Title For Wonder Woman's Possible New TV show?

#1 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Wonder Woman landed the chance to be featured in a pilot by NBC But what should the Official Title of the Show be?

Is it best to just call it Wonder Woman

or do you have something else in mind based on what you know about the show so far. Just thought it would be fun to speculate.

#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman, is probably the best they can call it, she's a mainstream hero one of the biggest with her name she will have the built in audience of comic and superhero media fans and general fans interested.

#3 Posted by MrDirector786 (43558 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just thinking it could just be called Wonder Woman as well.

#4 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

in the past superhero shows , atleast the non-campy ones, where often called something different

Smallville
Lois and Clark

ETC

Titling it Wonder Woman may not be the right thing to do

#5 Edited by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

U know, I'm not sure that people would really expect something from the show if they just called it Wonder Woman. Plus, if the show moves too far from the comics, people wud say that it is not relevant to the source material. Which is y Catwoman the movie failed yet Smallville succeeded. Ppl knew they were in for something a bit different.

#6 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe just call it 

"Amazon" :P 

"Amazonian"

"Theymisciara"

"Paradise Falls"

" Man's World"  was already taken :P

"Prince"

"Prince and Princess" ok Corny I know

None of this means anything . just thought it would be fun to speculate :P

Just so excited forgive me :P

#7 Posted by MrDirector786 (43558 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't think of a name either. The only thing that comes to mind is Wonder Woman: The Series.

#8 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow: I thought catwoman failed because it was horrible, and Smallville has succeed because  It's Superman and was established by the WB, when the WB was extremely popular, the first 3 seasons were great, with teenage drama which attracted the wb's typical viewers, as around that time. And that has continued to increase because it's been on so long.
#9 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
" @Batcrow: I thought catwoman failed because it was horrible, and Smallville has succeed because  It's Superman and was established by the WB, when the WB was extremely popular, the first 3 seasons were great, with teenage drama which attracted the wb's typical viewers, as around that time. And that has continued to increase because it's been on so long. "
True, but ONE of the reasons people did not like the Catwoman movie was that it was supposed to represent her yet it did nothing of the sort. Maybe they just went the wrong angle with it. That's the risk with movies, with Smallville they had plenty of time to do whatever they wanted.
#10 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow: Well it wasn't the catwoman everyone knew, it wasn't selina kyle, it was a horrible story as well. And part of the appeal of Smallville is everyrones waiting for the end to see him be superman, the title has absolutely nothing to do with it. They  want Clark in a suit, and flying. Calling the series something like themyscira will do nothing for the show, the casual viewer won't know that without watching an episode. Smallville on the other hand is a different story since his story has been told in comics, movies and animated series.
#11 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Just throwing names out there... 

Diana of Themyscira

Princess Diana 

Princess of Themyscira

Princess of The Amazons

Champion of The Amazons

#12 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Noctis: Those don't seem likely to catch on honestly if they can come up with something that works, if not just stick with wonder woman.
#13 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
" @Noctis: Those don't seem likely to catch on honestly if they can come up with something that works, if not just stick with wonder woman. "
hehe your probably right
#14 Edited by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking of a name is harder than I thought :P.  
Something not really predictable... 

It's hard to say since we don't know much about the story besides the supposed corp. exec. thing....

#15 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it will not be Wonder Woman Inc.

#16 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:
"

Hopefully it will not be Wonder Woman Inc.

"
lol
#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wonder Woman.

#18 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman in the Wilderness of Wonderland with Whimsical Willy :P 

And yes, I am being sarcastic....lol

#19 Posted by PenguinDust (52 posts) - - Show Bio

If they called it "Amazon" people will think it's about an online retailer.  Who can actually pronounce "T hemyscira", so anything involving that seems unlikely.  I like the above suggestion "Paradise Falls", but it recalls the short lived FOX series, "Wonderfalls".  The use of "paradise" is pretty cool, though.  Perhaps "Back from Paradise" or something along that route.  The problem is it doesn't immediately inform the viewer what and who it's about.  I kinda believe you have to use "wonder" in the title somewhere to infer the show's subject.  But then again "wonder" is such a hard word to use without coming off as hokey.  "Woman of Wonder" or "A Wondrous Warrior" sound like Lifetime movies.  Think anyone would notice "Diana: Warrior Princess"?  Is "Dude, Where's My Invisible Plane?" too wordy?  In the end, the best possible choice might just be the simplest; "Wonder Woman: Amazon Princess"

