Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What animation would you like her BvS cameo to be based on?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For example, I would like to see Gal portrayed as the Wonder Woman from Crisis on Two-Earths version. I wouldn't mind the animated Nu52 version too even though it's pretty cheesy.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not so sure I understand the question, but I'll give it a shot. I think they're going more or less with the New 52 route (demigoddess, sword, darker tones on the costume and more of a focus on her warrior roots). And as such, the New 52 animated universe may be used to draw references from. In which case, she'll more then likely be presented as a cocky, bloodthirsty woman who swings a sword around with a smile on her face. Though, until I see the movie, I'm not convinced Gadot could pull that off.

For her movie though, I'd like to see a Diana more akin to her animated feature from 2009.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh though, she'll more then likely just pop outta nowhere and show up. Then if she has any action scenes, she'll just swing her sword around and be yelling some warrior chant.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think they're going more or less with the New 52 route (demigoddess, sword, darker tones on the costume and more of a focus on her warrior roots).

I believe so too.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I just hope they don't make her dull and boring. I want her to be like Alice from Resident Evil or Selene from Underworld.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@somayareece said:

@saint_sophie: I just hope they don't make her dull and boring. I want her to be like Alice from Resident Evil or Selene from Underworld.

Oh yes. Gadot promised to deliver. Since from what I've seen, her acting is meh, I hope she can cover it up with some badass scenes and occasional (please, not every minute) witty/sarcastic dialogue.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I just seen her in a scene with Gina Carano. If that what she means by delivering then Athena please protect WW lol. I completely agree with you. Atleast the woman who played Faora made the character interesting.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I just seen her in a scene with Gina Carano. If that what she means by delivering then Athena please protect WW lol. I completely agree with you. Atleast the woman who played Faora made the character interesting.

As she said in Injustice, "Athena guide me". Aka, Athena, okay, well she probably doesn't believe in that as she's you know.. but anyways, anyone guide Gadot to do a good job please.

Haha, anyways, hopefully her movie is filled with more buttkicking as opposed to mushy scenes and dialogue. I think that's probably the only way she really can pull off the "strong, feminine empowering woman" that she promised cause her acting.. yeah.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I notice they always switch it up. Sometimes she pray to Hera and sometimes Athena. Her mythos is a bit confusing. I have high hopes for Gadot though.

If they follow the path of the 2009 animated movie then it won't really be bad.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@somayareece said:

@saint_sophie: I notice they always switch it up. Sometimes she pray to Hera and sometimes Athena. Her mythos is a bit confusing. I have high hopes for Gadot though.

If they follow the path of the 2009 animated movie then it won't really be bad.

I noticed too. Don't forget, Aphrodite is sometimes involved as being the patron god for them. I hope Gadot's acting can make up for the fact that I don't really agree with her being cast.

I hope so. But then again, reports are saying that DC may have wanted a more character based storyline which, if true worries me for the WW movie. Then again, if they follow the New 52 route, they may go for the "War/TOA" route.. which means she still kicks ass, but comes off as a cocky brute.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.