Too overpowered?

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit, haven't really looked at WW and what I have seen of her she just seems to steamroll through everything even after getting beat down by whoever she is fighting against. More to it, does WW even have a weakness? Like an actual weakness, getting beat down isn't exactly a weakness thats just getting beat down I mean even Superman has a weakness but what I have seen of WW she has no weakness at all and whatever is thrown at her or whatever she just blocks with her unbreakable bracelets. I'm kinda talking about more Pre-52 WW, the New one...I dunno how she is made out if that(unless she is the same). 
 
She can match Supes about pretty much everything, but to me she just wipes the floor with everyone like Superman(even against Superman she beat him...). Or am I overlooking something about WW?

Online
#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

not so much overpower as she has to much unbreakable stuff. as for an exploitable weakness none.

#3 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

her skin can be cut by bullets and spears.

#4 Edited by Wolfrazer (6111 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

not so much overpower as she has to much unbreakable stuff. as for an exploitable weakness none.

So its pretty much the unbreakable stuff that seems to make her overpowered? Guess that makes sense, never really seen her actually wounded though all I see is her blocking with the bracelets, or dodging or just tanking a fist to the face and standing right back up to fight.
Online
#5 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@KainScion said:

not so much overpower as she has to much unbreakable stuff. as for an exploitable weakness none.

So its pretty much the unbreakable stuff that seems to make her overpowered?

that annoys me yes.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wolfrazer: she's not overpowered in the least 
#7 Posted by Wolfrazer (6111 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@KainScion said:

not so much overpower as she has to much unbreakable stuff. as for an exploitable weakness none.

So its pretty much the unbreakable stuff that seems to make her overpowered?

that annoys me yes.

Ah ok then, guess that clears it up I guess....it annoys me too then.
Online
#8 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@KainScion said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@KainScion said:

not so much overpower as she has to much unbreakable stuff. as for an exploitable weakness none.

So its pretty much the unbreakable stuff that seems to make her overpowered?

that annoys me yes.

Ah ok then, guess that clears it up I guess....it annoys me too then.

i still like her as a character tough. shes not perfect but i like her especially when shes written with a sense of humor. have you read any ww issues or are you just going by battles??

#9 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

She "moon tiara action"ed superman's throat don't forget that

#10 Edited by Wolfrazer (6111 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@KainScion said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@KainScion said:

not so much overpower as she has to much unbreakable stuff. as for an exploitable weakness none.

So its pretty much the unbreakable stuff that seems to make her overpowered?

that annoys me yes.

Ah ok then, guess that clears it up I guess....it annoys me too then.

i still like her as a character tough. shes not perfect but i like her especially when shes written with a sense of humor. have you read any ww issues or are you just going by battles??

Mostly by battles and scans that people put up really, but then again those scans do involve her showing how powerful she really is and all never really getting her butt handed to her, so guess thats where this thread came from. Has she ever died? I mean I know comic heroes don't stay dead, but they still can die.
Online
#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: those are just highlights or pis. dont let them ruin the character for you. i for one have been enjoying the new52 ww book. she isnt the stuck-up b%tch the way theybve been depicting her for a couple of years. give it a try. or anything writen by gail simone.

#12 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think she is overpowered at all. Wonder Womans problem over the years has not been the her powers but the consistency of the advisaries she has to face, and the quality of the writing of her title, which can vary in quality.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't as strong as Superman so her not having a weakness is what makes her valuable to the JLA. If Supes gets taken down by kryptonite Diana is the next line of defense, plus she brings some magic to the mix.

#14 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

She is, in nowhere, overpowered. She has a weakness to sharp objects, her skin can be pierced. If anything, Superman is the overpowered one.

#15 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

In a universe with Zoom and Majestic, I don't see how Diana can be considered overpowered by any stretch of the imagination.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

She is overpowered, not because she lacks weaknesses, but because those weaknesses are never exploited. She can be cut or pierced but when's the last time we actually saw that happen?  
 
Also she has a tendency to be overwritten to the extreme, look at Rucka's Wonder Woman for proof. Just bs. 

#17 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She is overpowered, not because she lacks weaknesses, but because those weaknesses are never exploited. She can be cut or pierced but when's the last time we actually saw that happen? Also she has a tendency to be overwritten to the extreme, look at Rucka's Wonder Woman for proof. Just bs.

I actually believe she peforms under her levels.

