder Woman (ESPECIALLY Golden Age) than you probably have.

Including weekly strips from the era.

A lot of her stories involved tying men up to be slaves, and having men obey her and other Amazons' wills. She was virtually a dominatrix.

Second of all, don't call me ignorant. You have no idea from what little I wrote what I have knowledge of, or don't have. Calling me ignorant is, in itself, ignorant of you.

Third of all, saying she's bisexual and then actually putting it into practice are two totally different things. If they gave her a female "partner", it would affect how people view her entirely. One of Wonder Woman's main plot points was getting married (to a man) and retiring in the Golden Age. Wonder Woman has, on several occasions, early and later in her history, been shown to enjoy men. Bisexuality isn't about sexual practice, it's about the emotional involvement. There are many men that don't care what they stick theirs in, as long as it's warm and has a place for it, and do not consider themselves bisexual because they're only emotionally attracted to women. I know gay that have had sex with women. Are they bisexual? No.

The girl's a polecat.

And most people don't want to read about minorities in their Trinity. I know I don't. And I am a minority. (A triple minority, in fact.)

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UsagiTsukino

The marriage part was not during charles murston time. We don't know if she would have marriage. How would it change Diana? Most people see her as bi. It wouldn't change her a bit. Your forget she for sexuality finish. How you view yourself and body. She was free to love anyone . Even in the golden age it's being hint. Even the guy that take the golden age Perez state she was bi. I forget if it was Perez. So your point. The amazons themselves played boundage games before Diana went to the man worlds. The guy that created Diana had it put in his theme. It

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By UsagiTsukino

Also the bondage themes, and obey was to show women better than men. That men were submitting to women. That is about it. She made men boy because she was better that every normal man.She calling you igronant because she make it seem it's bad to be a minorties and that it seem you have a problem with comics display minorties. Look it up. That was all the bondage theme was to show men submitting to women. Your just being u. You hate if comics display minorties in a power house.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#25  Edited By TheCannon

@FearTheLiving said:

Really nothing would surprise me when it comes to publishers trying to sell comics. So I can see them making WW bi to get more readers.

This.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JonSmith

@greenteaforme said:

These are fantasy stories. And nobody fantasizes about being a handicapped person overcoming their disability to fight crime.

Ahem.
    Ahem.
    UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By UsagiTsukino

Also what about the oracle?

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By greenteaforme

@JonSmith said:

@greenteaforme said:

Ahem.
    Ahem.

He's a fairly minor, unimportant character in the grand Marvel Universe in an attempt to be all-inclusive. Also, it doesn't go against what you quote.

Marvel is much more "we like all colored and disable people" than DC is, by far.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lady_liberty

@greenteaforme said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

First of all, I've read far more Wonder Woman (ESPECIALLY Golden Age) than you probably have.

Including weekly strips from the era.

A lot of her stories involved tying men up to be slaves, and having men obey her and other Amazons' wills. She was virtually a dominatrix.

Don't forget about the 'games' that involved one amazon as the 'hunter' and another as the 'prey', where the hunter chased down the other girl, tied her up, and 'ate' her.

Its so blatant its hard to even say its sub-text.

Second of all, don't call me ignorant. You have no idea from what little I wrote what I have knowledge of, or don't have. Calling me ignorant is, in itself, ignorant of you.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never called you ignorant.

Third of all, saying she's bisexual and then actually putting it into practice are two totally different things.

I agree.

If they gave her a female "partner", it would affect how people view her entirely.

It would affect some peoples view, but obviously not every ones view.

One of Wonder Woman's main plot points was getting married (to a man) and retiring in the Golden Age. Wonder Woman has, on several occasions, early and later in her history, been shown to enjoy men.

Right. The thread isn't about 'is she a lesbian', because obviously she is not.

Bisexuality isn't about sexual practice, it's about the emotional involvement.

To some people. But you can say that about any type of relationship.

There are many men that don't care what they stick theirs in, as long as it's warm and has a place for it,

What does that have to do with Diana?

and do not consider themselves bisexual because they're only emotionally attracted to women. I know gay that have had sex with women. Are they bisexual? No.

Again, what does this have to do with Diana?

The girl's a polecat.

I don't even want to know what that means.

And most people don't want to read about minorities in their Trinity. I know I don't. And I am a minority. (A triple minority, in fact.)

But what does any of this have to do with Diana's preferences? Obviously DC considers sales when they make any kind of choice. I'm not saying they are going to make a big announcement anytime soon, I am saying she is almost certainly bisexual based on her characters history, her creators lifestyle, reasons for creating the character, and the people who influenced him to create the character. Plus there has been plenty of things implied though the ages.

DC doesn't really have to come out and say it at this point.

Avatar image for crimson_butterfly
    Crimson_Butterfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are hating Alan Scott for being gay but the idea of Diana being Bi is okay. Changing one character sexuality is not okay.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GWHH

@polo327 said: That made me think of a cool point. That means you CAN have sex with WW and/or Amazons and the acutally act will NOT kill you. So that means they can have sex with mortal men!!! ALL-RIGHT!!!

I don't think they use spells, I think they just seduce the men, and it's pretty strongly alluded to that the men are killed (with weapons) by the amazons afterwards.

I'm pretty sure that in the new 52 WW is bi, she seems to be in love with Zola.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think making Wonder Woman bisexual would have been a great thing for them to explore with the New 52 but they've kinda wasted that chance. I'd also had loved it if they had made Wonder Woman polyamourus. Given her origins I think it would make a lot of sense and it would have given them a chance to write some really interesting stories that haven't really been done in comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.