Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The new 52-Wonder Woman isn't as hot

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

as Pre-52 Wonder Woman. Don't know why, she's too pale and her costume makes her look less hot.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Personally, I've never found any version of Wonder Woman hot. I mean, she isn't ugly or anything, she just has never struck me as particularly attractive either.

That being said, I do like the look of the New 52 Wonder Woman better than the previous one. Then again, I like EVERYTHING about the New 52 Wonder Woman better than pre-Flashpoint (speaking in regards to her solo title, her portrayal in Justice League has been up and down). I know a lot of long-time fans disagree with me on that, but as someone who never really cared about Wonder Woman before the reboot, that's how I feel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

She's more graceful than hot. More of an all rounder as looks go IMO.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By 4_color_image

The current version is by far my favorite since I discovered Wonder Woman in the mid 1970s. I think she is quite hot!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Martian

I've always preferred Wondy with curves...

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By ragdollpurps

I think you mean that you just haven't liked the way artists have depicted her since the reboot... because she essentially looks the same as she did before, only with a few very minor changes to her costume... I know Cliff Chiang depicts women to be more angular, but that's just his art style, not a change in her body type. Also, the paleness of her skin is just something that going to vary with colorists.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

Physically I haven't noticed much difference that can't be attributed to the artist

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By confirukia

I dont know in the new 52 i prefer girls who atleast looks decent and can keep their chest in side their outfit.Thats why i like supergirl

to me the hot superheroes look is sooo overated

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how she looks now. She has a more streamlined appearance in terms of her costume that goes well with the reboot and the fact that she's younger now. Plus, I really like the new somewhat darker color scheme. I actually love the way Cliff Chiang draws her. She doesn't look fat to me, but muscular: something I felt was lacking from many artists' representations of her. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can juggle tanks, you need to look like that's plausible. I'm all for making her beautiful (something which Chiang still accomplishes), but she's strong so she should look so as well.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@Wboy said:

Really? I actually think she looks better. The Justice League she looks really really good. Her own comic is less though she's a bit..i dunno bloated i guess. So far there aren't any of those manly drawings of her LOL.......some artists take the whole "defined face" thing and go WAAAAY too far.

@Wboy said:

Really? I actually think she looks better. The Justice League she looks really really good. Her own comic is less though she's a bit..i dunno bloated i guess. So far there aren't any of those manly drawings of her LOL.......some artists take the whole "defined face" thing and go WAAAAY too far.

This.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

@divingfalcon713 said:

I like how she looks now. She has a more streamlined appearance in terms of her costume that goes well with the reboot and the fact that she's younger now. Plus, I really like the new somewhat darker color scheme. I actually love the way Cliff Chiang draws her. She doesn't look fat to me, but muscular: something I felt was lacking from many artists' representations of her. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can juggle tanks, you need to look like that's plausible. I'm all for making her beautiful (something which Chiang still accomplishes), but she's strong so she should look so as well.

Bingo.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Katie24

@BlackArmor said:

Physically I haven't noticed much difference that can't be attributed to the artist

This.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fodigg

I've never thought of WW as "hot". I don't know why. It'd be like thinking Superman or Batman was "hot", by which I don't mean she's "one of the guys" but rather, an icon of strength who should be beautiful, but not the type of beauty you gawk at. Of course, the guys who grew up watching the old television show would come into my shop and basically nostalgically reminisce out loud to me how many boners they used to get watching Lynda Carter prance about in a WW costume. So some different perspectives on that.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I never found her hot. Because frequently old sweaty guys would talk about their baby boners to me when the topic of Wonder Women would come up.

As for the new 52, I don't like how she's drawn in Justice League but I like her in her solo title.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrShway88

Almost every female in comics is attractive physically. What makes them hot is the personality. The way they react to situations that define them with a unique attractive quality. This is what makes comicbook females truely attractive. Example: Cassandra Cain (Batgirl) is attractive to me because she is a ****ing awesome fighter and very loyal to those she works with. She also doesn't talk first and then kick butt, in fact be barely talks, but instead gets the job done. As for Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl), I find her annoying and too sunny. Both women are attractive but their personality makes them either more or less attractive in one's opinion. Wonder Woman is no exception. If one follows her story and enjoys her as a character then they will find her more attractive. Although if you are just talking about a physical form of attraction then wait for a new artist.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zdaybreak

Wonder Woman doesn't care if you find her hot or not.

Its stupid how fans can only care about the looks of certain characters, and care less about their other attributes. Do you read Batman because you want to tap that ass?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Rumble Man

@Shotgun:

That comment goes to nightwing, and bruce is no fat slouch either

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zdaybreak

@Rumble Man: At least people know that there is more to Nightwing than his tight buns.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rumble Man

@Shotgun: riight

warpgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By warpgirl

I never really found her hot. I mean, yes, she has always had a great body and a skimpy costume, showing even more skin than Power Girl depending on who draws her... but she always seems completely devoid of any sexuality. In her original story she was a statue brought to life... and that's always how I've seen her.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By x_29

So?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#22  Edited By BumpyBoo

@mr.obvious said:

Dang right! (high fives mr.obvious)

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Martian

@BumpyBoo said:

@mr.obvious said:

Dang right! (high fives mr.obvious)

(high fives BumbyBoo back) ;)

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By icysloth

I don't really likes Cliff Chiang's art. I think it makes her unattractive.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bruxae

I dont know about hotness, havent thought about it.. But I do prefer the new 52 look over the old one!

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@comicdude23 said:

as Pre-52 Wonder Woman. Don't know why, she's too pale and her costume makes her look less hot.

Wonder Woman doesn't exist to look "hot", dude.

If hotness is your concern, then her book isn't for you.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By theTimeStreamer

lee cant draw ww worth of spit

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Noctis

I like her new look more, though I would have preferred that they kept her with the pants. 

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Magian

It's just the art style.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By TDK_1997

That's because of the art style.

Avatar image for leonarddreiberg
    LeonardDreiberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By LeonardDreiberg

I don't think "Hotness" is the point. Wonder Woman has always been about embodying all the best traits of the female gender- yes that includes beauty. If hot is what you want over inspiring you can always pick up Lady Death or Playboy, not that I have anything against either. said it best, the hipster snark just takes away some of the impact of his brilliance for me.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By TheCrowbar

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Stupidity is universal.

So long as she's written well and the arts good, I'll read her.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By sethysquare
    Pre new 52
    Pre new 52
    new 52
    new 52
    Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@LeonardDreiberg: Hotness is the point. She was created to be a feminist icon but also drop dead gorgeous. "As beautiful as Aphrodite" is part of her origin statement and a fundamental part of her character. She was made to combine goodness, strength and intelligence with beauty and femininity.

Let's be real here, in the New 52 most of the women that were hot previously have been downgraded from 10's to 7's in order to make female readers more comfortable with the medium. Power Girl, Supergirl, Phantom Lady and Poison Ivy are the most prominent examples of this, but most of the female characters have been affected.

As for Wonder Woman, under Chiang's pencils she's not as voluptuous as she was when someone like the Dodsons were drawing her. She's not as feminine as when Aaron Lopresti drew her, and like Chiang he too drew her with as few curves as possible. She's a lot more plain, but part of the problem is the sharp and pointy nature of the new costume, combined with the coldness of the silver. It's off-putting. She's less of a fantasy and just not as warm and welcoming as she was before.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.