Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Top 5 Favorite Wonder Woman stories?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Just curious to see what Wonder Woman stories people here like the most. I'm still somewhat of a new fan so I haven't read as many stories with Diana with as I'd like. Partly because my local comic book shop doesn't have many and Comixology doesn't have much aside from the big ongoing runs. Here is my list:

1. The Circle (vol. 3 #14-19)

2. Brian Azzarello's Run (vol. 4 #1-35 / Not sure what else to call it)

3. Ends of the Earth (vol. 3 #20-25)

4. Gods and Mortals (vol. 2 #1-7)

5. Dig for Fire (Sensation Comics vol. 2 #16-18)

Can be more or less than 5 if you want.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By silent_bomber

The only ones I really liked were Gods and Mortals, Who Killed Myndi Mayer, and maybe the Hiketeia

Eyes of the Gorgon was reasonable, as was A League of One, Challenge of the Gods was okay, Gods of Gotham was kinda' good.

I really need to read more Wonder Woman, I don't think I've read any stories I disliked, just haven't read a lot that wowed me. I've intended to check out The Circle for quite a while now, but have a big backlog of comics I want to read at the moment.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

I only read Gods and Mortals and Azzerllo's stories for Wonder Woman and enjoyed tem alot.

So those two.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. Eyes of the Gorgon

2. The Bronze Doors

3. Challenge of the Gods

4. Who Is Wonder Woman?

5. The Odyssey

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order

Gods and Mortals

Azzarello

Paradise Found

Eyes of the Gorgon

Golden Age WW or the Labors of WW from the Bronze Age which essentially re-established WW as a top tier hero after her depowered years ... not sure you can really call either of these stories in the same sense as the more modern stuff, but IMO they are the foundation for the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
    deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronological order, but Eyes of the Gorgon is my fave:

Gods and Mortals (Vol. 2 1-7)
    The 18th Letter (Legends of the DC Universe 30-32)
    Eyes of the Gorgon (Vol. 2 206-210)
    The whole of Rucka's final stretch, not exactly a story, but collected as a TPB called Mission's End and there is the general plotline of the unravelling of her mission (Vol 2 218-226)
    The Circle, especially if we include the Expatriate 2-parter in the TPB (Vol. 3 14-19)

HM: Perez's Cheetah story that introduces the Bana amazons, Messner-Loebs' Space Arc, Jimenez's Day in the Life

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Archizooom

In no specific order - Azzarello's run (on account of Chiang's sumptuous artwork), Perez's Cheetah+Bana Mighdall arc, Paradise Found, The Circle and Who is Wonder Woman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.