Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

This WW/Superman thing should end NOW

• 182 results
    SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@firewoman:

In this series, the main role is played only Superman. That confirms the title of a comic, where the nickname Clark is the first. In the title of a comic about the first World's Finest Batman is the first.

That’s certainly one of … strangest arguments I ever read. Because Clark’s nickname was put first, he automatically has a main role in title? Seriously?

For all we know, maybe DC just decided to put them in alphabetical order: Batman – Superman – Wonder Woman.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dshipp17: All the information is here. I just generally paraphrased it and it will probs be the last @ I answer about it because I know some people will sadly agree with him on here.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batpala: why is everyone using the get-a-life phrase after William Shatner? I thought only because some of the people on this planet invest a fraction of their time to what this guy's company is selling that he gets his job.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By darkman61288

This is my favourite book so far, honestly. Its the first good book featuring Wonder Woman, and since the H'El on Earth arc, its the best book for any member of the SuperFamily.

I will say, yeah, I see more solicits featuring Superman villains, but the thing is, he has more/better villains than Wonder Woman. If anything, her getting to throw down with them is a huge improvement.

And its well known that I really enjoy the romance, and im glad in this book its a little bit explicit (when its swept under the rug almost every where else). I would be totally happy if this was the status quo from here on out, and they got Lois out of Kal's books completely, by any means necessary.

Maybe in 10 years after fans get tried of SM/WW maybe they can do the same to Wonder Woman? That a thought.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

This is my favourite book so far, honestly. Its the first good book featuring Wonder Woman, and since the H'El on Earth arc, its the best book for any member of the SuperFamily.

I will say, yeah, I see more solicits featuring Superman villains, but the thing is, he has more/better villains than Wonder Woman. If anything, her getting to throw down with them is a huge improvement.

And its well known that I really enjoy the romance, and im glad in this book its a little bit explicit (when its swept under the rug almost every where else). I would be totally happy if this was the status quo from here on out, and they got Lois out of Kal's books completely, by any means necessary.

Maybe in 10 years after fans get tried of SM/WW maybe they can do the same to Wonder Woman? That a thought.

What a nightmare: Wonder Woman becomes a babe, gets old, gets dumped.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:
    @deaditegonzo said:

I am sure that will happen. That is why I hate it. Regardless of how it is written the romance with Superman will turn Diana into his supporting character and then when DC reboots again WW will be view as Superman's ex girlfriend and useless. She will sell less than she is now. The only way she can overcome that is to be completely redone and is pretty much a different like character.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: It's not that bad... There' still a chance for her. Break up and have a partnership with Superman, and let the series Superman/WW continue like batman/superman. Then she can just be his colleague and best friend. In the meantime, use good writers for WW series, make interactions with the rest of the world, let her be important.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: Agreed, I think they can't date to long. Or what I said could happen.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PowerWoman
    whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By whygamespot
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: I mean,I agree they are should be END,NOW,I dont want to see wonder woman become a supporting character and superman's villains crush her,that just shame ww,I cant think about next when Zod vs S/W,he one shotted out wonder woman then superman totally owned zod,No,just stop it

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By whygamespot

@powerwoman: Even though her fight with Faora will be interesting, she should have not problem winning. Faora hasn't been exposed to much sunlight, so she wouldn't be too strong. In terms of martial art, NO ONE beats WW.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

enjoying every moment of it

go read lois lane ya party pooper

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: As I explained earlier in this thread, I am not opposing to the series, just the relationship and its rationale.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

What an original complaint...

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By whygamespot
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: Well,Maybe that a way could be dont shame ww,but

Faora even can EASILY beat Pre-crisis superman.here

Pre-crisis superman cant hurt her(who can easily move planets)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

She totally owned PC superman!!!!I mean,Never happen a girl/woman could beat superman in comic book,Only Faora beat him in physically,and EASILY,That never happy again,And now,Faora would be fight wonder woman!?

