SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #6 your thoughts

#1 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

man Apollo is a A$$

#2 Edited by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

man Apollo is a A$$

Man, how did you beat me this time? I was about to give the spoilers and I see your thread. But, you all should enjoy this issue. Full of action, but Wonder Woman, looks like she made the ultimate sacrifice.

#3 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: my bad i'll let you have issue 7 lol also it look like the sword splitting atom theory turn out to be true

#4 Edited by prettywonderboy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked superman/ wonder woman 6. The ending made me want to tear up a little bit. One thing that i didn't like very much is that the fight scenes between sm, ww and faora, zod were not well executed/drawn. And apollo interfering was such a dick thing to do, but he's a villain and that's his character. Over all, i thought it was a solid issue. I cant wait for issue #7!

#5 Posted by Outside_85 (8177 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that last panel explains why Superman looks like a zombie on the upcoming covers.

#6 Posted by Jayc1324 (9834 posts) - - Show Bio

I now like wonder woman's villians much more than I love wonder woman

#7 Posted by SNascimento (438 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was absolute incredible. Not only the story itself was amazing with a powerful and momorable finale, something that few other, if any couple could pull off, but the way so much of what came before was smoothly integrated and connect in this last issue was a great show of writing, Apollo powering subtly powering up the kryptonians was a special touch. Not few people talked about how Zod and Faora shouldn't be that powerful so fast, well, there you have a perfect explanation.

However, the best thing that can be said about this issue might be how it felt like both worlds coming together. It didn't feel a Superman stor or a Wonder Woman story, it felt something that took from both and create something new. It's no only that you had members of both mythologies in the story, that's easy to do, it's how they were connected and woven together to create this epic issue.

Really, I wasn't expect something so good. A round of applause to Soule and Daniels. The latter who delived a beautiful art, as always.

#8 Edited by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Now we know she's poisoned by residual radiation and that she's unable to survive a nuclear blast unless Superman wraps her in his indestructible cape. There we have it, more signs of weakness. Saved by a man for the millionth time in the new 52. This issue was total and complete merda a la Charles Soule, on every possible level. Little Miss 'll-kill-you-both' in issue 5 got the beating of her life at the hands of the lesser foe just like I said she would.

I rate this book 0/10

#9 Posted by Squalleon (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

So at one issue WW beats both Zod and Faora and in the next she gets her ass kicked by Faora ok...
I think that although an enjoyable title, SM/WW is weak in the action parts. Soule makes someone look bad to make the other look good, then the reverse and the title becomes inconsistent and reduculous.
Also I liked the how Diana responded to the I love you talk about an alpha-female :-p

#10 Edited by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

This book is an endless string of tired clichés, one after another. If Charles Soule is seen as an uprising star then they really must be going through a talent crisis.

#11 Edited by ssj4jw (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are forgetting that Zod and Faora got supercharged by Apollo to win the fight.

#12 Posted by SanoHibiki (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect comics. I don’t know how Soule doing that, but each next issue of this title looks better to me that previous one. Awesome reading! Here I got real feeling of team-up in its purest form.

Apollo subtly (and then openly) powered Zod and Faora. Nice subplot from Soule. With brothers like that who needs enemies… Oh wait, he is already enemy. I hope now no one would complain about his and Strife’s characterization.

Like that Clark finally overcoming his protective streak. Man, this woman doesn’t need your protection!

Plenty of cameos and references to early DC’s works. Gefest looks a bit like Hellboy, nuclear explosion closing Phantom Zone is allegory on Superman 2 (where nuclear bomb opened Zone), and Clark’s state in the end reminds me how he looked in Dark Knight.

Bravo to Soule, 4.5/5 (his action scenes are somewhat lacking).

#13 Posted by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj4jw: Showing that, at their very best, kryptonians have power far in excess of Wonder Woman's, which has been the central theme of this book.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

So people are going over the moon about a simplistic and cliched trope of Apollo powering up Zod and Faora? Really, this is what counts as good writing? I'm still glad I passed on this overhyped series since it just proves that Superman and Wonder Woman have nothing in common outside their work. To quote the sad and twisted relationship between Dennis Barclay and Liz Tremayne in Alan Moore's Swamp Thing; "All we have in common is the horror in our lives, Dennis. That's what holds us together." That's the only justification given for the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship and it should be obvious that isn't a healthy basis for romantic intimacy.

