Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Update on Upcoming 'Wonder Woman' TV Show

• 68 results
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

At least they have Steve coming to the show

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ThomasElliot

Sooooo, like, keep this on the low.... but I'm developing this new show about a alien who was sent to Earth. He's the last of his kind, sent by his father, and our Sun gives him super powers.... he's adopted by some farmers and raised humbly, then moves to a big metropolitan city and becomes a champion of truth, justice and the American way. But I don't want to reveal any spoilers about the project I'm developing, so we're just going to refer to him as 'Gerald Stromboli, the Super Dude'.

Genius.

SneakyBawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SneakyBawls

Well the fact it's on a channel that had 10 seasons of a non-super Superman, I have to say I'm less than enthusiastic about this. The writing may end up being tolerable, but it boils down to whether they get a girl who looks like an Amazonian that could actually kick your ass....or some anorexic Gossip Girl reject. Not some powerless girl trying to fit in to modern Facebook blogging and One Direction concerts. She's practically on par with Superman in the heavy hitter category for cripes sake...come on...

Evpraksiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Evpraksiya

"source material" ?the sht they're feedin us with since the 600#? easy to follow...they feel true they're wrong. That's a money made WW she's not WW. haha haha haha

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By yo_yo_fun

It actually sounds a lot better now. I really hope this turns out good!

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GrimoireMyst

@Outside_85: I didn't like some of that movie though. One scene was if I remember correctly Steve wakes up and looks around and says am I in heaven, gets punched in the face right away then the Queen says we are peaceful amazons. I myself really don't like being hit in the face for no reason could be the reason though. lol (Also the first half was all men are evil over and over and women are pure goodness which was annoying.)

No Amazons besides the Queen and Wonder Woman would be great for a show.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By fodigg

I like the fish out of water humor of these scenes. That should definitely be a part of WW, but neither convince me she's going to be badass enough. She has to be the uber-badass.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58  Edited By lifeboy

Im glad WW is getting a tv show and not a movie. It makes the dc universe more diverse. I wonder if WW will be coming out in the superman movie? Also if they are going to use her tv show as a spring board for the JL movie. Sounds like the plan is coming together.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Outside_85

@Grimoire: Well the part where 'all men a pigs' is sorta needed to explain why the Amazons prefer not seeing men and remain on their island. Also the punch might be an indicator to which head Steve should be thinking with (but you're right the 'peaceful' remark afterwards is a bit silly, but I dont remember it).

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Video_Martian

HAHAHA WOW DC You continue to amaze me...

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By xxxddd

So a Wonder Woman tv show can be made but not a Ms. Marvel one?

smh

supersmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By supersmith

Ah so Steve is going to be patterned after the bad boy type now and Diana is going to fall for that. Guess he'll like her rack too. It's the CW so we shall have love triangles too no doubt and shirtless bodies.

Avatar image for carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jasmine. I just agree... Adam`s postlng is impossible, on sunday I bought a new Volkswagen Golf GTI from bringing in $5589 this past five weeks and-a little over, 10/k this past month. it's realy the most financially rewarding I have ever had. I began this eight months/ago and pretty much immediately startad earning over $81.. per hour. I use this website, cloud68 dotcom

redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By redhoodnet

Well

Before I got to see Arrow I would have been in the "this wont work camp" but after what I have seen from Arrow I am looking forward to this. And lets be honest if we are not supportive of this it is not like there is a line of people waiting to make a WW show. I love the simple fact that we can see a WW live action show.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jobbernos

@redhoodnet: why is it that people are always doubting dc or cw? but when marvel decides to do something similar everyone never doubts them...

mikeycub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mikeycub

Meh

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Press Oblivion

@carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: sweet . .. what

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jphulk26

Sounds a bit better and she needs some media exposure. Hopefully people will fall in love with Diana as I have and start giving her a chance. However I still think they need to give her superpowers and supervillians. I also think its extremely important that they have the budget to make her look cool on TV. No cutting corners.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.