Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #6 your thoughts

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

...WW fans are certainly hard to please, but in fairness DC/WB haven't really done her justice over the years, so I feel that frustration spills out amongst her fans....I am certainly not complaining about the Superman/WW comic, its just a fun action filled read.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By ArchiZoom

@bezza: You say you're a married man with kids but you behave like a teenage girl. You're noticeably concerned that people in this community may think you're one of us, the whingy little people that nobody likes. We're like the unpopular kids on comic vine. This is like high school all over again though where I'm from, high school is frankly more sufferable than this.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By PowerWoman

@archizoom: high school is very cool...

I have a lot of friend and regular outing,etc,so many fun

Why "sufferable"?it's your high school bad?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By PowerWoman

Some people here think that the anti-SM/WW people are grounded in logic. They're not. They're just hating for the sake of hating.

Like Wonder Woman would want to be with a man who can't take care of himself, Feminism is about female equality, not superiority. Wonder Woman HAS NEVER been able to match Superman blow for blow. In punch for punch fight, no martial arts, no magic, Superman wins 100/100. Wonder Woman's fighting ability makes up the gap between them.

And to PW, no Kryptonian female has yet to be placed in Superman's wheelhouse. Neither SG or PW has ever been suggested as equals to Superman.

Sure,i agree,but not because superman is man,so,he stronger than female kryptonian

Post-crisis superman just have more feats than SG or PG

But most interesting is doomsday or darkseid never push planets or withstand planet explosion or any Impressive feats,but people (most of people,superman fans) belive each other as powerful as superman(no feat,only battle)

Based feat,Post-crisis supergirl actual destroy a moon,FTL,survive planet explosion,beat ultraman (who as powerful as superman too,but less experience)

I can challenge you or anyone,except superman himself,who destroy moon,who FTL,who survive planet explosion in post-crisis?

shazam?

no

black adam?

no

darkseid?

no

doomsday?

never

lol

And you talking about Pre-crisis,This is even more interesting,Because PC supergirl have pretty good feats,From my memory,Only PC superman,Golden age Captain marvel/family(mary marvel and captain marvel JR)has matched the feats

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: No, high school was good, the happiest days of my life. Adulthood is what I'm having problems with.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By PowerWoman

@archizoom: Me too..Work, career, a lot of things that make me very suck

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Bezza

@archizoom:

I am behaving like the teenage girl? Really?! I'd say you do a pretty good impression of a pouty temperamental teenager on here yourself most days...me, I just happen to like Superman/Wonder Woman. Seeing as a lot of hardcore WW fans don't like it, I would hardly say that I was "playing to the gallery!"

and another thing, if you find CV so unsufferable, don't come on here, no one Is making you....

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Of course you are, you're terrified that people like @mpfly88 mistake you for one of us but in fairness to you bezza, you're not the only one. This place is fiiiiiiiilled with hypocrites. I'm so perceptive I can almost smell it.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#259  Edited By 2cool4fun

@lvenger said:

So people are going over the moon about a simplistic and cliched trope of Apollo powering up Zod and Faora? Really, this is what counts as good writing?

Simplistic? True. Good writing? Also true.

What Apollo did may not be the most original thing in the universe, but it's just the way the 2 universes come together that is great. Apollo appeared all the way back in issue 2, and what happened in that issue was a perfect set up to what he did in this issue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#260  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

So people are going over the moon about a simplistic and cliched trope of Apollo powering up Zod and Faora? Really, this is what counts as good writing?

Simplistic? True. Good writing? Also true.

What Apollo did may not be the most original thing in the universe, but it's just the way the 2 universes come together that is great. Apollo appeared all the way back in issue 2, and what happened in that issue was a perfect set up to what he did in this issue.

