To the Wonder Corvette! (part 2)

Posted by RazzaTazz (9351 posts) - - Show Bio

As seems to be the case increasingly recently, I am talking about things in my blog which I have talked about before. Maybe I am running out of ideas, or just showing the limits of what actually interests me. In this case it is a sequel to a blog that I never thought I would have reason to visit again (part 1 here from 17 months ago.) In the original I pointed out how some superhero based toys are made which really look somewhat ridiculous except as I identified in the case of Wonder Woman, who got a regular looking car. As many know, one of my favourite periods of Wonder Woman was the mod girl phase, when she was depowered and was a female Bruce Lee, dressed all in white. I occasionally pick up a new issue which this version is in as she did a few cameos around the DC universe at the time. In this one she is in Europe when Bruce Wayne decides to drive his own car in a motor race (Iron Man 2 anyone?). His car looks ridiculous, hers looks ... normal!

Based on the actual toys following a similar format, it makes me wonder if there is something endemic to the characters that Batman (and other superheroes) gets a flashy and impractical abomination while Wonder Woman gets the neat looking one.

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.