This should be Diana's n52 look

• 59 results
#1 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

http://rahzzah.deviantart.com/art/Diana-of-Themyscira-345206066

#2 Posted by Tmul501 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. It's cool, but I like her current look better.

#3 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

No, this should be:

Kris Anka's Redesign

Or this:

#4 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

Or even this:

#5 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

I still miss her pants

#6 Posted by Joygirl (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs longer hair, but I dig the digs.

#7 Posted by darkman61288 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Something like the Black Widow's or Catwoman's outfit.

#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

There are elements of it I like, and others I don't.

#9 Edited by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

1st pic: (short hair) I would probably prefer it over the current design

2nd pic: (buff WW) Seems more in theme than the current design.

3rd pic: (cosplay) How is this different from the current design(s)?

4th pic: (Justlice League) This looks canon so maybe this post was a joke. But I noticed she's not wearing gold, only silver, which is perhaps less tacky. (though silver is also more pedestrian) Come tot think of it, how about a WW with an all gold outfit? Or gold with white cloth, cause everyone wore white rags in greek, even WW's people in the comics.

btw the 1st pic is really good actually. But it doesnt seem like WW, it seems like a totally new character that has the name of WW. Then again if the real WW changed hairstyle would she look like totally different person?

#10 Posted by The Stegman (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, I like current WW, I wouldn't mind it being Donna Troy's new look.

#11 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, I'm not a fan of skirts.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig OP's design

#13 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

The hair. Long hair looks better although short hair makes more sense for combat

#14 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk said:

@Captain13 said:

No, this should be:

Kris Anka's Redesign

Or this:

@Captain13 said:

Or even this:

1. Nah.

2.nah

3. nah.

4. nah.

#15 Posted by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see more of this outfit.

#16 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@theOVOXO: Ditto. I think it'll be less of a shock to the fanboys.

@sunhawk: I do like that look from the waist down.

#17 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

The above design looks great.

#18 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it.

#19 Posted by TheCannon (18660 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Trolling gets annoying.

#20 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

Nah, I'm not a fan of skirts.

That's what the Greeks and Romans wore in combat, so...

#21 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk said:

That is all business, I love it!

#22 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Yeah I know, it's a bit dated for a modern super hero, and besides it reminds me of a cheer leader.

#23 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@Captain13: Yeah I know, it's a bit dated for a modern super hero, and besides it reminds me of a cheer leader.

That's the point. Themyscira is an ancient paradise from antiquity. Not giving her a gladiator skirt because it looks old fashioned is as silly as saying Thor shouldn't wear a tunic or use a hammer because it looks dated. Again, that's the point. And--in my mind--there's a sharp difference between a mini skirt--like Supergirl used to have--and a warrior skirt that was worn by men in battle. I'm curious, do you feel that way when you see a man wear a warrior skirt in films like Troy or shows like Spartacus?

#24 Posted by starrk_coyote (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

No, this should be:

Kris Anka's Redesign

to be honest this one works a lot for me :)

#25 Posted by darkman61288 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

The skirt makes her look it Xena. And your idea good but she needs long hair.

#26 Edited by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: You don't have to wear something from where you came from to show the world that you came from a specific place. For me, I am liking the New 52 outfit, even the pants/tights before, too much stars printed on her panties didn't suit well for me since it looks like she's just representing the USA. A character based from the Greek myth shouldn't be wearing another countries symbols in my opinion. I am also not into women wearing skirt, especially strong women. That's one reason why I don't really like Super Girl but love Power Girl instead even tho I know they're very similar. I actually like Donna Troy's simple but effective costume, just an black cosmic like cat suit and the bracelets.

Regarding men wearing a warrior skirt or kilts, well depends on who's wearing them, their physicality...in essence they have to be hot to be able to pull off a skirt.

#27 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (738 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate all that ish. I like Wonder Woman to look like a superhero and I miss the Dodson redesign. Is that first pic supposed to be Diana or Scandal Savage?

#28 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk: nice look, but I like the current look

#29 Posted by BCreatures16 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Cliff Chiang's look with the armor posted by Having her running around in essentially a swimsuit doesn't sell the whole Amazon warrior aspect of her character.

#30 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, a WW design that doesn't look like Xena on the 4th of July ...

#31 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: ditto

#32 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

Mein gott, no. That's horrible. Too much going on, bleh.
BB

#33 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like it. The idea behind it is nice. But don't know if I would like this costume to appear in the comics.

#34 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck no! She has an ugly face in that illustration and while her figure is sexy it is not at all athletic.

#35 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

Pic #2 is the one for me.

#36 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@Captain13: You don't have to wear something from where you came from to show the world that you came from a specific place. For me, I am liking the New 52 outfit, even the pants/tights before, too much stars printed on her panties didn't suit well for me since it looks like she's just representing the USA. A character based from the Greek myth shouldn't be wearing another countries symbols in my opinion. I am also not into women wearing skirt, especially strong women. That's one reason why I don't really like Super Girl but love Power Girl instead even tho I know they're very similar. I actually like Donna Troy's simple but effective costume, just an black cosmic like cat suit and the bracelets.