Wow

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really cant waiting next"bloody massacre“

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By whygamespot

@powerwoman: That comic is old... Faora has changed so much since then. Besides, superman has little knowledge of martial art. Wonder Woman is the master of MA. Remember when she said she was going to teach Superman to use a sword? Now would be a good chance to prove Superman could use some superior fighting skills.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: SA superman has a horrible record of jobbing against things that he should be able to beat

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PowerWoman

@hastalavista: Faora is weaker than superman,yes,but just A BIT,she can beat superman has two reason

1,She almost as strong as superman(but yeah,she a bit weaker than him)So,even she isnt have better skills than superman,superman cant easily beat her,not easily

2,She has much better skills than superman

Together,she beat superman with EASILY

what is wonder woman?she isnt even close superman in strength(Pre-crisis),she only has better skills than superman,so that why she cant BEAT superman

And,now,you put farora vs wonder woman,it's just bloody massacre

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PowerWoman
    Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Strongarm

@powerwoman: He be lifting up planets in one SA issue then be thrashed by Olsen in another SA issue

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: You read this comic book?when Olsen hurt him he isnt have POWER,Serious,This is a terrible interpret out of context,also,Faora is a Pre-crisis Kryptonian,Any PC Kryptonians could be EASILY move a lot of planets in one hand

There no any PIS

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: PC anything, almost 70% of alien foes can do that

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: pre-crisis has no relation with this continuum. In new52 on Krypton, Faora was just a middle-rank military. Diana is the freakin' God of War.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: Some charater is powerful,Some just PIS,you cant see a charater beat superman so it's a bad story or PIS,there someone beat superman it's quite reasonable,Faora is a Pre-crisis Kryptonian,Yes,Even in this issue,lois said superman is stronger than her----------but not too much,and faora was man-killer,she kill many kryptonians(strong men)she can easily beat superman it's PIS

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong,She can beat superman it's not PIS

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: superman is strong, its just weird that he is beaten directly by weaker folk

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: Believe me, usually is have a reason,there not too much "PIS",but silver age superman is much stronger than bronze age superman,bronze age superman is depowered

@powerwoman: pre-crisis has no relation with this continuum. In new52 on Krypton, Faora was just a middle-rank military. Diana is the freakin' God of War.

And this "God" almost die by monster casual a blow,and she two arms is broken.really powerful"God"

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Strongarm
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PowerWoman

@strongarm: No,Depowered,You know Pre-52 wonder woman how powerful?No,you dont know

New52 wonder woman is far weaker than Pre-52 wonder woman ,even not close,you can check her feats thread,almost just useless junks,oh,I forgot her"god-mode",yeah,but why she not use it when DD almost kill her?Eh..

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: dumb ass writers who rarely check consistent feats

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By whygamespot

@powerwoman: I was talking about theoretically what should happen. I have no idea if the writer cares about this...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: Yeah,

The idea people have long espoused is that Wonder Woman doesn't have to be as strong as Superman because she is such a better fighter and that equals it out. This issue DDay took that idea, stomped a mudhole in it and walked it dry.

I remember she said Superman needs "training"?superman needs better skills?Right?And she "better skills" was nothing to do with DD

HA,better skills..It's just joke

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: You are right!

But New 52 ww,she strength,speed feats,it's 0 feat

Yes,no any feat

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hastalavista: Why are you so angry about that? I don't see anyone complaining about the fact taht in batman superman tehy are fighting superman villains...

Besides WW is not full of popular villains, she usually fights them once or twice. She even says it her self in the Justice League comic book.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista said:

@darkman61288 said:
    @deaditegonzo said:

I am sure that will happen. That is why I hate it. Regardless of how it is written the romance with Superman will turn Diana into his supporting character and then when DC reboots again WW will be view as Superman's ex girlfriend and useless. She will sell less than she is now. The only way she can overcome that is to be completely redone and is pretty much a different like character.

