Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What characteristic or personality trait makes you like WW

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lilben42

What characteristics or traits about her makes you like her?

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marvel123

i like the fact that she kicks that "damsel in distress" mentality to the curb, ergo being an inspiration for women in comics

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ccraft

That were both sexy

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

I see her as the perfect woman. She's intelligent, strong, kind, loving, warm, intelligent, beautiful, purposed, insirational and regal, yet down to earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those moments of naivety towards man's world are really funny.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I was hoping to see some post that would make me a fan of her given her importance to comics, but to no avail as they say.

(+_)

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilben42

@Yung ANcient One: Comics were mostly reflected on manly, and strong while the women was helpless. A lot of Women don't want to be women with the stereotype that women don't have power, and strength, until Wonder Woman came. WW was meant to be equal to Superman while still being attractive. WW stood for sexual equality, peace, and love. She showed that women didn't have to depend on men.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@lilben42: That is AWEsome, thats great, but it doesn't make me a fan of her. I always find her annoying, albeit I haven't read much. I prefer Supergirl, She-Hulk, Emma Frost XP, Rogue, and etc than her.

(+)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Pokeysteve

Her empathy and understanding are big for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always loved the dichotomy she represents. She's a warrior fighting for others to have peace. She is willing to fight and even kill, but behind all that is a desire for harmony.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yung ANcient One said:

@lilben42: That is AWEsome, thats great, but it doesn't make me a fan of her. I always find her annoying, albeit I haven't read much. I prefer Supergirl, She-Hulk, Emma Frost XP, Rogue, and etc than her.

(+)

Why do you find her annoying?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@SCORPIO_CASSADINE:

I know I'm probably wrong but all I've ever seen from her is being a man hating feminist always trying to one up every male hero. To later on become more open minded about men, but still thinks women are immensely more superior to men. Which is totally not true; women are only slightly superior to us XP.

(+)

Kuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kuffs

@divingfalcon713: Completely agree, i think that is also a unique characteristic which makes a her really interesting and also separates her from the other members of DC Trinity. Where as Supes and Bats never even considering to kill, Wonder Woman, with her warrior background, is willing to cross that line if there no other alternative. She does everything in her power to avoid taking a life, but if it's no other way, she will take a life for the greater good. "Sacrifice"* and Maxwell Lord is the prime example, she was totally bashed from Supes and Bats for killing Lord, but she new in her heart and mind, that she saved hundreds maybe thusends of people at the expense of one evil man, when there really was no other alternative.

Take that in perspective, how many lives would had been saved if Batman disposed of The Joker?

Don't take this the wrong way, i don't won't WW going around killing people as some kind of anti-hero, but i really find it makes her far more interesting as a character that her warrior background makes her at least considering all options. That's what makes her on of my personal favorite heroes.

* = I know the "Sacrifice" storyline has divided the fans, many hating WW crossing the "no kill" code for heroes, but personally i think it was a brilliant way of evolving her as a character. It's only a shame that the writer Gred Rucka was not given the time to fully explore the ramification of her actions in the afterwake of Infinite Crisis.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yung ANcient One said:

@SCORPIO_CASSADINE:

I know I'm probably wrong but all I've ever seen from her is being a man hating feminist always trying to one up every male hero. To later on become more open minded about men, but still thinks women are immensely more superior to men. Which is totally not true; women are only slightly superior to us XP.

(+)

Yeah that's a misconception, she's never been like that in her own title as long as I've been reading it (since Perez's #1). Other writers that don't understand her make that mistake sometimes, most notably Geoff Johns in the infamous JSA Thanksgiving issue.

ten4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ten4now

she will kill if need be

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.