Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

War x the Gods

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FoamBorn

I have a question to which I'm hoping somebody's got the answer. Is the war mentioned in Superman/Wonder Woman Futures End that the heroes of the Earth fought against Gods of many pantheons part of the grand scheme, I mean did they allude to it somewhere else or was it just a thing of no consequence Soule came up with. Batman mentioned another war vs another world that presumably invaded the Earth and I know a big war is supposed to have taken place before the events of Futures End but which one was it?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this future's end is simply an else world and have no real effect on the main story. So like future's end it was just a possible future with no baring on the main story.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this future's end is simply an else world and have no real effect on the main story. So like future's end it was just a possible future with no baring on the main story.

I thought all the FE stories took place within the same future scenario so if this War happened in sm/ww then it happened across the whole dcu, like Superman being in Africa working the barren lands.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@primebonnick said:

I thought all the FE stories took place within the same future scenario so if this War happened in sm/ww then it happened across the whole dcu, like Superman being in Africa working the barren lands.

well i could be wrong but from i see none of these have an effect on the main story. Soule gave a shout out to certain things happening now like some other titles do, but that could just be a butterfly effect type thing. Still i'm not sure to be honest but soule himself said these are elseworld one shots.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FoamBorn

@primebonnick said:

well i could be wrong but from i see none of these have an effect on the main story. Soule gave a shout out to certain things happening now like some other titles do, but that could just be a butterfly effect type thing. Still i'm not sure to be honest but soule himself said these are elseworld one shots.

I mean all the Future's End stories are interconnected, they all happen in the same alternate future which however has no bearing on the current dcu continuity. So you think this war didn't take place outside sm/ww? that's all I wanna know

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: yes i don't think the war is outside the title

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoamBorn

@primebonnick said:

@foamborn: yes i don't think the war is outside the title

Thank you very much, that's very interesting.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MakkyD

@primebonnick: Since they're possible futures, most writers used them to hint upcoming stuff in their run and their possible consequences. Soule is leaving DC soon and ending his runs, hence why he considered them elseworlds.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: makes sense to be honest most of them feel like else worlds. Swamp Thing, Phantom Stranger, pandora and Batwoman felt so.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@primebonnick: DC used several of the one shots as "bookends" for series and creative teams ending so that's probably why.

Though I haven't read it, didn't the swamp thing one not show the machine and other new kingdoms that would be appearing soon in his run?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: yes there was thats why i liked it so much.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: I have one more question if you don't mind, did you understand why Wonder Woman needed to look through Apollo's scrying pool?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Other than plot, I guess for the same reason why she destroyed Hera's in her solo title (tactical) to see how long she had before nemesis army reached Olympus, how long her army could hold out. I mean she didn't teleport this time they flew and that will take a while (relatively speaking).

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Other than plot, I guess for the same reason why she destroyed Hera's in her solo title (tactical) to see how long she had before nemesis army reached Olympus, how long her army could hold out. I mean she didn't teleport this time they flew and that will take a while (relatively speaking).

She didn't see anything in the scrying pool that she couldn't have seen had she just overflown the battlefield so would you agree that the scrying pool scene was pointless?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.