#20 Posted by Evpraksiya (260 posts) - - Show Bio

''Shitty Parody''

#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it matter? It's NBC it's not going to last more than a season

#22 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

" Does it matter? It's NBC it's not going to last more than a season "

I hope you are wrong because based on what I heard so far I think I am going to love it :P....I am sure comic fans won't like it :(

Anyway I think they settled on Wonder Woman :P
#23 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

The title should be "Wonder Woman: Now Shut the Hell Up Fan Boys!"

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I read a description of what NBC and David E. Kelly want to do with the show and given how often the phrase girl power was thrown out I'm worried about this show.  
It sounded to me like Kelly wants to do Ally Mcbeal with super powers 

#25 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah should be fun

#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
As much as I want you to be wrong, you're probably right. There just aren't as much Wonder Woman fans out there as much as Superman or Spider-Man fans. 
#27 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
As much as I want you to be wrong, you're probably right. There just aren't as much Wonder Woman fans out there as much as Superman or Spider-Man fans.  "
Though very true, which is a failure of a generation of writers that has handled the character. I meant more that NBC isn't known for long term fantasy series.
#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
As much as I want you to be wrong, you're probably right. There just aren't as much Wonder Woman fans out there as much as Superman or Spider-Man fans.  "
Though very true, which is a failure of a generation of writers that has handled the character. I meant more that NBC isn't known for long term fantasy series. "
Well there was Heroes... And well... Dammit can't think of a better example, lol
#29 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Yeah but David E Kelly made Boston Legal and that was one of the best shows on in the last decade imo. It did a great job of blending comedy, characters, and drama that felt real and not (completely) over the top. If this show is half as good I think we have a hit.
#30 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
" @TheCrowbar: Yeah but David E Kelly made Boston Legal and that was one of the best shows on in the last decade imo. It did a great job of blending comedy, characters, and drama that felt real and not (completely) over the top. If this show is half as good I think we have a hit. "
Aired on ABC
#31 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

NBC has been purchased my Comcast last month. Its not going to be the same NBC since new people are incharge of the programming. That is why Wonder Woman was picked up in the first place. Otherwise NBC would not have picked it up

#32 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: ok...my argument is that David E Kelly is so good it doesn't matter how bad NBC is
#33 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Kelley is very good as reaching his target audience which is 18 - 45 year old females. That's all he needs for the show to be a success. :P

#34 Posted by BloodyFlix (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I really worry for the show. I want it to be a success, even if they stray from the actual story ala Smallville. I could rant on how I feel it should be treated and what I think will actually happen, but the point of this topic is a name for the show so... 

1. Gateway - As in Gateway City, where she has operated from before and could be the focus of the series 

2. Diana -  Simple. Just tag it with a different subtitle each season... assuming it goes farther than one. Like Diana "Truth."  Diana "Princess in Man's World"  Diana "Ambassador to Man's World." and so on... Those aren't great I know, but you get the idea.  

3. WW-  Again simple, but I can already see all the attractive promos.  

4. All Star Amazon - As in her first appearance in All Star 

5. Bullets and Bracelets - Title of one of her books. I like the sound of it 

6. Themyscira  - It might be hard to pronounce to people who aren't familiar with WW, but it'll educate them. 

7. Truth - No idea, just an idea, lol 

I hope if it does happen, it isn't made to have too strong of a feminist agenda kinda feel. Girl power is great, but has it's place. I think it'll alienate people fast.  

Might I recommend also that they avoid a "campy" feel like Xena, or stray too far and into odd places like Birds of Prey.
#35 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they don't put "Wonder Woman" in the title it's all. Not like they are making it based on the character anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.