#1 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art and cover by TONY S. DANIEL and BATT

1:25 Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS

1:100 B&W Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and BATT

On sale NOVEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Whom the gods destroy, first they piss off! Seeking help against Doomsday, Diana turns to her brother Hephaestus for weapons—but a more immediate threat is Apollo and the other gods. They do not approve of Superman as a consort to Diana, and he will have to prove himself in combat!

lol this made laugh Diana god brother not approving who she date lol i really need to pick up this issue i hope it isnt as corny as i think it well be

#2 Posted by darkman61288 (769 posts) - - Show Bio

This proves my point. This whole series is about the them trying to prove that belong with each other. Yuck!

#3 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: relax super hero relationship nvr last long beside both well fight against doomday,the gods,and zod army so im expecting to have a lot good moment of fighting

#4 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: relax super hero relationship nvr last long beside both well fight against doomday,the gods,and zod army so im expecting to have a lot good moment of fighting

It's funny, though, that there have been so many missteps that we all know to just brace ourselves and wait for them to pass. I wish DC could just get it right a bit more often.

At least the art looks pretty cool. And it's nice that they are using some of Wonder Woman's villains instead of just tossing her into Superman's world. I also wonder if this series' endpoint will be the end of their relationship - they can't keep Superman and Lois Lane apart forever.

#5 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer: mmm proly my problem with this couple is that it felt force hopefully this comic well give us a better understanding why there together and not just because there two super power people

#6 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: I couldn't agree more. When it started I remember thinking it felt completely unearned and only happened so they could have a good cover for issue 12.

#7 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

This book can die and burn in hell

#10 Posted by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

yep. This seems to be some cliche plot. Afraid writer will get the gods characterization wrong, since when they care for Diana feelings and dates?

#11 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving it a chance, just to see Wonder Woman in another writer's hands. Team ups aren't unheard of for a series.

#12 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

yep. This seems to be some cliche plot. Afraid writer will get the gods characterization wrong, since when they care for Diana feelings and dates?

Since when do the gods care about who WW dates?

SRSLY!!!

#13 Edited by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@veronicacris said:

@jointron33 said:

Since when do the gods care about who WW dates?

SRSLY!!!

I share everyone's skepticism, but, given that Diana is the daughter of Zeus, there could be reasons the Gods would care - if they were to have a child it would be related to the Olympians and could have some impact on the pantheon. I'm sure DC won't handle it that way and it'll probably suck, but it's possible this could still be a good story. I'm not holding my breath.

#14 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer:

"They do not approve of Superman as a consort to Diana, and he will have to prove himself in combat"

Maybe, but this line raises doubts as to which way they are going with this.

On a side not, If this were Azzarello, I fear we would have a whole "Superman meets Zues at the introductory family dinner" arc complete with sitcom stereotypical gags ...

(that was a cheap shot)

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92843 posts) - - Show Bio

Passssssssss

#16 Posted by MPfly88 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate. Can't wait for this new book, day 1 buy.

#17 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

art by Tony Daniel

Diana down time this was suppose to be in the book but was decided not to who know maybe we get a better one in the comic but for now my god this look great

#18 Posted by Bezza (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeh, I'm gonna get it. Haters can hate off!!

#19 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait to read it. Im incredibly glad somebody is actually pulling Superman and Wonder Woman's worlds together.

#20 Edited by Mercy_ (92843 posts) - - Show Bio

nope nope nope

#21 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Like them teaming up, but I don't like the romance theme. Especially if it's gonna be "Supes fights a bunch of dudes who don't want them to date" crap.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, see if there's any depth past the apparent "romance" angle.

#23 Edited by herrweis (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe we all should let the book get released first and actually get an issue out before we judge it.

#24 Posted by Primebonnick (2492 posts) - - Show Bio

don't like the premise but whatever i will pic it up. I for one am glad they are dating hope it last as long as it can and maybe have maxima come in soon to try and get kal from diana been waiting for a maxima vs diana match. Still i want to see how the gods will fight the heroes i hope hercules makes an appearance..

#25 Posted by JuliusTakalua (292 posts) - - Show Bio

I love seeing WW mhythos being mixed up with other mythos.

Superman mythos and Batman Mythos ALWAYS clash on with somebody else's.... I do always love a full on cross over of mythoses...
But tbh i think this book will be terrible, although interesting.

#26 Edited by Wondy_X_Supes (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait!! <3

Haters. Gonna. Hate.

#27 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (756 posts) - - Show Bio
@bezza said:

Yeh, I'm gonna get it. Haters can hate off!!

+4

I'm sick of the little, cramped, insular corner of DC WW has been stuck in, in her own book. I'm happy to see her spread out, and written by someone other than Azzarello and Johns. More WW is a good thing, especially with the superhero action this book is promising.

#28 Posted by Anthonior (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for october and this series...been having a good time reading JL and trinity war didn't brake them up (excellent) and now with a series of their own it's even better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.