Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

solo film in the works

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

That doesn't mean they're going to make the movie. It means if they do, Gal Gadot has to be in it.

There's no guarantee its going to happen. Although I'm sure they want too.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That doesn't mean they're going to make the movie. It means if they do, Gal Gadot has to be in it.

There's no guarantee its going to happen. Although I'm sure they want too.

oh im aware of that, should of put a question mark in the title. do you think it could happen though?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager
    kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: me too, they should really capitalize on her rise in popularity from the new 52. that and she could use the exposure

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

If people react to her character, I bet there will be. But we'll have to wait to see in 2016 to see how that goes.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I think that some people are misinterpreting what this means, this does not mean that WB is planning on doing a Wonder Woman solo movie as much as it is that IF they want to do a Wonder Woman solo movie, they don't have to pay Gal Gadot that much because they signed her to a contract when her stock was low (which is smart).

That being said, the whole DCCU depends on how Batman V.S. Superman performs, if it does very well, then we likely see a separate Wonder Woman film as well as a separate Batman film. Do I think it will happen, I am 65% sure it won't because I have no confidence in what WB is doing (I don't think they do either). I hope I'm wrong though.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they planning a solo movie? WB/DC currently only have Superman to their name. Their competition, Marvel, has multiple successful solo franchises, the most successful comic book movie in history (Avengers), and new additions coming soon. DC is stepping up their game with the inclusion of Batman into their universe. They stepped their game up once again by giving Wonder Woman a "cameo" role and announcing their plans for a Justice League movie. If Wonder Woman's role is actually only a small cameo, then what's the point of adding her? Show her for five seconds then throw her in the Justice League? Wait several years for Man of Steel 3? No. They're planning something for her just as they're planning something for Batman. Batman has a big name already, but the most popular cinematic female hero is still up for grabs. Do you think WB is going to sit idly by while Marvel cashes in on the female audience? No. WB is going accept Marvel's challenge and step it up once again.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope that this doesn't mean they're going to go the "Black Widow" route and keep putting her in films without giving her her own solo film. But, given that they didn't cast a bankable star, it seems possible that that's what they plan to do.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Quality over quantity, quality over quantity. If you think about it they only make half a comic book movie anyway. The other half is the amount of time wasted with pointless jokes/antics. But they can get away with that. Which gives them a little more leniency. DC has the weight of the world on its shoulders when it comes to making a successful movie franchise. (Which I reliese is their own fault) but I really think they tried. It's just a difficult live action team to put together. And I believe Wonder Woman should get a film, but idrc to be honest. I don't have very high expectations for Gal Gadot.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before they even THINK about starting a WW film project, they to focus on developing a GREAT script for it...Her potential solo film needs a solid script with great concepts to translate to the big screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.