She's meant to be the most powerful female hero, and Superman's virtual equal (she surpassed him in the Golden Age), but she often performs just above Power Girl levels.

She also frequently forgets she's a highly trained martial artist and defaults to brawling like a Kryptonian or Thor.

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@greenteaforme said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She is overpowered, not because she lacks weaknesses, but because those weaknesses are never exploited. She can be cut or pierced but when's the last time we actually saw that happen? Also she has a tendency to be overwritten to the extreme, look at Rucka's Wonder Woman for proof. Just bs.

I actually believe she peforms under her levels.

She's meant to be the most powerful female hero, and Superman's virtual equal (she surpassed him in the Golden Age), but she often performs just above Power Girl levels.

She also frequently forgets she's a highly trained martial artist and defaults to brawling like a Kryptonian or Thor.

Don't know why you brought up Diana surpassing Superman in the Golden Age, hardly relevant, particularly when you consider what happened in the Silver Age.  
 
And what's wrong with performing just above Power Girl? Power Girl's a Kryptonian and only slightly weaker than Superman.  
 
Because why bother using martial arts when you can just punch your opponent into oblivion? 
#19 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@greenteaforme said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She is overpowered, not because she lacks weaknesses, but because those weaknesses are never exploited. She can be cut or pierced but when's the last time we actually saw that happen? Also she has a tendency to be overwritten to the extreme, look at Rucka's Wonder Woman for proof. Just bs.

I actually believe she peforms under her levels.

She's meant to be the most powerful female hero, and Superman's virtual equal (she surpassed him in the Golden Age), but she often performs just above Power Girl levels.

She also frequently forgets she's a highly trained martial artist and defaults to brawling like a Kryptonian or Thor.

Don't know why you brought up Diana surpassing Superman in the Golden Age, hardly relevant, particularly when you consider what happened in the Silver Age. And what's wrong with performing just above Power Girl? Power Girl's a Kryptonian and only slightly weaker than Superman. Because why bother using martial arts when you can just punch your opponent into oblivion?

Because her original version is what her creator intended her to be. Equaling/surpassing Supes.

Why are you picking apart my comment? It has nothing wrong in it.

Also, WW had been plowed by Power Girl before, until she realized she can outfight her and then owned her severely.

Power Girl is not "slightly" under Superman. She is very, very much under Superman. She's only slightly under the standard "I'm holding back an unspecified amount" Superman.

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't as you say overpowered in her current series.
BB

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Better her as a powerhouse than a martial artist

A weak wonder woman is a worthless one

#22 Posted by Crimson_Butterfly (33 posts) - - Show Bio

She is far from being overpowered she has a weakness its more of a vulnerablity to sharp objects and pierce attacks.

#23 Posted by Wolfrazer (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I get it folks, already been told its more of her unbreakable stuff that seems to give the illusion she is OP.

Online
#24 Posted by GWHH (563 posts) - - Show Bio

according to the comics. She the STRONGEST women on planet Earth. The only other women as strong as her is super girl. But super girl will get stronger than her when she become an adult!

#25 Posted by UsagiTsukino (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc will never let any women suppress diana. Technically super girl will only be slightly strongly and the idea of her becoming stronger than Diana as be shelved

#26 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

her skin can be cut by bullets and spears.

true, but they say wonder woman can resist sun heat.

to overpowering if ya ask me.

#27 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@greenteaforme said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She is overpowered, not because she lacks weaknesses, but because those weaknesses are never exploited. She can be cut or pierced but when's the last time we actually saw that happen? Also she has a tendency to be overwritten to the extreme, look at Rucka's Wonder Woman for proof. Just bs.

I actually believe she peforms under her levels.

She's meant to be the most powerful female hero, and Superman's virtual equal (she surpassed him in the Golden Age), but she often performs just above Power Girl levels.

She also frequently forgets she's a highly trained martial artist and defaults to brawling like a Kryptonian or Thor.

Don't know why you brought up Diana surpassing Superman in the Golden Age, hardly relevant, particularly when you consider what happened in the Silver Age. And what's wrong with performing just above Power Girl? Power Girl's a Kryptonian and only slightly weaker than Superman. Because why bother using martial arts when you can just punch your opponent into oblivion?

Because her original version is what her creator intended her to be. Equaling/surpassing Supes.

Why are you picking apart my comment? It has nothing wrong in it.

