What Do Amazons Do ALL Day LONG. Other than train for war!

#1 Edited by GWHH (576 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amaz0ns train (almost from birth) to learn to fight. But how many hours a day to they do that? Do they do it everyday? What do they do the rest of day? Eat, do chores, build stuff, study, learn, etc.

What you think they do all day?

#2 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in addition to being great warriors, they are also supposed to have great wisdom, so I assume they read and study. They originate from Ancient Greece, so they probably play music and perform plays that are similar to what we know of Classical Literature. Of course, they also need to eat, and make clothes, weapons, buildings, etc.

I imagine all that will fill a day pretty quickly.

#3 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

On an island full of women who do they get to kill the icky bugs?

#4 Posted by muhabba (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Long, slow, sensuous baths.

#5 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Break plates and eat feta

#6 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Lez out.

#7 Edited by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

Well, in addition to being great warriors, they are also supposed to have great wisdom, so I assume they read and study. They originate from Ancient Greece, so they probably play music and perform plays that are similar to what we know of Classical Literature. Of course, they also need to eat, and make clothes, weapons, buildings, etc.

I hadn't even thought about plays...you know, that would be a rather amusing switch-a-roo from the original Greek productions (as those would have had all the parts of both male and female characters be played by men where as on Paradise Island being Paradise Island all the parts would be done by an all women cast). Pretty cool

Hippolyta would make a terrifying Medea...

#8 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Historically, DC portrayed Amazons teaching arts, exploring, hunting for sport or game, building, creating and having fun.

#9 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_poet: Agreed. It's actually pretty funny to think of the Amazons performing just about any Classical plays. I think Oedipus Rex would be particularly interesting/unintentionally hilarious.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) - - Show Bio

prepare for battle

#11 Edited by starrk_coyote (625 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

that is pretty much what i was thinking but then this guy came up with a punchline

@dmessmer said:

@the_poet: Agreed. It's actually pretty funny to think of the Amazons performing just about any Classical plays. I think Oedipus Rex would be particularly interesting/unintentionally hilarious.

LOL :D

#12 Edited by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #37 and, lo and behold, the Amazons perform a play that recounts their journey to Themyscira, complete with Amazons wearing Heracles masks. This issue also reveals that they spend a lot of time working on architecture, cooking, and writing works of philosophy. So there you have it.

#13 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@muhabba said:

Long, slow, sensuous baths.

In waterfalls. In the nude.

#14 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

cant tell you the detail but song is play during it lol

#15 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: It's a trap and you wouldn't believe how many times that will work.

#16 Posted by krspaceT (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

Play Civilization?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.