What i think of the new 52 wounder woman

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

ok from what i have read of her is from jl and i need to say i like her. I like the fact that the character feels like a hero riped straight from the greek mythos that inspied her as wel as the fact that she a sword to add to the warrior felling of the character al so i like the fact that the costume isnt the american flag anymore not that it was a bad thing i just didnt like it. So over all i like the chaacter

#2 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

She still has an American flag motif but she's no longer Wonder Woman. She's some sort of dumbed down, chauvinistic interpretation of what a dick thinks Wonder Woman should be.

#3 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

. I like the fact that the character feels like a hero riped straight from the greek mythos that inspied her

Se has always been like that

#4 Posted by RazzaTazz (9490 posts) - - Show Bio
@SCORPIO_CASSADINE said:

She still has an American flag motif but she's no longer Wonder Woman. She's some sort of dumbed down, chauvinistic interpretation of what a dick thinks Wonder Woman should be.

I am not even sure if it makes sense to say it is based on an American flag.  It has stripes and stars, but so do a lot of things
#5 Posted by Raiiyn (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a little harsh to say she is a dumbed down interpretation of what a dick thinks Wonder Woman should be... To be honest, she seems more like an Amazon to me in the new 52 then she did before. I like the fact that her costume isn't an American flag too. She ISN'T American. Just because she was supposed to be an ambassador doesn't mean she should of been wearing their colours in my opinion. I like her a lot more now actually then I did before... Not a huge fan of how they are portraying some of the Greek Gods though..

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

She's definitely not what a dick would think her to be.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I have found the interpretation very intresting, and see a powerful character showing dynamic responses to the hurdles that come her way. I can't say yet if I am on board with everything going on, but I can say that I look forward to the next issue each month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.