Except, Wonder Woman was a popular character before Superman. And she wasnt made JUST to be Superman's girlfriend. And she is a lot more dynamic as a character than Lois.

You dont have a lot of faith in Wonder Woman if you think her entire fanbase is dependent on Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#91  Edited By SOG7dc

Haters gonna Hate...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PowerWoman

@deaditegonzo: She is,now,that not hate or something,she just superman supporting character

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: She is,now,that not hate or something,she just superman supporting character

I have to disagree. They were portrayed as equals in the Superman/Wonder Woman comic. Shoot, she even made fun of his fighting ability and tried to train him.

Wonder Woman is one of my favourite characters, and I have to say this is the best book featuring her.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

I have to disagree. They were portrayed as equals in the Superman/Wonder Woman comic. Shoot, she even made fun of his fighting ability and tried to train him.

Wonder Woman is one of my favourite characters, and I have to say this is the best book featuring her.

That why she just superman supporting charater,WW wants to teach fighting moves but she sucks against a real threat, The one aspect highlighted for WW - her skill - is only told to us, not shown, and quickly undermined.The author tells us that Diana thinks she is the better trained fighter, but he then follows it by showing her beat down by Doomsday. Do we see any effective use of skill there?

No

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@powerwoman said:

That why she just superman supporting charater,WW wants to teach fighting moves but she sucks against a real threat, The one aspect highlighted for WW - her skill - is only told to us, not shown, and quickly undermined.The author tells us that Diana thinks she is the better trained fighter, but he then follows it by showing her beat down by Doomsday. Do we see any effective use of skill there?

No

Wonder Woman shouldnt be able to beat Doomsday. That is the WHOLE point of Doomsday. It was a threat created to make Superman go to his absolute limit, and still be incapable of walking away. When he first appeared, he beat Booster Gold, Flash, and Maxima all by himself.

I will say, she had a pretty good showing in the sense that when Supes first bumped into DD in the comic, he was sent flying thousands of feet. She at least went toe to toe.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:
    @deaditegonzo said:

@powerwoman said:

No

Wonder Woman shouldnt be able to beat Doomsday. That is the WHOLE point of Doomsday. It was a threat created to make Superman go to his absolute limit, and still be incapable of walking away. When he first appeared, he beat Booster Gold, Flash, and Maxima all by himself.

I will say, she had a pretty good showing in the sense that when Supes first bumped into DD in the comic, he was sent flying thousands of feet. She at least went toe to toe.

DD beat JLA,but when superman fight DD,they are KO each other,right?what about when wonder woman fight DD?she not fight back,DD casual one blow,that make wonder woman two arms broken,

How did DDay break BOTH of Diana's arms?

One arm I can certainly understand, but breaking both seems just wildly unlikely? How do you hit someone with your fist and do that?

The only way I can think of would be if Wonder Woman were trying to block the blow with her bracers and the force broke her arms anyway.

Which would, to put it bluntly, be crap.

But is there another explanation? How else do you make contact with both of a persons arms with one fist?

And where is wonder woman skills?While her offer of skill training is still logical, narratively speaking, how important are those skills portrayed when immediately following her lecture, her skills are portrayed as very ineffective?

That only way,wonder woman is far weaker than superman,DD,thay why her skills was nothing to do with DD

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Another one of these threads? What are the chances?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Heres Doomsday breaking Superman's arm, does that make it better? Doomsday in SM/WW had a fist the size of WW's torso. They also made it abundantly clear that without WW's aid, Supes wont be able to beat Doomsday. She's taking him to get god armour for goodness sake.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: That just one arm,ww broken two,how?

The only way I can think of would be if Wonder Woman were trying to block the blow with her bracers and the force broke her arms anyway.

And there have a fact,superman has much better feats in the New 52,ww isnt even close him,sorry,I dont want to see next when zod one shotted ww,and superman totally owned zod

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.