Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The Last Amazon / Fury

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By crowncoke

Forgive if I missed a thread along this line, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea who the new Fury will be? I was looking at her and from the tidbits we have received, I wondered if she would be the New 52's Donna Troy. It would explain her not showing up in any titles. It would also fit similarly with past history in which she was kidnapped and raised away from Amazons. That most recent image with her brandishing the whip brings to mind her with a red lasso. Cannot wait to see who Fury is. And wether or not we will get Donna back into comics. What do you all think?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Press Oblivion
    No Caption Provided

That would be cool! Guess we'll find out in a couple of months, issue 8 is supposed to be the big reveal.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

Based on the last podcast of James Robinson in comicvine, the clues point to Fury being the daughter of Wonder Woman like in the old earth 2. Fury was probably kidnapped by Steppenwolf and trained by Granny Goodness. Fury basically has the same powers as Wonder Woman and both can't fly. Fury could also be a clone of Wonder Woman.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Press Oblivion

Oh, I haven't listened to the Podcast yet . . . will do that now. :)

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By crowncoke

I will have to do the same. I would rather it be Donna than another 'child of' from Earth 2.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By colonyofcells

Donna Troy on earth 2 is as unlikely was Wally West on earth 2. I am sure James Robinson is concentrating on the former justice society characters and old golden age characters that dc has allowed him to use. So far, many characters have been put on main earth such as Black Canary, Michael Holt, Vandal Savage the former Alan Scott villain, Shade the former Jay Garrick villain, Spectre, Stargirl, etc. My suggestion is just be consistent and also reboot all of the old justice society characters on main earth too. I prefer main earth to have a complete set of the old justice society characters. So far, earth 2 is just a partial shadow of the old justice society stuff since many characters are off limits to James Robinson and I don't really find earth 2 that relevant post-Flashpoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.