#15 Edited by Zackisme (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a chubby reading this issue. BRAVO!!

#16 Posted by Bezza (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom:

I'm partly with you on your criticism of this book, it does appear Supes saves WW with his cape, although we don't know until next month what state she is in. Not too happy about this myself, as I really want a strong WW.

..Re the battle, I think Apollo amped up the kryptonians because Supes took a beating too..

Still not sure what I make of this issue...

#17 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: what the?you do know that superman got his ass whup too so i don't where you getting that WW is showing to be weak when in the beginning of the fight they were winning until Apollo being the biggest ass help out zod and faora.

#18 Posted by Bezza (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy:

Yeah good point, but if Supes shrugs off the nuclear explosion and WW doesn't (Which is the suggestion from the final panel), it does appear she is weak compared with Superman....

#19 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: issue 7 cover she look okay supes on the other hand yesh has seen better days lol now if your asking why superman cover ww with his cape it not becuase he think she weak think it more like he cares about her alot watch she going to call him an idiot and he going to say i love you

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8177 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I missing something here or is there a reason neither Superman or Wonder Woman could dig open the container using their pinky fingers, but an atomic blast could?

#21 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

I disagree. It's not nearly as bad as you're painting it to be. Why is it necessary for them to have a lot in common? Opposites attract sometimes.

#22 Posted by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: They were winning because they had the benefit of invisibility and magic, they struck first and did so strategically against Zod. They also wore the armors that hephaestus forged, which absorbed and stored the power of their enemies. Without them they would've been pummeled badly. It was hinted that Superman's considerably stronger on 3 occasions:

1- Superman said: "two of the most dangerous enemies I ever fought(...)people as strong as me (not us)" ; 2- This is as strong as Wonder Woman gets whereas Superman was only using a fraction of his true potential ; 3- he survived the nuclear explosion.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@lvenger:

I disagree. It's not nearly as bad as you're painting it to be. Why is it necessary for them to have a lot in common? Opposites attract sometimes.

If those opposites had a certain chemistry, I'd be all for it. But these opposites have no romantic intimacy to them at all on any topic. They simply feel cliched and forced fan fiction whenever they're on page. That's why I don't like the pairing, because it's never worked.

#24 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: 1-yup strong as him but in nowhere did he say wonder woman couldn't handle them hell even wonder woman said she could handle faora without superman help.2- true potential?you mean the the power boost which only last for small moment you also forget she has god mode which even in her own book she hardly use.3-she survive and is okay look at the cover of issue 7

#25 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: agree i think there was some explanation on it but i just call bs on it

#26 Posted by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: i think both of us need to wait for the next issue for some explanation cause even the nuke effected superman is bs

#28 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Isn't everything fan fiction? The writer wants something to happen and then writes it. I don't understand where the negative connotation comes from when the term fan fiction is brought up. How would you suggest they handle this romance?

#29 Edited by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

Now we know she's poisoned by residual radiation and that she's unable to survive a nuclear blast unless Superman wraps her in his indestructible cape. There we have it, more signs of weakness. Saved by a man for the millionth time in the new 52. This issue was total and complete merda a la Charles Soule, on every possible level. Little Miss 'll-kill-you-both' in issue 5 got the beating of her life at the hands of the lesser foe just like I said she would.

I rate this book 0/10

I say this with all due respect, but are you NUTS? I'm only asking because you're sounding really nutty right now. You're so nutty in fact, I just got a hankering for a Snicker's bar.

#31 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Wonder Woman #6 was the greatest single issue I've ever read from either hero. Calling it "epic" would be an understatement, "outstanding" doesn't do it enough justice. Every plot thread from the first five issues dovetailed seamlessly into a shocking conclusion of nuclear proportions that was completely unpredictable.

Charles Soule may possibly be the best writer working in comics today.

#33 Edited by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: not if she dies, she can't heal herself back to life. If the explosion did that Mr. Terrifically Invulnerable, we have to assume she would've died because this is a book about Superman and the woman he loves who is also kind of strong.

#34 Edited by r2datu (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive issue. Tying Apollo in with the Kryptonian threat was a very clever idea. I did have a few problems such as the main fight scene being very messy to read and the fact that Wonder Woman never thought to use her sword, but overall, I was pleased.