But it demeans the role of Zod and Faora as villains if the sole reason their plan worked is because Apollo amped them up. It's demeaning to both sets of villains here, especially someone like Zod who has never needed outside influence to be the threat to Superman that he is. Thus this current story arc was a clearly poor mix of two sets of villains where no one benefitted from the crossover.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#261  Edited By Lvenger

And it still amazes me that the level of idiotic logic and fanboy Tumblr shipping arguments that are spouted like the inane drivel they are in defense of this poor romance. It is completely forced, utterly devoid of emotion, empty of any serious connection and only exists to give the vain-minded shippers of the Internet a chance to squeal over this power couple. It disrespects Superman by making him seem whiny about the relationship and it especially demeans Diana by making her seem indecisive, aggressive and aloof from the romance.

And worse of all, it alienates both characters from humanity. Superman and Wonder Woman now seem like gods towering above the people they're supposed to protect as opposed to having links within the world via friends or romantic partners. Human partners I might add that work much better than this vapid romance. How people actually like this pairing is beyond me.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Bezza

@archizoom:

I really have no idea what you are talking about, "one of us". What does that mean? If you mean I don't want to be mistaken for an embittered WW poster who rarely has anything positive to say on the forum, then hell you're right! I like what I like. The fact that I like Azzarrello's book and the Superman/Wonder Woman book puts me both in line and at odds with fellow fans like @lvenger.

I think you need to stop dishing out insults and picking arguments with people...all this stuff about hypocrites, just what is your problem?!

I'd rather get back to discussing Wonder Woman and her comics...on that note, do we think the current story will end in Issue 7?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: yes, Soule confirmed that Zod and Faora will disappear now for some reason and go somewhere else, just like that.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

Ok, a bit strange, will see what happens next I guess...

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: maybe they got sucked back into the phantom zone from the explosion.

ssj4jw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By ssj4jw
    @muffin_sangria said:

@bezza: maybe they got sucked back into the phantom zone from the explosion.

They went back into the phantom zone to take head of the invasion army.

No Caption Provided

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

And it still amazes me that the level of idiotic logic and fanboy Tumblr shipping arguments that are spouted like the inane drivel they are in defense of this poor romance.It is completely forced, utterly devoid of emotion, empty of any serious connection and only exists to give the vain-minded shippers of the Internet a chance to squeal over this power couple. It disrespects Superman by making him seem whiny about the relationship and it especially demeans Diana by making her seem indecisive, aggressive and aloof from the romance.

And worse of all, it alienates both characters from humanity. Superman and Wonder Woman now seem like gods towering above the people they're supposed to protect as opposed to having links within the world via friends or romantic partners. Human partners I might add that work much better than this vapid romance. How people actually like this pairing is beyond me.

I just wanted to quote this so it can be repeated. This is the reason you never have fan fic writers be in the comic business.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i don't really care about the couple... i don't hate that they are together... it's just that i don't care who they are dating... but i have to say ... i m really digging the writing.. it is a great book. And the ending was interesting... especially the atom splitting bit.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Bezza

i don't really care about the couple... i don't hate that they are together... it's just that i don't care who they are dating... but i have to say ... i m really digging the writing.. it is a great book. And the ending was interesting... especially the atom splitting bit.

A fair summary of how I feel actually. No point in getting into such a lather over a comic book, if you are, maybe you need to get out a bit more!!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

And it still amazes me that the level of idiotic logic and fanboy Tumblr shipping arguments that are spouted like the inane drivel they are in defense of this poor romance. It is completely forced, utterly devoid of emotion, empty of any serious connection and only exists to give the vain-minded shippers of the Internet a chance to squeal over this power couple. It disrespects Superman by making him seem whiny about the relationship and it especially demeans Diana by making her seem indecisive, aggressive and aloof from the romance.

people like Twilight and this is way better than that piece of crap. Still what you said is how i feel about his marriage to lois (which coincidental marked a drop in superman sales and intrigue) so i don't see why you gotta hate this relationship just because of the people that ship it. Thats like hating batman as a character because of his fans and their batgod modes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.