Regarding men wearing a warrior skirt or kilts, well depends on who's wearing them, their physicality...in essence they have to be hot to be able to pull off a skirt.

1) Wonder Woman has always worn stars and american colors and that should never change. It's part of her iconic motif. You can't change a characters colors in the long term and have fans accept it. Also doing that would make her less recognizable and that would hurt her brand in licensing.

2) A strong woman can wear whatever she wants. She doesn't let other people dictate what is strong for her i.e skirt or pants. It's just as sexist to say that a 'strong woman" has to wear pants as it is to say that a woman has to wear a dress or a skirt or undies with nothing over them.

3) There's a difference between a gladiator skirt and a skirt. Only men wore gladiator skirt. Having a woman wear it is sign of power and defiance--and freedom.

4) No one in her culture--man or woman--wears pants, so to have Wonder Woman wear them makes no sense--especially since she is very proud of where she came from and would probably think that our clothes are weird since she's an outsider to our world.

5) If pants mean so much to you, there are plenty of other female superheroes with them like Ice, Fire, Vixen, and many others.

#37 Edited by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Point is I don't like the outfit and nothing you say can convince me otherwise! If I would accept that, she looks like a Barda rip-off.

#38 Posted by Z3RO180 (6533 posts) - - Show Bio

oh dear god no

#39 Edited by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this from a Mortal Kombat wikia just last night and it's weird because it unexpectedly sorta made me "get" WW:

"Returning to Themyscira, Wonder Woman learned that strange relics had been found scattered across the island: a sword, a shield and a golden amulet, all pulsing with energy. Compelled to equip herself with the items, she was infused with powers beyond those bestowed upon her by the Greek gods. She and her Amazons are now unstoppable as they fight for the preservation of Earth."

Her business is the "preservation of Earth". She's sort of like an alien being native to earth.

I dunno, don't ask, it's just I could never figured out what she was before other than a supposed greek deity who wears america who has 70s hair and uses lassos and weapons despite having Superman-level powers for no reason. I mean what is my brain supposed to do with that? There's nothing to work with. This is why I thought the pic in the OP to me looks like a better Wonder Woman. (and would get me far more interested in reading it) But yea yea there's the issue of recognizability and all that. Meh.

That said, in defense of WW this screenshot actually does make her look good. So it makes me think the gold > silver after all. (but its not just the outfit, but also the body type and the way she looks stoic)

#40 Posted by Pokeysteve (8293 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk said:

This isn't going to help the lesbian controversy surrounding WW.

#41 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that's horrible.

#42 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

I read this from a Mortal Kombat wikia just last night and it's weird because it unexpectedly sorta made me "get" WW:

"Returning to Themyscira, Wonder Woman learned that strange relics had been found scattered across the island: a sword, a shield and a golden amulet, all pulsing with energy. Compelled to equip herself with the items, she was infused with powers beyond those bestowed upon her by the Greek gods. She and her Amazons are now unstoppable as they fight for the preservation of Earth."

Her business is the "preservation of Earth". She's sort of like an alien being native to earth.

Dunno I could never figured out what she was before other than a supposed greek deity who wears america who has 70s hair and uses lassos and weapons despite having Superman-level powers for no reason. I mean what is my brain supposed to do with that? There's nothing to work with. This is why I thought the pic in the OP to me looks like a better Wonder Woman. (and would get me far more interested in reading it) But yea yea there's the issue of recognizability and all that. Meh.

That said, in defense of WW this screenshot actually does make her look good. So it makes me think the gold > silver after all. (but its not just the outfit, but also the body type and the way she looks stoic)

I like this outfit but with less stars, 2 is enough. I actually like the New 52 look.

#43 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

I dunno, don't ask, it's just I could never figured out what she was before other than a supposed greek deity who wears america who has 70s hair and uses lassos and weapons despite having Superman-level powers for no reason.

She does have a reason for wearing America's colors, you know (at least she had one Pre-52).

#44 Edited by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@ZEELLO said:

I dunno, don't ask, it's just I could never figured out what she was before other than a supposed greek deity who wears america who has 70s hair and uses lassos and weapons despite having Superman-level powers for no reason.

She does have a reason for wearing America's colors, you know (at least she had one Pre-52).

having a reason for it doesn't necessarily make it feel justified.

#45 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana should wear the Kingdom Come armor

/end thread

#46 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@ZEELLO said:

having a reason for it doesn't necessarily make it feel justified.

The Amazons are a different society than ours. They have no idea what "America" or the "USA" is, they just thought they were Diana Trevor's colors. And since she gave her life helping them, it makes sense that they would make a suit of armor based on her.

Works for me.

#47 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

She should wear what ever she wants. . .

#48 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

WW is an iconic character. This look would make her unrecognizable.

#49 Posted by Speedforce23 (35 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

The first ones ok if she has a bit more hair length just not too long. The second I'm not too fond of it. The third looks ok for live action if they use a different actor. The forth not bad but its canon so it doesn't count. The fifth has some things I like and some that I don't and its also canon so doesn't count.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.