#35 Posted by PowerWoman (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

That why i call ww feats it's PIS

superman just weak to hell in the S/W

after 3 years since new 52 started,we know now that WW is no longer able to show the level of speed she used to show in combat,no longer able to lift the things she used to lift and no longer able to survive a nuclear explosion while in the past she could take a nukle to the head unharmed,she can also be poisoned now while in the past she couldn't get poisoned and was immune to radiation,so can we just agree that DC has made WW weak in the new 52?".

#36 Posted by r2datu (599 posts) - - Show Bio

That why i call ww feats it's PIS

superman just weak to hell in the S/W

after 3 years since new 52 started,we know now that WW is no longer able to show the level of speed she used to show in combat,no longer able to lift the things she used to lift and no longer able to survive a nuclear explosion while in the past she could take a nukle to the head unharmed,she can also be poisoned now while in the past she couldn't get poisoned and was immune to radiation,so can we just agree that DC has made WW weak in the new 52?".

Still waiting on your answer. What's the problem?

#37 Posted by PowerWoman (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont deceive ourselves,ww need superman save and superman get hurt

Superman is weak in this series(not bench earth weight level)

Wonder woman..........wow...that was weakest version,even SA wonder woman can survive it

#38 Posted by r2datu (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont deceive ourselves,ww need superman save and superman get hurt

Superman is weak in this series(not bench earth weight level)

Wonder woman..........wow...that was weakest version,even SA wonder woman can survive it

Still waiting. Why can't you answer a simple question?

#39 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Wha???? They can be hurt by nukes now???!?!?!?!

#40 Edited by PowerWoman (3337 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by PowerWoman (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: WTF too

I dont know next wonder woman and superman how weak,however,i think it's like,

hey,superman is too powerful,if he can easily survive what to do wonder woman?

Ok...we can take superman a bit,nukes can hurt superman now

S/W 6

#43 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are jumping to a lot of conclusions, WE DON'T KNOW DIANA IS DEAD YET!

I wouldn't be surprised if next issue she peels the cape off to reveal she's perfectly fine. For one it's already been stated she heals fast, two it looks like her bracelets are crossed beneath the cape, that would have provided her greater resistance to injury Post-Crisis, or her bracelets could be off all together and she survived the blast in God Mode (for a New 52 explanation).

In the image posted above Supes is the one the worst for wear and Diana is helping him out, that may very well be the case. Don't go off half cocked.

#44 Posted by WhineHaus (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I loved this issue! Very grand and sweeping. Soule is writing two of the most powerful characters, so of course it has to be epic. I started this series with mediocre interest, but it's become one of my favorite titles.

ps. That last panel was haunting. I can't wait for #7.

#45 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by ArchiZoom (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Since Wonder Woman was susceptible to residual radiation, we'll see if they show her die from radiation poisoning now that there's deadly amounts of it wafting in the air.

#47 Edited by r2datu (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: WTF too

I dont know next wonder woman and superman how weak,however,i think it's like,

hey,superman is too powerful,if he can easily survive what to do wonder woman?

Ok...we can take superman a bit,nukes can hurt superman now

S/W 6

Still waiting ... just a simple question

#48 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

That issue was amazing. I really did get misty eye! Im fanboying out so hard.

That was where I expected the writing when their relationship was announced, and now its finally there, and I could not be more pumped. Seriously, my favorite issue since the New 52 began!

Sorry, I am so stoked. 10/10 would tell my future grandchildren. Im only sad Lois is his love interest in the movies now lol.

#49 Posted by Farkam (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc said:

@lvenger:

If those opposites had a certain chemistry, I'd be all for it. But these opposites have no romantic intimacy to them at all on any topic. They simply feel cliched and forced fan fiction whenever they're on page. That's why I don't like the pairing, because it's never worked.

#50 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: You'd have to read it but:

they basically just got done fighting two bloodlusted, super sun amped kryptonians. They were totally gassed, but even then Zod said they didnt have time to kill them. So they put them in the reactor so the light wouldnt reach Superman, so he could recharge. In there, he may never have gotten to the point where he could have gotten back enough strength to dig out. Now, and this is maybe the only legitimate complaint about Wonder Woman's portrayal, she isnt a battery like Supes, so at some point, after resting, she would/should have reached a point where she could drag them both out. Still, they were in a time pinch, as Zod was bringing all of Warworld out of the Phantom Zone, so to close the Zone, they blew the reactor. It was freaking amazing. And Wonder Woman totally Han Solo'd Supes lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.