Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

South African Actress Tanit Phoenix For Wonder Woman?

• 71 results
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Primmaster64

hmm

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Static Shock

I think that she would be the best choice, based on appearance.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By WW-Fan

she looks awesome :)
    COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT

I think Tanit Phoenix looks the part  but I am sure they would be able to find someone better (or at least I hope!)

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @queenfrost_ said:
    " She seems good, just as long as she can play a strong independent woman with no strong male figure in her life it's all good. basically as long as shes like linda carter "
    I'd kinda rather she wasn't like Linda Carter. A modern series woudl be better moving away from the camp.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @PaxCM said:
    " I still like Demi Moore for Wonder Woman. "
    lol
    Hypolyta maybe :P
    AndromedaOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By AndromedaOmega

Doesn't really look like an amazon....or look like she could truly fit the part. Might have to facepalm this one.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Calvin
    @Babs:  It's great to return to comicvine after a while and get Diana's life movie news in the first page! - However, I must note, her page describe her 6 feet tall ?! - Height is important to a character as Wonder Woman, take Christopher Reeve  playing Superman for an  example... on another more serious issue... she may have the face.. the hair.. the eyes... the body... but... but will her acting inspire us, will she have the charismatic body language, the trustworthy and caring way of looking through your soul, will she be a another supermodel in a comic cosplay costume, or will she makes us believe. I mean BELIEVE! - Or just give her hightheels and I guess they can sell the movie......  

Damn she is tall! - With no major highheels... 
     Damn she is tall! - With no major highheels... 
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By batmanary

looks right

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WDW

According to her FACEBOOK page Tanit Phoenix auditioned for the part of Wonder Woman today

Tanit Phoenix I have a HUGE audition tomorrow... Visualize me in the WW role.. I need all your help focusing your minds to picture me on set filming, or picture me on TV as Diana Prince :) ♥ I want this role... I am so excited!

Tanit Phoenix Wonder Woman!!!! I want this role.. Keep seeing me on your TV screens. All the focus and visualizations you do, helps attract this role to me.. And it creates big interest worldwide with fans, I know I am meant to play this role... Manifesting greatness!

Tanit Phoenix Audition LOOKS awesome... One scene as Wonder Woman, one scene as Diana Prince.. And today the producers get to see my tape... I am soooo excited. Fingers crossed, mind focused on that final image of me on set filming already... ♥

She has been my first choice for the Wonder Woman TV show since it was announced she was interested
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Shadowdoggy

she definitely looks the part 
    I would be okay with that 
    very okay
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WDW

Here is an audition she did for another show yesterday she plays a COP

yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By yeopop

To be honest I'm not convinved.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WDW
    @yeopop said:
    " To be honest I'm not convinved. "
    However she is a MUCH better actress than Lynda Carter was
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#65  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ironically, where as with most characters I adore who leapt to the big screen, where I prefer an unknown, I can't help but wish that with Wonder Woman, we could get a more recognizable actress, if only to help drive the move towards success. Possibly I suppose that role can be played by supporting characters ala Thor and just promoted well. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66  Edited By MrDirector786

She does look like Wonder Woman.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WDW
    @SC said:
    " Ironically, where as with most characters I adore who leapt to the big screen, where I prefer an unknown, I can't help but wish that with Wonder Woman, we could get a more recognizable actress, if only to help drive the move towards success. Possibly I suppose that role can be played by supporting characters ala Thor and just promoted well.  "
    You may be right but this show is already highly promoted with Kelley producing it.... I don't think casting a recognizable actress would really do much to make the show a success  as much as having a fun and entertaining story....So far the only recognizable actresses that have stated interest in the part have been woefully wrong to play Wonder Woman.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @WDW said:
    " @SC said:
    " Ironically, where as with most characters I adore who leapt to the big screen, where I prefer an unknown, I can't help but wish that with Wonder Woman, we could get a more recognizable actress, if only to help drive the move towards success. Possibly I suppose that role can be played by supporting characters ala Thor and just promoted well.  "
    You may be right but this show is already highly promoted with Kelley producing it.... I don't think casting a recognizable actress would really do much to make the show a success  as much as having a fun and entertaining story....So far the only recognizable actresses that have stated interest in the part have been woefully wrong to play Wonder Woman. "

Ideally I like to believe that if the story is fun and entertaining it could and would succeed on that basis, but often I find myself disappointed with people and what actually motivates them, and I also agree with your latter sentence, no good choices from the more famous actresses. Its all around gloom for me lol, but I apologize, please excuse my pessimism, like many of the threads regarding Wonder Woman my wishes and opinions seem to echo yours. (I like Tanit for this role)
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WDW
    @SC said:

" @WDW said:

" @SC said:
    You may be right but this show is already highly promoted with Kelley producing it.... I don't think casting a recognizable actress would really do much to make the show a success  as much as having a fun and entertaining story....So far the only recognizable actresses that have stated interest in the part have been woefully wrong to play Wonder Woman. "
     Ideally I like to believe that if the story is fun and entertaining it could and would succeed on that basis, but often I find myself disappointed with people and what actually motivates them, and I also agree with your latter sentence, no good choices from the more famous actresses. Its all around gloom for me lol, but I apologize, please excuse my pessimism, like many of the threads regarding Wonder Woman my wishes and opinions seem to echo yours. (I like Tanit for this role) "
    I like her because she seems to really really  want to be Wonder Woman and she looks the part LOL....There are a few interviews online which show her enthusiasm... she keeps saying stuff like she was born for the role :P so I am hoping she will THROW herself into the role and really become her.... If 

Lake Bell or Jennifer love Hewlett looked the part I would be all for them hehe

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @WDW:  I like that about actors as well. A hungry actor can really bring a lot of fire to a role. Lake Bell, another nice choice. 
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WDW
    @SC said:
    " @WDW:  I like that about actors as well. A hungry actor can really bring a lot of fire to a role. Lake Bell, another nice choice.  "
    I like Lake Bell alot she is pretty but not in a Wonder Woman sort of way.... I looked at so many pictures of her and to me it seems like her face and features are TOO angular.....in my opinion....She looks like she could be a GREAT CHEETAH if they actually put cheetah into the TV show which I doubt :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.