Also, WW had been plowed by Power Girl before, until she realized she can outfight her and then owned her severely.

Power Girl is not "slightly" under Superman. She is very, very much under Superman. She's only slightly under the standard "I'm holding back an unspecified amount" Superman.

wonder woman say"PG at least as strong as me"

she say"at least"

so,yes,PG maybe stronger than ww

#28 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: who is pg?

#29 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@a88378438: who is pg?

powergirl

#30 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: k

#31 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

i belive powergirl stronger than ww@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@a88378438: k

#32 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: what has pg lifted thats more than what wonder woman has lifted?

#33 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

no,but ww say powergirl at least as strong as me@TERMINATOR1000:

#34 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

She is not overpowered, like everyone else, she has a common weakness, skarp objects.

#35 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

no,but ww say powergirl at least as strong as me@TERMINATOR1000:

as strong as you?

im confused.

#36 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

no..@TERMINATOR1000:

#37 Posted by UsagiTsukino (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I confused. Then doesn't that mean Diana it'snt the second strenghy person in the world. Power Girl is supergirl counterpart. So is supergirl the strongest ?

#38 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

no..@TERMINATOR1000:

Ah Ok I get it Now...lol

#39 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino: PG>SG>WW

PG>sg,supergirl says PG was stronger than me

#40 Posted by UsagiTsukino (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought powergirl and wonder woman were equal? So wonder woman is weaker than both? Sorry this is just a bit confusing.

#41 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino: no,that Depending on how you use version

Early of the PG very weak...when she high-level she would be stronger than supergirl,and dark supergirl would be a bit stronger than ww.though

normal supergirl strength=normal powergirl maybe both a bit stronger than ww

#42 Posted by UsagiTsukino (246 posts) - - Show Bio

So how is wonder woman still the second strongest person in DC? If supergirl and power are stronger than her?

#43 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino said:

So how is wonder woman still the second strongest person in DC? If supergirl and power are stronger than her?

where has this?!

she was most powerful woman in the planet,not most strongest woman in planet

#44 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: by the way,the DC most strongest girl was Silver age supergirl

all comic most strongest girl was suprema@UsagiTsukino:

#45 Posted by UsagiTsukino (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. I read that in DC dc encyclopedia. Than again she able to take on supergirl pretty easily. it appears that in JL new 52 she equal or nearly equal to superman. But now we see her busting Green Lanterrn's power ring Bubbles, and kicking Superman around. It appears that at least Under Geoff Johns, Wonder Woman is as strong as Superman or nearly as strong.

#46 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino said:

Okay. I read that in DC dc encyclopedia. Than again she able to take on supergirl pretty easily. it appears that in JL new 52 she equal or nearly equal to superman. But now we see her busting Green Lanterrn's power ring Bubbles, and kicking Superman around. It appears that at least Under Geoff Johns, Wonder Woman is as strong as Superman or nearly as strong.

supergirl even not want to hurt wonder woman,and she not know how can use her power,that nothing

and in new 52,the superman and gl also don't want to hurt wonder woman,they are just want to hold her,and wonder woman pound him,just so

#47 Posted by UsagiTsukino (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Zantanna state wonder woman in the one powerful female and supergirl the second. So Diana , Superman, and Supergirl are all in class A. Even if supergirl surpassed wonder woman it would be by a slight amount since there is not class a plus. It's also how that writers want to write supergirl or wonder woman. .they can make wonder woman equal to superman or nearly superman. They can make supergirl nearly or equal to wonder woman. Okay I got. Wonder Woman is most powerful not strongest. So supergirl he strongest but not the most powerful.

#48 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino: sure,wonder woman was most powerful woman in planet

but all the DC comic most powerful woman was The Elaine Belloc

#49 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman isn't overpowered,she is vulnerable against piercing weapons,for me the real problem is that soetimes writters make her inconsistent,she has gods like powers,and if that's how the writtrers will develop her power level,then they should be consistent,you can't say she got god like strength and speed and then show her being beaten by a punch from batman,that kind of PIS is the problem,that's why some readers can't make up their minds about how powerful she is,she has gods like powers,so they must writte her power in the proper way,showing her strength,showing that she can fight at super speed like a god,etc,and show her vulnerability to piercing weapons if they want,but they haver to be consistent with her power level and feats,like gerge perez did,and like ruka did.

#50 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

overpowered is relative.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.